Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

Black Chili in new Trail Kings 2.2?

Does anyone know if the trail king 2.2 coming with black chili? I still haven't decided on the TK/RQ or the Ardent 2.25 and this will weigh on that decision. If any opinion between the two it will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Drth Vadr; 03-30-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

g3h6o3
    Mmmmmmm chili!

Edit : Answer from Conti's site : "Rubber Queen 2.2: 3 plies / total 180 tpi / foldable / Black Chili Compound / Handmade in Germany"
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    In the Race Kings, the Black Chili makes all the difference..they feel like Velcro !

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Ardent 2.25 would be a world a part from a 2.2 trail/rubber queen even without black chilli. I've got Geax Seguaro which has better cornering grip than the Ardent, and the Seguaro is certainly no All Mountain tire like the trail/rubber queen.

Dirt Deviant
    The only RQ/TK available in the USA with black chili is the 2.4.
    No 2.2 black chili.
    I believe they have them across the pond though.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drth Vadr
    Does anyone know if the trail king 2.2 coming with black chili? I still haven't decided on the TK/RQ or the Ardent 2.25 and this will weigh on that decision. If any opinion between the two it will be much appreciated.
    The standard TK 2.2 is Black Chilli, The UST/Tubeless TK 2.2 is not.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The standard TK 2.2 is Black Chilli, The UST/Tubeless TK 2.2 is not.
    Darn, it looks like I'll be waiting even longer to try the Trail King/Rubber Queen. As soon as they make a 2.2 UST or tubeless ready with Black Chili, I'll buy a pair.

There is talk the 2.2 UST may be Black Chilli soon. Now they just need to put a hot stamp on the sidewall so we can tell which are which.
    mtbtires.com

Dirt Deviant
    I recently talked with someone from Conti, and they told me there was no 2.2 TK in the USA in Chili.......hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    I recently talked with someone from Conti, and they told me there was no 2.2 TK in the USA in Chili.......hmmmm
    I have RQ 2.2 w/BC. Double checking on the current TK status.
    mtbtires.com

CHOP!
    Double checking on the current TK status.
    ...Interested in this...

Black Chili in the 2.2 UST would be pretty much amazing...
    It's not where it's made but how it's made.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    Thinking of Rubber Queen up front and MK out back. Running rim-strips for tubeless set up (traversee) which versions would be successful with Stans?

Religion = Non-thinking
    My lbs spoke to their conti rep in the us and confirmed the regular 2.2 TK has black chili
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    To end all the speculation about black chilli on these tires ,just bypass the RQ/TK 2.2 and go straight for a Nobby Nic 2.4 Triple nano compound for the terrain you are talking about. As big as the 2.4 RQ/TK as light or lighter than the RQ/TK 2.2, even with snakeskin sidewall protection, better ride with the bigger volume[ it's huge] , better rolling resistance[ very quick for a big tire],probably better grip and cheaper. What more can you ask for!
    Going by those stats I'm not sure the RQ/TQ deserves all the latest attention it is getting on this forum.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...-nic-24in-9271

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Now they just need to put a hot stamp on the sidewall so we can tell which are which.
    That's what I'm talkin about.

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz
    To end all the speculation about black chilli on these tires ,just bypass the RQ/TK 2.2 and go straight for a Nobby Nic 2.4 Triple nano compound for the terrain you are talking about. As big as the 2.4 RQ/TK as light or lighter than the RQ/TK 2.2, even with snakeskin sidewall protection, better ride with the bigger volume[ it's huge] , better rolling resistance[ very quick for a big tire],probably better grip and cheaper. What more can you ask for!
    Going by those stats I'm not sure the RQ/TQ deserves all the latest attention it is getting on this forum.

where can u get the schwalbe tire cheaper than $45?
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    That's a good price if you can get rubber queens with black chilli for $45. I have got Nobby Nic 2.4 evo snakeskin from across the ditch at wiggle Uk for $48. Buy two and you get frree shipping.

