mtbr member

Conti Race King Supersonics; 2.0 or 2.2? Which is best, please?

Hello fellow riders. Been loking at the Conti Race Kings supersonic, just needing a fast rolling tire for mostly dirt roads, no gnarly roots, rock gardens, NO mud, just hardpacked roads mostly. The bike is an Orbea Oiz fs, and I am 230lbs, OLD guy, no hucking, jumping stuff for me any more, too beat up and too many operations, LOL!! I would appreciate any information suggestions on these two or any other "easy/fast rolling " tires, please?

Thanx!!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    This tire should work well for your needs. I have been running this tire in 2.2 for a number of years now. Fast rolling, great grip in hardpack, soft loam, and some mud. The tire conforms well to the trail, black chilli wears well and grips well IMO.

A few things to note about this tire:
    - Tire pressure is key not enough and it corners poorly. Too little and it squirms.
    - If you are one to really lean over the bike in corners you will not like this tire. The knobs only go so far to the side.

Formerly of Kent
    The 2.2 is one of the highest volume, fastest, best performing tires I've ever used. Take a hot minute to seal up properly when set up tubeless, but an amazing tire.

I'd recommend the 2.2 any day of the week. Massive volume, a true 2.2.

Save Jesus
    The 2.2 will be more shock absorbing than the 2.0. But you might consider the Racesport or Protection version if you ever scrape rocks on the sidewalls.

mtbr member
    Thank you for your kindhelp!! I do suffer brain deadness, as I eant to ask for any input on the race King Racesport, anyone, please? I am thinking ofit cause the sidewalls are a little thicker andmay seep less Stan's...any comment on the racesport Race King?
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

Save Jesus
    Yes, the sidewalls are thicker and will seep less Stan's.