Dirty Monkey

Biggest 29 tire, by volume?

Yes, I searched several sites, including the guru Shiggy's, but the 29 tire market is new enough there isn't a lot out there on them. I'm running Specialized Resolutions in a 2.3. Any familiarity with the new Conti Mountain King 2.4? Is it truly bigger? OR what is the biggest volume 29 tire? Made the mistake of using the rigid fork when I built my EL Mariachi, sold (doh!) my Reba, now paying the price. More volume = more cushion?
    [SIZE="3"]"May The Schwartz Be With You!"[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    2.4 Racing Ralph. 2.35 Rampage.. 2.55 Weirwolf LT.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtluvraz
    Yes, I searched several sites, including the guru Shiggy's, but the 29 tire market is new enough there isn't a lot out there on them. I'm running Specialized Resolutions in a 2.3. Any familiarity with the new Conti Mountain King 2.4? Is it truly bigger? OR what is the biggest volume 29 tire? Made the mistake of using the rigid fork when I built my EL Mariachi, sold (doh!) my Reba, now paying the price. More volume = more cushion?
    I do have the Mountain King 2.4 and it is slightly lower volume than the Rampage and Nevegal. The Weirwolf 2.55 is probably the highest volume 29er currently available though it also has one of the shallowest treads.

(my site is in the midst of a technical redesign and will be completely updated in the next few weeks.)
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    I do have the Mountain King 2.4 and it is slightly lower volume than the Rampage and Nevegal. The Weirwolf 2.55 is probably the highest volume 29er currently available though it also has one of the shallowest treads.

(my site is in the midst of a technical redesign and will be completely updated in the next few weeks.)
    Weirwolf or perhaps (only a perhaps) the Stout. Have you seen this thang? Huuge! But since both are from WTB I'd guess the WW.