In Germany this is how the prices stack up.
    rubber queen 2.2 folding black chilli $58
    rubber queen 2.2 UST no black chilli $44
    MK 2.4 protection black chilli $48
    MK 2.4 supersonic black chilli $42.25
    RK 2.2 supersonic black chilli $44
    nobby nic 2.4 triple Nano $48

So $45 does sound cheap in comparison, unless the new Trail kings for the USA market are a std folding Indian made one and they are now using black chilli?

mtbr member

Did you read the downsides in that article?

I prefer the RQ to the NN. The NN wear too fast, don't grip as well as the RQ for me and the sidewalls are too thin.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crank1979@optusnet.com.au
    Did you read the downsides in that article?

I prefer the RQ to the NN. The NN wear too fast, don't grip as well as the RQ for me and the sidewalls are too thin.
    I suspect both tires are pitched at different markets. The RQ 2.2 is all mountain/trail crossover little brother of downhill/all mountain RQ2.4. The NN 2.4 is XC tire on steroids for the xc/ trail crossover. So when used as intended the NN 2.4 lasts ok. I don't care anyway as it just comes out of the beer budget. It's all entertainment, drinking or riding

The 2.4 NN is only available in snakeskin so sidewall damage is now limited. I've got black chilli tires and they also wear very quickly. I suspect the RG in black chilli being similar? The RQ does have longer ridge style knobs so I suspect will not tear or wear as easily as NN smaller block style knobs?

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004

I would want to see measurements to believe the NN 2.4 is as big as a RQ 2.4. The RQ 2.4 casing is MASSIVE.

In regards to Black Chili vs Triple-Nano, I have used tires with both triple-nano compound, and IMO, Black Chili is better. Better grip on wet surfaces. I have three Black Chili tires (RQ 2.4, RK 2.2 SS, MK 2.4 Prot) and so far I find that they stick like a soft tire, but wear like hard ones. After about 12 or so, my RQ still has all of its "whiskers", even on the center tread. Granted, it is on the front, but that is still pretty durable rubber to do that. My MK 2.4 protection has about 9 months in the rear and is wearing as well as any tire I've ever owned on the rear.

Also, similar to the Big Betty, you can run the RQ at very low pressure without it rolling/folding in turns, due to the thickened sidewall near the bead. The Big Betty is similar in this respect.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    trail kings 2.2 black chili will exist. I saw in some forums that they showed them at taipei bike show...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta
    I would want to see measurements to believe the NN 2.4 is as big as a RQ 2.4. The RQ 2.4 casing is MASSIVE.

In regards to Black Chili vs Triple-Nano, I have used tires with both triple-nano compound, and IMO, Black Chili is better. Better grip on wet surfaces. I have three Black Chili tires (RQ 2.4, RK 2.2 SS, MK 2.4 Prot) and so far I find that they stick like a soft tire, but wear like hard ones. After about 12 or so, my RQ still has all of its "whiskers", even on the center tread. Granted, it is on the front, but that is still pretty durable rubber to do that. My MK 2.4 protection has about 9 months in the rear and is wearing as well as any tire I've ever owned on the rear.

Also, similar to the Big Betty, you can run the RQ at very low pressure without it rolling/folding in turns, due to the thickened sidewall near the bead. The Big Betty is similar in this respect.
    NN 2.4 stretched overnight at 40 psi casing width 59mm tread 60mm. Give it time to stretch it will be over 60 mm.

MK supersaonics after 2 rides centre knob ridges worn smooth. NN still look prestine?. I think Black chilli gives someting like 5 to 10% more life than normal soft compound according to continental. Not ground breaking and not the same as hard compound. NN uses dual compounds[harder in the centre] it appears that continental do not vary black chilli compound across the tire? They do however change balck chilli across tire range. MK may be designed for soft conditions so may have one of their softest compound black chillis?
    Last edited by gvs_nz; 03-28-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    MK supersaonics after 2 rides centre knob ridges worn smooth. NN still look prestine?. I think Black chilli gives someting like 5 to 10% more life than normal soft compound according to continental. Not ground breaking and not the same as hard compound. NN uses dual compounds[harder in the centre] it appears that continental do not vary black chilli compound across the tire? They do however change balck chilli across tire range. MK may be designed for soft conditions so may have one of their softest compound black chillis?
    Mountain King 2.4 Protection after about 9 months of rear use: I cannot remember the last time a tire still looked this good after 9 months on the rear. Most are about done at this point.

