mtbr member
    May 2011

Butcher control, where to buy? or open to suggestions

i cant find them anywhere, anyone know where to get some?

riding in southern california, lot of jumps and drops and things like that, a few tock gardens thrown in, but not too many rocks. Hoping just the butcher control will hold up for 6 to 8 weeks a time without blowing up before I have to replace them?

any comparable tires at similar weight?

I have maxxis minion DH II on bike at the moment but since mammoth is closed its a bit of overkill for local riding, looking to save weight for the ups.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    anyone tried continental trail king vs butcher?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Pm inbound

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    i cant find them anywhere, anyone know where to get some?

riding in southern california, lot of jumps and drops and things like that, a few tock gardens thrown in, but not too many rocks. Hoping just the butcher control will hold up for 6 to 8 weeks a time without blowing up before I have to replace them?

any comparable tires at similar weight?

I have maxxis minion DH II on bike at the moment but since mammoth is closed its a bit of overkill for local riding, looking to save weight for the ups.
    Did you try a shop that carries Specialized?

Look around, loads of reviews on this tire. It gets pretty high marks as a front tire. For it's weight (mine is around 775 g), I think it is pretty hard to beat. The control version is light, and the weight has to come from somewhere, so don't expect bombproof sidewalls.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    They are currently out of stock at Specializeds website but I have had good luck ordering specialized tires straight from them Specialized Bicycle Components
    The Good Times are Killing me