PROEDGEBIKER.COM

New question here. Crank Bros Cobalt XC Wheels Question

Got my wheels today and they look SICK on the MTB. Right away I noticed that the wheels dont have the inner lips that Mavic Wheels have to hold the tires. After i mounted the tires and put air in, the air holds pretty good when being pushed down but when i went around squeezing the tires sidewalls some of the air seeps out.(Not Much but not used to that)

Question:

Will that go away?

thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Sounds like you didn't get the beed seated correctly. Grab a bottle of soapy wather and spray the beed while working your way around the tire deflated. Reinflate it again and see if you hear it poppin into the beed.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    they worked well, and had an owesome 1st ride. Thanks.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker
    Got my wheels today and they look SICK on the MTB. Right away I noticed that the wheels dont have the inner lips that Mavic Wheels have to hold the tires. After i mounted the tires and put air in, the air holds pretty good when being pushed down but when i went around squeezing the tires sidewalls some of the air seeps out.(Not Much but not used to that)

Question:

Will that go away?

thanks in advance.
    While the rims are claimed to be "tubeless," that lack of the inner bead lip, which is a key part of the UST spec, concerns me, too. Tubeless tires will not seal as well or be as secure as on a UST or Bonty TLR rim.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    While the rims are claimed to be "tubeless," that lack of the inner bead lip, which is a key part of the UST spec, concerns me, too. Tubeless tires will not seal as well or be as secure as on a UST or Bonty TLR rim.
    Once the bead set into the wheel it was perfect, not a problem and no air leaked.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The wheels do have the inner bead lock. His hadn't popped into place yet is all.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload
    The wheels do have the inner bead lock. His hadn't popped into place yet is all.
    Actually they dont have the bead lock like Mavic does. But its all good now. Awesome Wheels.

Mashers Only!!
    Not into the Crank Bros Cobalt wheels but..... They look hawt on your bike!! They even make your stand look fast!

HUGH

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    Not into the Crank Bros Cobalt wheels but..... They look hawt on your bike!! They even make your stand look fast!

HUGH
    Waiting to get the Silver ones in June, coulnt pass them up though, they perform awesome.

mtbr member
    I figured I would add a picture of mine as well. They are really fun wheels. My riding buddy hates the freewheel sound which makes me coast even more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload
    I figured I would add a picture of mine as well. They are really fun wheels. My riding buddy hates the freewheel sound which makes me coast even more.
    Me Too