Rubber Queen after around 12 rides, still got the whiskers:

Race King 2.2 SS after about four months of rear use (maybe 20 rides). They still have the little ridges around each center knob.

I have a very hard time believing anyone could call any of these fast wearing. The MK and RK have both held up at least as well as any tire I have run in the back.
    Last edited by kapusta; 03-28-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    NN 2.4 stretched overnight at 40 psi casing width 59mm tread 60mm. Give it time to stretch it will be over 60 mm.

No, they do not vary the compound across the tire, because they do not need to. My photos above show why. They absolutely wear as long as hard tires. You get that sort of longer wear, but the benefit of a tire that is NOT hard in the middle, and superior wet traction is a result, without the wear of typical softer tires. I do think they vary it from model to model, however. I think the RQ is softer than the others.

I've used triple nano-compound, (Fat albert) and I am not too impressed. Not bad, but just another dual tread as far as I was concerned.

Also, my RQ measures 61mm at the casing with 21mm (inner diameter) rims, and I am having a hard time the NN measures 60mm at the casing with similar rims unless it is sporting some seriously tissue paper thin sidewalls at the weight you are talking about.
    Last edited by kapusta; 03-28-2010 at 07:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Mountain King 2.4 Protection after about 9 months of rear use:

Rubber Queen after around 12 rides, still got the whiskers:

Race King 2.2 SS after about four months of rear use (maybe 20 rides). They still have the little ridges around each center knob.

I have a very hard time believing anyone could call any of these fast wearing.
    I beg to differ wrt to the Mountain kings. Absolutely the worst tires i had ever used. Knobs fell off after 2 rides. zero pinch flat protection. thin sidewalls. bad grip.

the rubber queens i have are awesome stuff. like what u said

Dirt Deviant
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhanney
    I beg to differ wrt to the Mountain kings. Absolutely the worst tires i had ever used. Knobs fell off after 2 rides. zero pinch flat protection. thin sidewalls. bad grip.

Which version Mountain King did you try?
    Was it the Protection? Wire Bead? Regular Folding? UST?
    This makes a huge difference.
    I ran a wire bead set just to try out the tread pattern before commiting to buying the protections. They were absolute garbage. But I love my Protections.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    No, they do not vary the compound across the tire, because they do not need to. My photos above show why. They absolutely wear as long as hard tires. You get that sort of longer wear, but the benefit of a tire that is NOT hard in the middle, and superior wet traction is a result, without the wear of typical softer tires. I do think they vary it from model to model, however. I think the RQ is softer than the others.

I've used triple nano-compound, (Fat albert) and I am not too impressed. Not bad, but just another dual tread as far as I was concerned.

Also, my RQ measures 61mm at the casing with 21mm (inner diameter) rims, and I am having a hard time the NN measures 60mm at the casing with similar rims unless it is sporting some seriously tissue paper thin sidewalls at the weight you are talking about.

Original post is for xc trail type tires not down hill. I have no experience with triple nano when used for all mountain/downhill. Continental website says black chilli varies from model to model. My Mountain king 2.4 supersonic looks like that after 2 rides on the front wheel so maybe the protection has a harder compound than supersonic as it is targeted at all mountain use?

Here's the press release from Conti. Black chilli gives 5% increased tire life.
    http://www.conti-online.com/generato...kchili_en.html

NN 2.4 is 59mm across the casing. Calipers don't lie. Measured on DT swiss 5.1D rims[28mm]. I measure all my tires at 40 psi. Reduces to 57mm at 25psi. Haven't got a RQ to compare with but i have race kings and like the race king, the RQ 2.4 could be a much higher profile tire than the NN ? This gives illusion that it is wider than it is ?

Schwalbe have broken the mould on their latest incarnation of their 2.4 xc/ trail tires. They actually measure true to size unlike their smaller sizes. I have a racing ralph 2.4 and it measures 58/61mm and actually has reasonable edge grip for general use at that size.

