mtbr member
    May 2007

Anyone use the Specialized Fast Trak LK Control 2BLISS

Anyone had any experience with this tire for the rear?

I like this tubeless ready deal that a few tire companies are doing. They weight is good and I get the security of a real UST bead for my x819 rim.

I ride mostly hard XC with some small drop offs, 1 ft or so and rocks in Nor Cal

I have a Captain control 2.0 2bliss with Stans on the rear now. It seems like it would be a better front tire for some reason. It also is more like a 2.2 than a 2.0.

Are the 2.0 Fast Traks like the Captian control 2.0? As is in size? They have a 2.2 version of the Fast trak that I think would be too wide if its like a 2.4 really.

Here is a link
    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP...jsp?spid=35737
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    They came stock on my Epic and I have used them before but they are very condition specific they are great on hardpack or rocky terrain even if it is wet. The captain is a much beter all around tire. Unless you ride mostly hardpack stick with the captain. For your prophet I would go with the 2.2 if you decide to go with the Fast Trak.

mtbr member
    The 2.2 Fast Trak is not much bigger than the 2.0 Fast Trak. The 2.0 Captain is bigger than both, while the 2.0 Resolution is bigger than the 2.0 Captain. BTW, I have heard that both the Fast Trak and Captain are fast rollers, the Fast Trak doesn't have the best grip.