mtbr member

any feedback on the mavic 2012 crossmax sx

just purchased a set of 2012 mavic crossmax sx wheels. getting bit nervous about the zicral spokes. i'm 230lbs-235lbs with gear. are these things gonna splinter under me? i was popping spokes on my roval traverse wheels like toothpicks...3 different sets before i got store credit for the crossmax sx. heard mavic is not the best with customer service...apparent by the fact they don't provide contact info on the website. my guess is replacement zicral spokes aren't cheap. anyone have experience with these? i ride aggressive all mountain. fast rock gardens, rock/logs rolls but not big drops or jumps.

mtbr member
    I don't have the 12' sx's, but I do have the old XL and they have the zicral spokes. The Xls are pretty
    much bomb proof and I'm 225 w/ gear. I ride similar terrain here in Colorado and the wheels hold up well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltas88 View Post
    I don't have the 12' sx's, but I do have the old XL and they have the zicral spokes. The Xls are pretty
    much bomb proof and I'm 225 w/ gear. I ride similar terrain here in Colorado and the wheels hold up well.
    awesome. thanks for the reply! much appreciated