mtbr member
    Aug 2008

The Bicycle Wheel Warehouse experience

Who else has purchased from BWW? I finally tried BWW hoping for an experience similar to what I have with Jenson and Pricepoint, prompt and quick.

Sadly it was not.

I recently (4/23) placed an order or a wheelset from them. I did not get a confirmation from them until today (4/29). That's a week just to get confirmation!

I have bought stuff from across the continent (Jenson) before and get my purchases within a week or less using regular shipping.

Are they always this slow?

So far this experience has left a foul after taste.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not knowing what wheels t you bought, their wheels many time custom built to order, not sitting around in stock like Jenson. I ordered a set from the a few months ago, & it took about 2 weeks, the wheels are great, smooth spinning, perfectly true & light.
    I did email & talk w/ them and I am very happy with the wheels.
    Wait, you'll be very satisfied w/ the wheels.

JimPz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulated_conundrum
    Are they always this slow?
    Seems like it.

No one else has prices like them for some items.. so your choices are really to wait, or pay a lot more.

Class Clown
    You ordered them on a Saturday, they are custom/hand built, and it's the beginning of the nice weather for alot of us (alot of people buying new bike stuff right now). Have some patience.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    It was one of their clearance sets hence I was hoping it to be quicker since it was not one of their custom builds. Being in clearance I was expecting that they would have this things ready to go as soon as someone bats an eye o them.

Given that it was indeed ordered on a Saturday but it did take them 3 business days to acknowledge my order. But that's not my gripe. It is what was written in the receipt.

This is what they said:
    "The transaction was successful and we will ship your goods at the first possible opportunity (if applicable)." !?! Parenthesis are their's, the color is mine to emphasize

I guess that means more thumb twiddling time, either that or I am just reading too much into that message.

Anyways, if I was a patient man I would have dealt with my LBS where they would charge me for twice the cost of the purchase and will take them 3 weeks to build during this season (but that's another can of worms), but I am impatient hence I chose to eShop.

So sorry if this turned into a rant, but what you said in your replies pretty much sums up the situation. Just to be clear I really don't have anything serious against BWW being that this is my first purchase from them.

mtbr member
    If you search, theres been a lot of threads just like this. 9/10 times, when the wheels show up the people are happy.

Im impatient. I hate waiting, I totally understand your frustration.. but they'll come through and you'll probably be happy in the end

Its a fair thread and a fair warning to everyone else. They dont seem to ship stuff out the next day.. or the next.

screamer
    You acknowledge these are discount wheels from a discount vendor, yet still you expect to be treated like royalty? Conundrum indeed...

Plays with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie
    You acknowledge these are discount wheels from a discount vendor, yet still you expect to be treated like royalty? Conundrum indeed...
    This always baffles me. You want the rock bottom price on something but your not willing to compromise anything (service) for it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by customfab
    This always baffles me. You want the rock bottom price on something but your not willing to compromise anything (service) for it?
    Our society is steering that directions. I WANT IT CHEAP...AND I WANT IT NOW!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Top notch experience for me, took about 2 weeks from order placement to wheels in hand. I'm using the Pure XCR rims with XT hubs. I'd order from them again

-E

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda
    Our society is steering that directions. I WANT IT CHEAP...AND I WANT IT NOW!!
    The new quote - "Cheap, immediate, good. Pick any two".
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I'm crossing my fingers to have my new set before the 14th, but as mentioned above - there have been a lot of these threads, everyone has always gotten their wheels, and it hasn't been 6-8 weeks either.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx