mtbr member
    Nov 2007

New question here. Anybody use both Conti Race King and Kenda Karma? Please share thoughts on comparison

If anybody has used both of these tires (Conti Race King 2.2 and Kenda Karma) I'd really like to hear what you think of them. I'm curious to know which is the better all-around tire. Weight is about equal (supersonic race king, that is) and want to know how the other factors compare.... cornering, rolling speed, wear, etc.

Thanks for any input!

mtbr member
    considering the race king 2.2 ss has thread with over 600 posts on it (see WW forum) and most of it is VERY positive - it's a very good, fast tire with limited sidewall protection. it does everything pretty well like others have said, but i like other tires just as much or more for racing.

every rider needs or likes a different type of tire, so use your own judgment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I fully understand the generalities and the overall satisfaction with the Race King, but my question was specific to the comparison against the Kenda Karma.

I’ve seen the Race King thread with hundreds of posts, but when I searched that thread, there wasn’t a single mention of the Karma—and that is what I am looking for. It seems you suggested that I am looking for a preference, when I am only looking for specific characteristic comparisons (which rolls faster, which holds better through turns, etc).

Thanks in advance for any input somebody could provide.

Regards

ups and downs
    No contest on grip, the Race King 2.2 has better grip and roll faster. Karmas were OK on dry hardpack but I always found them sketchy in any sort of muddy conditions. The RK's seem better on sandy and pea gravel conditions too. The mud has to be fairly deep and squishy for the RK 2.2 to be squirrely. I haven't had the Karmas back on any of the bikes since I acquired the Race Kings.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    rockyuphill: Exactly the feedback I was looking for! Thanks for sharing. Was your experience with the regular tires, or the Supersonic??

ups and downs
    RK 2.2 Supersonic with the near magical Black Chili rubber
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    tinker won the 24hr of cool weeks ago with 2.1 kenda karma on the front did not see the rear but very muddy conditions... i am sure he could of used any tire and it amazed me to see the karma in that slop

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I find my Karma to corner well and hold well in wet condition.

They seems to roll slower then Mibro or Python.

They have a very solid ''lock'' on ZTR rims.