Trail Ninja

Chris King ISO disc hubs convertible from QR to TA?

I've heard that Chris King ISO disc front hubs can be converted from 100x9 QR to 15QR, but not 20 TA.

I don't think I ever heard of a CK ISO disc rear hub being converted from 135x10 QR to 142x12 though.

I'm thinking about getting a SB-95a Race and using the hubs, but the SB-95 has a Fox 34 with 15QR up front and a the Race model uses 142x12 I believe.

Should I be looking for the Yeti chips to allow a 135x10 rear wheel and Chris King conversion kit for the front? Or is there a conversion kit for the rear, if 142x12 makes that much of a difference? Anyone know where I can get them for a reasonably good price (less than msrp without CA tax or SH pref)? If too expensive, I guess I could just ride the stock wheels and put the CK wheelset on my hardtail, but I don't think it'll be ridden much.

Former Bike Wrench
    According to the King website it is convertible to 142 x 10

Hub Specs | Chris King Precision Components

Trail Ninja
    Thanks. Now to find where to buy the parts. So far I've only found the 20mm to 15mm kits, which are expensive at $100.

mtbr member
    Call them directly.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Trail Ninja
    Seems they close at 5 PM PST, but I got someone on the phone anyways. None of the computers were on, so he could only go off of his head. They charge for adjusting clamps and axles for a total of about $100 each on each end.

Maybe I should call Yeti to get their opinion on 142x12 on their particular model. Yeti is closed for the day as well though. Guess I'll try to get a hold of these guys earlier tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Thanks. Now to find where to buy the parts. So far I've only found the 20mm to 15mm kits, which are expensive at $100.
    I got one for $80 @ Aspire...

mtbr member
    AVT - Aspire VeloTech - Chris King World's Largest Dealer

Try this place.. Its where I found mine.. Theyve got a lot of CK stuff and good customer service too.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Universal Cycles -- Chris King Hub Small Parts

Many not in stock but call and I bet they would order them. CK is ~4 miles away.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Trail Ninja
    That 142x12 rear axle (part # PHB569) is really hard to get, apparently. It's the only thing keeping me from converting my wheels now.