No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Conti Survival Pro dimentions? 2.3 actual? Shiggy?

Building up a new bike. Thinking it's going to be a Sinister Gruitr. Want some large(er) tires. Used to run the Survival Pro's on my Smorgasbord 853 steel hardtail. Can't run them on my current ride as they're too wide for the chainstays. I do run a WTB Weirwolf 2.3 on the front of my current rig/2.1 Weirwolf rear. (Old school, Eastern Woods Research Original Woods Bike frame) Trying to compare with a tape is pointless. Plus, by just looking at them, it's tuff to tell as the Weirwolf has SO many more (smaller) knobs than the openly spaced, Conti Survival Pros. I'm guessing that the Conti's are a touch more volume. (?)
    I know that they're not made any more. I have two new ones, still in box that could be used. A ProTection one for the rear, and a reg. one for the front. After they wear, I'd love to do Syncros BH Fr/Rear's though. Wondering the actual measurements of those in both the 2.35 and 2.5's as well.

Actual measurements? Casing and tread width? (Especially the no longer made Conti's but I'd appreciate both brands Conti/Syncros.)

Asking for a LOT but hoping that someone can help me bridge the gap from my bike(s) from diff. eras.

Thanks!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The Survial ProTection is on Shiggy's Conti Specs page. I'm not sure if the Pro differs in size, I've got one mounted on a rim and will measure it.

http://www.mtbtires.com/specs/conti.html

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Thanks! Just a "skinch" (Yes, I just made that up now..) smaller than my WTB Weirwolf 2.3's.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Building up a new bike. Thinking it's going to be a Sinister Gruitr. Want some large(er) tires. Used to run the Survival Pro's on my Smorgasbord 853 steel hardtail. Can't run them on my current ride as they're too wide for the chainstays. I do run a WTB Weirwolf 2.3 on the front of my current rig/2.1 Weirwolf rear. (Old school, Eastern Woods Research Original Woods Bike frame) Trying to compare with a tape is pointless. Plus, by just looking at them, it's tuff to tell as the Weirwolf has SO many more (smaller) knobs than the openly spaced, Conti Survival Pros. I'm guessing that the Conti's are a touch more volume. (?)
    I know that they're not made any more. I have two new ones, still in box that could be used. A ProTection one for the rear, and a reg. one for the front. After they wear, I'd love to do Syncros BH Fr/Rear's though. Wondering the actual measurements of those in both the 2.35 and 2.5's as well.

Actual measurements? Casing and tread width? (Especially the no longer made Conti's but I'd appreciate both brands Conti/Syncros.)

Asking for a LOT but hoping that someone can help me bridge the gap from my bike(s) from diff. eras.

Thanks!
    Man, I wish that they would have kept making those, and offered them in a larger size, like a real 2.35. For the size, I they are the best front tire I've ever used, without a close second, and were great in the rear for the real muck.

banned
    FWIW, the rubber Queens are pretty full tires. Conti gave me the parameters they use for measurements at EB and they're not necessarily as dubious as we thought.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've just measured the Survival Pro 2.3. It's not a new tyre, but shows little wear.

These measurements are approximate.

The tyre is mounted on an On-One Reetard rim, 24.2mm outside width @ 40 PSI.

Tread Width: 55mm
    Casing Width: 50mm

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Actual width= 2.1"
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

Edibles
    I have a pair of 2.3 survival if anyone like to buy them.