mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Continental Race King 29 x 2.0

I've heard good things.
    Comments anyone???
    Please advise.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hell yes. I love these tires. I've run them tubeless on my Cannondale for two years now. What can I say? They grip well and don't let me down. They're very resilient: Each one has a deep gash or two but the tread still holds together and doesn't split apart the rest of the way and become a puncture. I'm especially surprised because I run high pressure. They seem pricey, so maybe buy used?

mtbr member
    Are they true to size? My 2.2 Mountain King 26 Supersonic with the triangle knobs are super thin, comparable to other 2.0 tires. I hope these are true 2.1 tires?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I ran 2.2 RK in the rear for some time.

Decent grip but not that impressive in corners, lots of volume, light, fast, really hard to setup tubeless with sealant, leaked sealant from sidewalls for months and months which makes we question the paper thin sidewalls.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I've been running these for the past year and am actually in the process of getting rid of them. They are fine on fast "flowy" trails, but just don't cut it for a lot of the steep uphill climbs I do. The rear loses traction very easily -- much more so than any tire I've run in the past 20 years. Not a bad tire by any means, just not the right match for the riding I am doing right now. BTW, not a single flat in 12 months.