mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Another Schwalbe tubeless tire blow off

The bike was on the bike rack heading home after a 6-8 mile quick ride today.

It's a practically new Nobby Nic 2.25 snake skin, mounted on a Kore Durox UST wheel with Stan's tape, sealant and valve at 29 psi checked with a digital gauge. It has held air within a few pounds for the 3 weeks it's been mounted.

So, I've had a RaRa and NoNi blow off of 2 different wheel sets in less than 6 weeks time. Besides buying Schwalbe tires, what am I doing wrong?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Not much I guess. It's a known weakness of Schwalbe TLR tires.

What model year was the tire? Were there other circumstances that could have had something to do with it? For example high temperatures and tires exposed to sunlight (It's snowy and grey out here, but hey, ... you could be on the Bahama's, I don't know ;-) )

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The temp ranged from mid fifties to mid sixties yesterday, so I'm sure the psi could've been higher than 29. Maybe 30 When I was a kid I would air my tires up until I got tired of pumping.
    I got the tire maybe 4 months ago but I believe it's an older model, it has the yellow snake skin logo.
    The front, that I purchased soon after from the same store has a red text snake skin.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    No problems with my Nobby Nics. I have about 50 miles or so on them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Not used Schwalbes but had this happen with a Maxxis tyre. Once it blew of once that was it. I tried a few more times with the same tyre and it would just go pop and off the rim. I sent it back for a replacement tyre which was fine. Rims were stan crests.