mtbr member

Best Tubeless ready 29er Tires for rocky/rooty Pa trails?

Hello,

Its been a few years since I've bought a new set of tires for my Niner. I know I have not kept up with all the new tires that have came out since 2010, and its now time to replace the Bontrager Jones ACX that I am running now.

Im looking for a tire that suits the typical Central Pa trails, hard pack/rocky/rooty. Something that will give good grip over all the rocks we have here, but will also roll well on the hardpack, also something that is at least a true 2.2 and since I am running Stan's rims tubeless already, something non UST but a good tubeless ready tire that will seal up no problem.
    Beer. Now there's a temporary solution. Homer Simpson

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Well, I guess I'll go first. I'm riding a lot of the same in central VA and I am having great success with a Speci Puratory 2.3 up front and a Speci Ground Control 2.1 in the rear. Both are the control versions. The purg inspires confidence up front and I can feel the rear just doing its job. I find the rolling resistance fairly low with this set up. I also had the older purg up front and the newer design does roll slightly better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I LIKE THE Specialized ground control tires. size 2.1 Light, tubeless ready and very durable. real easy mounting them as well. For me they are a five star tire. Used Specialized tires for many years and always been impressed with them. Im from Pa also and I put them through everything!! they just keep rolling on!!