mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Good job! Bontrager H2 (26 x 2.0) - Excellent Tires

Anyone try these tires yet: http://store.trekbikes.com/jump.jsp?...ProductID=2042

I'm assuming they're fairly new, since I couldn't find any reviews on them and my LBS said they just got them in last month.

I got them for my 600HT and they are NICE. Very light and handle very well on wet pavement... Anyway, I just thought I'd post this in case someone came across it while searching for them on Google (or here). Probably the best semi-slick tire I've ever bought. And for $20-$25 they can't be beat.

(Is there a way to write an actual review if the product isn't listed yet?)

I Have Cookies
    what is their puncture resistance?? I do alot of urban commutting and those look good!
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ae111black
    what is their puncture resistance?? I do alot of urban commutting and those look good!
    I haven't put enough miles on them yet to really say... but I do ride through a construction zone everyday with lots of nails/glass/wood all over the place. So far they seem like they can take a beating.

I got them because a guy at the LBS talked me into it (not an employee). He bought them about 3 weeks ago and has about 500 miles on them... he was running on Continental Town and Country tires, but says he'll never go back now. Oh, and I bought their last pair... I was told they had about 20 of them in stock two weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Don't last very long

I used to use the Bontrager Satellite hard case but got these H2 hard case as the LBS said they were a replacement for the Satellites. I put it on the front of my commute bike which does 20 miles a day, all weather on a mix of road and trail. I'd expect the fronts to last over 4000 miles, however the H2 delaminated after only 2800 miles. The tread completely peeled off from the carcass over about a third of the circumference. Never known that happen before on a tyre. It looks like the grooves in the tread are cut too deep as the delamination started in the bottom of a tread groove.
    Bottom line - avoid

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by simonchetwynd
    I used to use the Bontrager Satellite hard case but got these H2 hard case as the LBS said they were a replacement for the Satellites. I put it on the front of my commute bike which does 20 miles a day, all weather on a mix of road and trail. I'd expect the fronts to last over 4000 miles, however the H2 delaminated after only 2800 miles. The tread completely peeled off from the carcass over about a third of the circumference. Never known that happen before on a tyre. It looks like the grooves in the tread are cut too deep as the delamination started in the bottom of a tread groove.
    Bottom line - avoid
    I'm still rockin' the original tires from my first post and haven't had any problems at all. Have at *least* 3k miles on them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I just bought a set. Im going to use them for bike path riding when I am forced to ride with the wife and such. I do not care how long they last, but I want to know how aggressive I can get with them.