mtbr member
    Sep 2012

chris king iso rear hub to shimano cassette?

Hello everyone,

I have ordered a custom rear wheel with a king ISO rear hub, my question is will I have any problems mounting my Shimano HG8110 11-36 cassette to this hub?
    Will I need a spacer?
    Will my cassette match up with this hub at all?

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to hubs, so I just want to make sure I am getting the right parts before this build starts.

Thank you

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    You should spend some time looking on King's website to get familiar with your new hubs....because if you're concerned with cassette fitment then you may be concerned with break in period or other need to know items. Chris King Hubs | Chris King Precision Components

To answer your question yes it will work with Shimano and most all SRAM Cassettes (Not XX1)

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thank you. From what I gathered from Google I thought it would work I was just getting a definitive answer. Thank you again.

Plays with tools
    This might have been a question to ask BEFORE you ordered your wheel. But your in luck as your Shimano cassette will work just fine without any spacers (assuming it's >8spd)

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Is Chris king working on a XX1 compatible hub ? Own a ISO hub, I'll need to change the freehub ?

Plays with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by snoroqc View Post
    Is Chris king working on a XX1 compatible hub ? Own a ISO hub, I'll need to change the freehub ?
    Last I heard they are taking a wait and see approach to the XX1 fitment. Historically they are a pretty conservative company and are never the first to jump onto the bandwagon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoroqc View Post
    I emailed them a few weeks back.

They said:

"Ceramic bearings have to be ordered through a registered Chris King shop with tools to remove the old bearings and installing the new ones. As for XX1, we will not be producing any hubs that will work with that. Chris will be releasing a statement of why we will not be doing that soon, but the main reason is durability. Hope this answers your questions, thanks for the email.

Kessler

Customer Service Representative | Chris King Precision Components | 800.523.6008 ext. 217 l 503.972.4051 local | info@chrisking.com I Twitter: @ChrisKingBuzz "