Not saying triple nano is anything special. But black chilli is not the magic bullet. I've got a wire bead Barro mountain which i've been trying to kill all season and it is hardly showing any wear at all[ less than the mountain king] and i have been using it on the back. it is geax sticky soft compound which grips wet tree roots very well.It was a $10 bargain bin tire. Tread shape and spacing has a lot to do with grip and tread life.
    Last edited by gvs_nz; 03-29-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    Which version Mountain King did you try?
    Was it the Protection? Wire Bead? Regular Folding? UST?
    This makes a huge difference.
    I ran a wire bead set just to try out the tread pattern before commiting to buying the protections. They were absolute garbage. But I love my Protections.
    Yeah, I've got the standard folding version on my 29er, and it is a pretty mediocre tire, and wears pretty fast. Nothing at all like the Black Chili Protection pictured above.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Original post is for xc trail type tires not down hill. I have no experience with triple nano when used for all mountain/downhill. Continental website says black chilli varies from model to model. My Mountain king 2.4 supersonic looks like that after 2 rides on the front wheel so maybe the protection has a harder compound than supersonic as it is targeted at all mountain use?

Here's the press release from Conti. Black chilli gives 5% increased tire life.
    http://www.conti-online.com/generato...kchili_en.html

NN 2.4 is 59mm across the casing. Calipers don't lie. Measured on DT swiss 5.1D rims[28mm]. I measure all my tires at 40 psi. Reduces to 57mm at 25psi. Haven't got a RQ to compare with but i have race kings and like the race king, the RQ 2.4 could be a much higher profile tire than the NN ? This gives illusion that it is wider than it is ?

Schwalbe have broken the mould on their latest incarnation of their 2.4 xc/ trail tires. They actually measure true to size unlike their smaller sizes. I have a racing ralph 2.4 and it measures 58/61mm and actually has reasonable edge grip for general use at that size.

Not saying triple nano is anything special. But black chilli is not the magic bullet. I've got a wire bead Barro mountain which i've been trying to kill all season and it is hardly showing any wear at all[ less than the mountain king] and i have been using it on the back. it is geax sticky soft compound which grips wet tree roots very well.It was a $10 bargain bin tire. Tread shape and spacing has a lot to do with grip and tread life.
    Where did the OP specify xc, rather than AM use?

I checked that link, and I think you are missing the point. They don't say 5% more than soft tires, they are not really specifying what they are comparing it to. I think the point they are making is that it is softer AND more long lasting than standard compounds, which in my experience owning three BC tires is a very legit claim, and IS actually a pretty significant development in tread material in mtb tires. Magic Bullet? Well that is a bit dramatic, but it is very significant.

I cannot explain your experience with the MK SS, but something sounds a little fishy to me in the claim that it looks like my Protection version above after only 2 rides on the front. If it were a standard (non-bc) I could possibly believe that (those are pretty bad), but I have to be honest, I'm really not believing this claim. To address speculation on its intended use, the SS is definitely NOT intended for the AM market.

No offense to Geax, but I am very suspicious of the claim that a soft rubber compound run on the rear for a full season (if by "season" you mean riding year) is hardly showing any wear.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    I run a RQ/TK 2.4 on the front right now, and use an Ardent 2.25 on the rear last summer / fall.

Black Chili questions aside, these are pretty different tires. The Ardent (the 2.25, at least) is a fast rolling tire that corners really well, but it gives up a bit of drive and braking traction for that low rolling resistance. Also, I find that sparse intermediate zone can sometimes get me off-guard on wet surfaces, with the tire kicking out sideways when hitting some off-angle roots or rocks. A concern with any tire, but I notice it with the Ardent more. This is not that big an issue to me on the rear, but it has me leery about running it in the front. I think the sparse intermediate zone is what lets the side knob bite really well when leaned over. Overall, I think it is a really good rear tire in the drier months, and will likely be going back to it a month or so. It wears really well, too. My only complaint is that the tread is too hard, overall. It would be great to have that in a dual tread compound, with just the center tread being hard rubber.

