20 years in the woods
    Feb 2008

Bontrager XR0...?

Hey
    In my neverending search for the perfect tire,I came across the new Bontrager XR0's,claimed weight is 400gr for the 1.9 and 440gr for the 2.1,which is nice.
    I've seen a bike with these in a race early this year,but failed to get a opinion from the rider,I'm thinking of using the 2.1 in the rear,to go with my Rocket Ron up front,for some summer marathons races.
    So anyone here has used the XR0's?
    Durability,flat resistance,grip...?
    Thanks!
    Gajas what?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I saw those and have been looking around for some kind of input as to how they ride. Post up if you find out. Looked interesting.
    ... And I Am You,
    And What I See Is Me!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    GAry-FIsher team subaru uses them on their 29ers. Known as 29-0. Front or rear use depending on terrain.

jsg
    desk jockey
    they are tiny. Saw some on a GF Superfly 100. Too tiny.

Mudder
    I know someone who has the 2.1. they LOVE them, very supple, they look awesome, haven't heard anything about them being tubeless yet but the GF team uses them tubeless....

Formerly of Kent
    Running an XR0 in the back on my Anthem X. Fastest tire I've used yet. The 2.1 is a true 2.1; measured out at 53mm+.

Great traction in the dry and tacky, haven't been out with it in the mud, nor do I plan on it.

Mudder
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke
    Running an XR0 in the back on my Anthem X. Fastest tire I've used yet. The 2.1 is a true 2.1; measured out at 53mm+.

Great traction in the dry and tacky, haven't been out with it in the mud, nor do I plan on it.
    Do you have them setup tubeless? or does anyone for that matter?

Formerly of Kent
    Yep. Set up on NoTubes Crest 26" rims.

Extremely easy, and no leaks, bubbles, or anything like you get with some other brands, like Conti.

mtbr member
    Sounds like they set-up very easy tubeless - nice! Has anyone else used these tires so far this year? I have my eye on the 29er version. Curious.

Mudder
    Quote Originally Posted by single speed kid
    Sounds like they set-up very easy tubeless - nice! Has anyone else used these tires so far this year? I have my eye on the 29er version. Curious.
    I will give you a ride repot within the next couple of days for the 29er version...........