Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by 29erchico View Post
    Thank you. I'm the guy that was lobbying you to put the ADvantage tread on the 2.4 Ardent casing at the 2010 Sea Otter Classic. Very stoked to hear that there will be both trail and DH versions.
    This would sweet! I love the ADvantage on my 26er bike, that and I ride the same trails the AD rides so the tire makes since to use where she tested it

rider
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by modifier View Post
    Really. What, were you living in Crested Butte or something? Friends with Wes Williams?

I'm assuming you didn't go to 24 or 20".
    My first 29er was a '03 Fisher Paragon. Bought it in May '03 after lusting after a 29er for a couple of years. Not like I was a very early adopter. I was the second person in Chico to have one. Chico is pretty bike geeky, just not as famous for it as Crested Butte.
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

mtbr member
    My first 29er was a '03 Fisher Paragon. Bought it in May '03 after lusting after a 29er for a couple of years. Not like I was a very early adopter. I was the second person in Chico to have one. Chico is pretty bike geeky, just not as famous for it as Crested Butte.
    Well you were still pretty far ahead of the curve.

Gary Fisher Paragon 29er | Dirt Rag Magazine

I wasn't aware they had become somewhat mainstream by that date. I'm so died in the wool FS and a tire geek so I didn't really start paying much attention until there was a pretty good selection of both.

Sucks that almost all the links to old articles about Fisher are now either no good or redirected to Trek's website. Sorry to be negative but that's a good enough reason to stay away from both in my book. Too corporate. Support independents.
    No it never stops hurting, but if you keep at it you can go faster.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yes, there was, I liked it a lot as a front tire given the fact that it was not very high volume. It handled very well in lots of the "out West conditions". I rode it all over California and plenty in Colorado and South West Utah. If the Stout had been made a bit bigger it would have been an amazing tire.
    You can still find the 29er Stout for sale online here and there. I have one out in the garage waiting to be mounted. I'm not sure if I should try the tire tubeless on my Flow rims. Did you ever run the stout tubeless, and on what rims?

rider
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    You can still find the 29er Stout for sale online here and there. I have one out in the garage waiting to be mounted. I'm not sure if I should try the tire tubeless on my Flow rims. Did you ever run the stout tubeless, and on what rims?
    Never tubeless. Ran on a Kris Holm unicycle rims. The 38mm wide rim did help the volume of the tire. Not interested in finding any old Stouts. I have Dissents, Kodiaks, Ardent 2.4's. Rampages and the Cedric Gracia XC CG 2.25's currently in my tire pile. All are new but the Kodiaks. I think I'm good until the trail and DH Minions become available.
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    Only problem I've heard of is that the made-in-China versions that Performance was selling were prone to blisters in the tread when run tubeless

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    New Syncros FLavor 2.25 are slightly wider than RaRa 2.4 !

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Never tubeless. Ran on a Kris Holm unicycle rims. The 38mm wide rim did help the volume of the tire. Not interested in finding any old Stouts. I have Dissents, Kodiaks, Ardent 2.4's. Rampages and the Cedric Gracia XC CG 2.25's currently in my tire pile. All are new but the Kodiaks. I think I'm good until the trail and DH Minions become available.
    Thanks to you and Boomn for the info. on the Stout. Tubeless is probably out as an option then. I didn't figure you were interested in the Stout, but I did think the poster who brought the tire up might want to know that the discontinued tire could still be found.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bholwell View Post
    I decided to make the 29er Minion DHF a true 2.5" wide (whereas the 26" version is closer to a 2.4). The volume of the Minion DHF 29x2.5 should be the same as the Ardent 29x2.4 (same width casing), but since the tread is taller on the DHF, the tire will measure taller and wider.
    Sort of off topic, but any chance we'll see a higher volume crossmark (2.2-2.3) w/EXO, EXC, and 3C for 2012? I'll buy a pair as soon as they're available if so.

Big Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by jadis3 View Post
    New Syncros FLavor 2.25 are slightly wider than RaRa 2.4 !

Pictures?
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2