Also, the Ardent is a bit thinner in the casing, at least compared to the RQ/TK 2.4. Could be a good thing or bad, depending on if you are looking for toughness or durability.

If you are able to get the RQ/TK 2.2 in black chili, it will positively spank the ardent on any wet surfaces.

I don't have the 2.2 RQ/TK, but from what I gather, it is a very similar tread to the 2.4, which would tell me it is slower rolling, but have pretty good drive and braking grip. I can't speak for the cornering, as that could well be different in different sizes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've tried the Ardent and sold it after a couple of rides. Scary in the front with anything but a ight coating of soft over hard and didn't roll that well either .I've got 2.1 tires which corner much better and have amuch more compliant ride.It was ok on the back as the por edge edge grip you could weight shift on the pedals and make the rear end step out for tight corners. I try a ot of tires and it didn't kae the grade so I sold it. I didn't like the captain but it was a better tire for the same weight.

Dirt Deviant

I don't have the 2.2 RQ/TK, but from what I gather, it is a very similar tread to the 2.4, which would tell me it is slower rolling, but have pretty good drive and braking grip. I can't speak for the cornering, as that could well be different in different sizes.
    I haven't tried the Ardent before, but I did run a set of RQ 2.2 UST for a bit.
    It is absolutely amazing with drive and braking traction.
    Cornering traction is very predictable, as well as it's breaking point.
    We have alot of chunky rock sections that lead into baby head rock gardens. Alot of them seem to be leading into turns. The RQ is a joy to have on the bike when hitting this stuff at speed.
    My first run on them I must have hit several 2 wheel drifts through these rocky, wide switchback turns and never felt like I didn't have control, which is great to have such a controlled feel on a set of tires that I'd never tried before.

So far I'm sold on the MK 2.4 Protections as I have run them from the end of last summer until now.
    They seem to do great in all the conditions I have run them in.
    From loamy damp forest littered with off camber moss covered roots and rocks, to sandstone outcroppings, deep sand where my nevegals used to completely give out, chunky clay, hardpack, deep mucky mud, river crossings with lots of slippery rocks. I haven't really found a condition where they don't do well. Even over wet leaves and pine needles. The only thing that get me with the MK is 1 section on our regular ride which is really steep and narrow, with large marble sized rocks. Braking can be a bit scarry coming down this 42 percent grade as things dry out.

I am switching over to the 2.2 TK from here through the end of summer. As it gets drier and the dirt gets more powdery, I think the TK will hold on a bit better braking down really steep sections.
    I also got a set of TK 2.4 for Downieville and Northstar visits this summer.

1 thing I noticed about the MK, is it's performance is very dependant on PSI. The lower the better.
    I found the sweet spot for me is about 25-28psi front and 28-30 rear.
    I was pushing my front as low as 22psi this weekend and rolled the tire twice and ate $hit........hahaha

The TK seems much less sensetive to pressure. I run those closer to 30f 35r

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    THe 2.25 Ardent was narrow with tread width at only 2.15.The 2.4 Ardent seems to get better press.As in most brands there is usually a jump in tread size for the 2.4's. Better comparison and possible match for the 2.2 RQ. Both OTT for normal xc trail riding IMO. But I come from a xc race background and are used to slipping and sliding on minimalist rubber.

mtbr member
    So does anybody know where I can get a pair of 2.2 RQ or TK black chilli's online?

err, 27.5+
    Quote Originally Posted by mnster
    So does anybody know where I can get a pair of 2.2 RQ or TK black chilli's online?
    BikeBling and a good price to boot

Several others, just google or bing to find others. BB's price will be hard to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    TraiK king
    Please to correct the title of the topic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    BikeBling and a good price to boot.

I just ordered a 2.2 RQ from them. I called to make sure it was black chili and they said it was. I'll let you guys know when I get it. That price is awfully low

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    check when you get them that they are made in Germany. If not , then it isn't black chilli.

mtbr member
    check when you get them that they are made in Germany. If not , then it isn't black chilli.
    Thanks for the info. I am already aware of this. I found out about it when I ordered my MKs last year

mtbr member
    I run a RQ/TK 2.4 on the front right now, and use an Ardent 2.25 on the rear last summer / fall.

