mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Azonic vigilante tires

Anyone here tried the Vigilante tires?. Lots of places are clearing them out at good prices lately. Unfortunately there is only 1 review on them though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have one.

Big and light for their size. I run it as a rear tire as it has a bit of a rounded profile and I prefer a squarish profile front tire. I really have no complaints with it as a rear tire - it has grip to spare and sheds well decently. The centre knobs are ramped in both directions which is a comprimise but it when it slips it won't slip much.
    I love trying new tires and own alot (about 25) and this one has been on one of my bikes most of the season. If they are on sale buy one and giver a try. I never pay more than twenty bucks for a tire - the bike industry is all about hype and 'the' tire to have - there are some good bargains out there to be had and the vigilante is one of them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fat Albert Clone

I don't use the Azonic Vigilante but have seen the tread in real life in shops and its identical to the Schwalbe Fat Albert which I do run and rate very highly as a front tyre. I haven't tried it at the back.

on my 3rd wind...
    I had one on front wheel of my freeride bike. When I sold the bike, I moved the the same tire to front wheel of my rigid ss. Like it so far. Tread seems to last well...albeit on front. Great volume. Compound seems to be a bit on the high side...around 60 duro is my guess; it does not feel as nearly as soft as Kenda Sticky-E duro. But such a big volumn that you can run super low psi (in high 20's).
    sth

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by OneFear
    I don't use the Azonic Vigilante but have seen the tread in real life in shops and its identical to the Schwalbe Fat Albert which I do run and rate very highly as a front tyre. I haven't tried it at the back.
    Similar but far from identical.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common