mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Crossmax XL bearing

i want to change the disc side bearing on my rear crossmax xl, is there another source than mavic to puchase them. By example, did someone know the SKF ar INA reference for front and rear bearing on theses wheels....

thanks

LBS Manager

I would get them from mavic.

You should be able to get them at any bearing suplier. Just be carfull because there are so many diferent types of bearings out there some are designed to run smooth outhers to take alot of load and so on. I would probably just get them from mavic so you have the exact same bearings in both sides of the hub.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy
    You should be able to get them at any bearing suplier. Just be carfull because there are so many diferent types of bearings out there some are designed to run smooth outhers to take alot of load and so on. I would probably just get them from mavic so you have the exact same bearings in both sides of the hub.
    Thanks for the reply,

the bearing on both side of theses hubs are not the same, and i foud that they are too expensive regarding to their durability.

mtbr member

Phil wood

I would try to see if you can get some from phil wood. They are still a bit pricey, but durability should be very, very good. Dopnt know if they have correct size, though. See if you can get a match here:

http://www.philwood.com/Price%20List...ntBearings.pdf

LBS Manager

I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by ErrAzIb
    Thanks for the reply,

the bearing on both side of theses hubs are not the same, and i foud that they are too expensive regarding to their durability.
    I have road 3 seasons on mine and they are perfect.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

very good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy
    I have road 3 seasons on mine and they are perfect.

but i'll believe that we ride in different conditions, here in north east (i live in quebec, canada), i'ts very muddy and last summer was more wet than normal...with a mediculous maintenance the disc side bearing last no more than 500 miles.......i.hope it will be dryer this summer...