mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Chinese Carbon wheelset sellers. Which to avoid. Which to purchase from?

The thought of going carbon for not much more than some crests/arches or even havens has me intrigued.
    Looking at the ebay offerings and the others like light bicycle has my head spinning.
    Other than some price differences. What has prompted other buyers to go with or avoid a certain vendor(s)?

Off the back...
    I just got my Light-Bicycle wheels yesterday, so I can only say that they were very securely packaged and round/true out of the box. The rims are clean, smooth and without visible oddities. Time will tell as to how well they hold up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwestbiker View Post
    The thought of going carbon for not much more than some crests/arches or even havens has me intrigued.
    Looking at the ebay offerings and the others like light bicycle has my head spinning.
    Other than some price differences. What has prompted other buyers to go with or avoid a certain vendor(s)?
    I would actually recommend checking out aliexpress.com. the reason is that most of these Chinese suppliers offer a warranty for 1-2 years on their products. price is comparable to ebay but you also get a warranty. you could also try looking at velobuild.com as this is a forum dedicated to buying Chinese carbon parts. I think about 90% of the site deals with road bikes, but you can find MTB suggestions and recommended suppliers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I had bought several carbon items from both Taiwan & China but one company stood out for me. Carbonal Composites. They were horrendous to deal with. First one was sent wrongly but I had to pay from my own pocket to ship it back to them. Second one came with deep scratches and obviously they denied. Some months later, rim had severe wrinkle issues at the valve eyelet. Took repeated emails to chase them before getting a warranty replacement. To be fair to them, the 3rd piece looks like an absolute gem in terms of quality (It should have been like this from the first order!). Let's hope this one does not give me any problems.