mtbr member

Conti Race King Supersonic or Race King Eace Sport?

I'd appreciate any help/inof to help me choose between these two tires I am a bigger guy, 230, on an Orbea Oiz, just ride dirt roads, very litte sand and rocks, NO hucking/jumping, (those days are way over) Plan to buy the 2.2's. From the Coni website it look like the RK Supersonics are 470gms and the Race Sport is 500gms. Just looking for easier rolling tires. Have used Hutchinson Python Tubeless lights (the are ok work better than I thought they would in deep sand ). Have used many years ago Conti Verticals and Explorers, I did like them but I was racing at that time, over rocks roots, deep sand, etc. Used Hitchinson Barracuda Tubeless Enduros but I had trouble with the front washing out in corners. I know the RK's don't corner so great so I am taking that into consideration.

I'd like to hear your experiences with these two tires, please? THANX!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

ups and downs
    The only difference is the RaceSport has slightly thicker sidewall rubber coating, so they will last longer. They both have Black Chili rubber and the same tread pattern. Negligible difference in carcass suppleness and they both roll the same. The ProTection version has a tougher sidewall and anti-pinchflat bead, but still has Black Chili rubber. If you're running them on a narrow rim like a Mavic 517, at your weight the ProTection version might be good to reduce pinch flats. If you run them on 19-21mm rims they are pretty pinch resistant as long as the pressure isn't too low.

The Race King has a very narrow range of optimum pressure, so you'll want to tinker til you find it. There's only about 4psi between too hard and too soft. When they're too low they will squirm when cornering, when they are too high they will be bouncy. Once you get them dialed they are remarkably fast rolling and grippy.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada