mtbr member

Bontrager Expert 29-2 Tubeless??

Decided it was time for a new set of tires and after doing a fair amount of research decided to give the new Bontrager 29-2 tires a try. Have had Bontragers before and hated them , but as of late they seem to be getting some great reviews. Anyhow went down to pick up a set and all the LBS had was the expert version. I mentioned I planned on running them tubeless and could not see anything on the package that stated they could be run tubeless. He stated they have set up several of the expert with no issues. I've not been able to find much info on line in regards to this so before I make a mess with sealant I was hoping to find someone that has make the conversion , good or bad?

mtbr member
    Well, being there's not a lot of info out there I'll share my experience. I purchased two of the Expert (non UST) tires and attempted to mount them up on my BWW wheel set with Stanís rim strips installed. First tire mounted up and took air with no issues. Matter of fact I let it sit over night with no sealant and it held air perfectly. 2nd tire did not go so well. I could clearly see right out of the gate that the tire was a bit larger than the 1st one as it slipped right on the rim. As expected there was no way I was going to be able to get the tire to seat up. Even tried the compressor with no luck. So with that I'm assuming the Team Issue must run at a tighter tolerance in the diameter dept?? Not sure just and observation, or I simply could have gotten a bad tire.