mtbr member
    Jul 2012

compressor chuck for seating tubless tires

I tried to help a buddy convert some junky alex rims to tubeless with a stand kit, and for the life of us we couldn't get it going with a CO2 container (thats what I've always used on my stand rims without a problem) so we switched to a complressor, and I don't have a decent attachement for the presta valve without the valve stem.

The schader valve chuck doesn't work with the adapter because there is nothing to press the detent in the middle to let the air flow and the bow gun doesn't fir over the schrader adapter and doesn't seal on the presta alone...

is there a thread in adapter for the blow gun I need? or is there a completely different chuck? please post photo's/ links to the actual piece I need!

thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Not sure what you mean but I remove the value core from the presta value and use a normal blow gun chuck with rubber tip. If this won't set the bead nothing will.

Bicycle Addict
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zrodtx View Post
    Not sure what you mean but I remove the value core from the presta value and use a normal blow gun chuck with rubber tip. If this won't set the bead nothing will.
    This is my normal goto also

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zrodtx View Post

need to find the one threaded blowgun adapter with the rubber tip

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post

I've got 2 of those and they don't work because there is a big ass hole in the middle it where there needs to be something to depress the detent on the inside of the chuck to let the air flow:

Bicycle Addict
    If you leave the presta valve core in it will work just fine.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I used a rubber valvestem like this.

Then pulled the core out of the rubber stem and the presta stem. Put the rubber stem in the air chuck and the other end on top of the presta valve. it leaks a little bit when airing it up but it has always done the trick for me when the floor pump won't bead up a tire.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You need to get a chuck that has a triangular center valve. Then the brass shrader adapter will depress the chucks valve and release air. The walls of the adapter hit the chucks valve, not the usual center.