mtbr member

Any glueless patches that work..

After pulling out my Stans rim strips and putting tubes back in, my recently patched tube went flat. I put in a spare, also patched with performance glueless patches and made it
    to the end of the block before it went flat.
    I could see both patches had bubbled up enough to leak....

I guess it's back to glue patches. or UST wheels eventually.

Dirt Junkie

I haven't found one that works

I have had the same result. Maybe a minute before they go bad. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll stick with old school patch and contact cement and not waste any more time with self adhesive.

Rock

ouch....
    I used a park tools glueless patch kit, held up fine & much quicker trail-side.
    Riding.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shark
    I used a park tools glueless patch kit, held up fine & much quicker trail-side.
    I like these, too.

key is to inflate a little before you put the patch on, and clean the area off (rubbing alcohol would be best, but I don't pack that along, so I either will brush the dirt off the tube, or rinse with water then dry it out). That way, it will stick and the stretching tube when you inflate won't rip it off.

I've had Park glueless patches last for years.

29 some of the time...
    I have used Park and Slime brands. I think that the Slime brand is stickier, but can't say they work noticeably better. Only time I have had issue is when the hole lies on a seam or when I don't inspect the tube/tire well enough and miss something

I view the glueless patches as a short term fix, good enough to hold air until home. But I have had them work well enough to continue using a tube for months, so you never know. If you can't even get them to hold for minutes then you are doing something incorrectly in the prep/application of the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Rub it............
    The problem I've ran into with self sticky patches is that if you don't inflate the tube a little bit before installing the patch, they peel off when you air up the tire.

spec4life???..smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    I view the glueless patches as a short term fix, good enough to hold air until home.
    yep same here..

Iv used slime patches and they seem to hold air well but as i said i dont rely on them long...

dwt
    mtbr member
    Superglue without any patch. Works on tubes, believe it or not. Also a good trailside repair for tubeless, if your sealant won't clog the puncture
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.