Double-metric mtb man

Conti Slash 2.3 tires?

I see that someone posted this same question last year and got no nibbles...and that the reviews section is bare...

Anyone tried these tires? If so, what conditions and how'd they do?

My LBS has a sweet deal on them right now, but I've not heard anything about them. Any and all feedback greatly appreciated.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member

i have them...

these came on my coilair instead of the maxxis advantage....actually bought it from a guy in your neck of the woods. i really like these tires so far. they're grippy for the most part on the solid stuff.
    unfortunately, i live in an area where tires experience a very short lifespan....phoenix, az. it's simply too rocky and loose for most tires. compared to some other tires i have ridden, they don't look like they're going to last very long. granted, all other tires i've used have been under 4" travel full suspension bikes. i am definitely more aggressive on the new bike but still riding the same trails (they're just more fun now). after 2 months i have already switched the front to rear as i was getting a lot of spinning. they don't have much of a center knob which seems to be the problem.
    they're definitely not as grippy as a maxxis high roller. hope this helps.

Double-metric mtb man
    The High Rollers look interesting, but my build is more XC than anything else... for my long XC type rides, adding the extra 1.5 lbs by going to the Rollers would be noticable.

I was wondering about the lack of centre knobs and if that would be an issue. The Conti Edge tires use the same design (1.95 vs 2.3 for the slash) and have received good reviews... it was worth asking about.

mtbr member

irc on my 4" fs

i hear you on that.
    i put an irc trailbear 2.25 on my haro werx and really like it. i picked it up from a performance shop for about $15 and it has lasted me for months. i stopped in there for some grease, saw the same tire on sale, and bought another one. it's been quite durable compared to most (mythos xc II, etc.)

Double-metric mtb man
    Not many LBS have the IRC's locally Eh, they're on sale and I've heard some good things about Contis....maybe I'll give them a go and be the first to review them

Double-metric mtb man
    First ride on them today....I went with the Slash on the front (2.3) and an Edge on the rear (1.9 but same tread).

Generally speaking, they seem to roll pretty well. Rolling resistance isn't any worse than the Fire XC Pros and they are a lot lighter than the ACX's I had on (revisiting them) for the last little while.

You can tell that this tread pattern doesn't have centre knobs when you're on asphalt (ever ridden in a jacked-up 4x4 with big tires? Same feeling), but off road they work well. In spite of my having them at a fairly high pressure (I'm running them tubeless, so I run them hot if I have to ride them home from work where the compressor is), they hooked up and cleared well in the snow, slush and mud of the local MUTs I use to get back and forth from the office.

Too early to comment on much else, but I just thought I'd pass on my first impressions for now.