mtbr member
    Mar 2008

any tubeless experience with conti speed king supersonics?

i just mounted up some conti's speed king SS tubeless and i keep getting pin hole leaks in the sidewall. im kind of scared to take them out to the trail if i keep leaking air.

has anyone tried this before? if so were you ever able to seal up the pin holes with stans?

also does anyone know of a good WW tire that would mount tubeless?

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by Linga115

also does anyone know of a good WW tire that would mount tubeless?
    I had pretty good success with the Hutchinson Python Airlight mounted tubeless.

2.0 x 26 480grams
    2.3 x 26 620 grams
    Last edited by jeffw-13; 07-25-2009 at 06:30 AM.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I got my speedking 2.3 SS to seal with stans, took a little while to get them to hold pressure for a few hours.

once they held enouth pressure for a few hours i rode them and they sealed up after a couple of rides

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezzza
    I got my speedking 2.3 SS to seal with stans, took a little while to get them to hold pressure for a few hours.

once they held enouth pressure for a few hours i rode them and they sealed up after a couple of rides
    got any advice or things i should look out for when riding these tires? i hear that they wash out and what not. what are your experiences?

Dirt Deviant
    I've heard that some conti tires need to be scrubbed with soap and water inside for sealant to work good.
    It's mostly the german made ones. SS and Protection models.
    There is a mold release inside the tire that doesn't take well to sealant, and it needs to be cleaned out well.
    I remember reading about the Mountain King SS and Protection version having that problem.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    I've heard that some conti tires need to be scrubbed with soap and water inside for sealant to work good.
    It's mostly the german made ones. SS and Protection models.
    There is a mold release inside the tire that doesn't take well to sealant, and it needs to be cleaned out well.
    I remember reading about the Mountain King SS and Protection version having that problem.

i already have mine sealed up

what happens if they are not scrubbed?