Black Chili questions aside, these are pretty different tires. The Ardent (the 2.25, at least) is a fast rolling tire that corners really well, but it gives up a bit of drive and braking traction for that low rolling resistance. Also, I find that sparse intermediate zone can sometimes get me off-guard on wet surfaces, with the tire kicking out sideways when hitting some off-angle roots or rocks. A concern with any tire, but I notice it with the Ardent more. This is not that big an issue to me on the rear, but it has me leery about running it in the front. I think the sparse intermediate zone is what lets the side knob bite really well when leaned over. Overall, I think it is a really good rear tire in the drier months, and will likely be going back to it a month or so. It wears really well, too. My only complaint is that the tread is too hard, overall. It would be great to have that in a dual tread compound, with just the center tread being hard rubber.

Also, the Ardent is a bit thinner in the casing, at least compared to the RQ/TK 2.4. Could be a good thing or bad, depending on if you are looking for toughness or durability.

If you are able to get the RQ/TK 2.2 in black chili, it will positively spank the ardent on any wet surfaces.

Thanks for the comparison. I was looking at the Adrent solely as a summer tire that rolled fast. and was soft. Looks like I'll still be looking.
    I'm almost positive that Continental made two limited RQ UST 2.2 in chili. First was a pink tread for breast cancer awareness and later in red.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    BikeBling and a good price to boot

Several others, just google or bing to find others. BB's price will be hard to beat.
    Thanks, I swear I've been looking for them the last 5 months using every search engine imaginable. Nobody had the 2.2's in stock. But, just ordered a set today FYI the REALDEAL coupon code gets you 10% off as well.

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    Just got my 2.2 TK's from BikeBling that I ordered months ago. Yes, there is plenty black chilli to go around. Excellent tires. Definitely worlds apart from the Nevegal...

mtbr member
    Can anyone comment on a comparison with these RQ/TK 2.2 blackchili with the Excavators in terms of rolling resistance and grip ? Sir Shiggy, I know you've ridden these two..

Ouroboros.. you mention "worlds apart".. in terms of what ? Rolls faster than the Nevegal and provides as much or better grip ? More volume ?

Dirt Deviant
    Well, we got the TK 2.2 in at work today, and they DO have Black Chili...........Ahh, I love the smell of fresh Contis.....= )

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ridetheridge
    Can anyone comment on a comparison with these RQ/TK 2.2 blackchili with the Excavators in terms of rolling resistance and grip ? Sir Shiggy, I know you've ridden these two..

Ouroboros.. you mention "worlds apart".. in terms of what ? Rolls faster than the Nevegal and provides as much or better grip ? More volume ?
    Yeah, roll resistance is a lot lower. Don't have a lot of experience with high end tires. Nevegals and Moto raptors are all I really have to compare to, but these are definitely my best tire to date. Tread width is the same as my moto raptor, but the casing is huge. Lots of volume. These look more like 2.3, 2.4 tires. Took a brief ride in the rain over some roots, berms, etc and I was pleased. Looking forward to my first real ride on them this weekend.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    Have a set of RQ 2.2 coming this morning, trouble is wont be able to get out on them because of night shifts. Been a long time since I got excited about a set of tires (apart from Vittoria Pave).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhanney

WUT?? Do you ride on sandpaper. The MK's are one the favorite tires in our group. Very good grip and they wear fine.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    WUT?? Do you ride on sandpaper. The MK's are one the favorite tires in our group. Very good grip and they wear fine.
    he probably got 1 flat, and had a bad experience. single instances dont tell anything,
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Mine came in today. 766grams yikes so much for the stated 650grams. Volume wise they are a little smaller then my 2.4 Mutano Raptors. Tire looks rather tall and narrow and measured a little under 2.2 wide with the caliper. Time will tell how they work.

mtbr member
    Just got my 2.2 TK from Bikebling and they are indeed Black Chili. The order says "rubber queen" denoting the old name, but my TK is def BC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast