mtbr member

Chris king iso 20mm-qr?

Hi.
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no, because King 20mm hubs were very specifically designed for 20mm, but is it possible to convert the hub to qr like Hope etc hubs do? The reason is I just picked up a pair of iso hubs, but they are laced to DH rims and I am an Xc dude w/ only qr forks.

Has any one out there tried it? Am I better off selling the front and buying a new qr one? (can't really afford to)

Thanks
    mtnkiwi

mtbr member
    just used search function..... looks like no then

Unfit Norwegian
    That's right. It's not possible.

mtbr member
    The Hope Pro II 20mm is convertible to qr? I'm thinking about getting one to match my rear but I currently have a thru axle fork but may eventually go back to qr. How much is the conversion and is it tuff?

Commit or eat sh!t
    You might be able to get an aluminum tube w/ 9mm inner hole made to fit inside the 20mm. I am sure someone has made something like this. Check with a bike shop that knows what they are doing (like Path in Tustin).

King is not convertible but Hope Pro II is.

mtbr member
    quote:You might be able to get an aluminum tube w/ 9mm inner hole made to fit inside the 20mm. I am sure someone has made something like this. Check with a bike shop that knows what they are doing (like Path in Tustin).

I have thought about this. It might be a good idea. I will look into it. Seems a shame to split up a pair. Suppose there might be some light weight 20mm forks out nowadays too.

Stephen- For the Hope pro2, might be worth checking chainreactioncycles re price/adaptors

mtbr member
    Thanks - mtnkiwi