PVR
    Crash Test Dummy

AMXC Hubs from Loaded Precision

I am getting my LBS to build me a new set of trail/AM wheels. I am looking at Mavic en521 rims on DT Swiss 340 hubs but it was suggested I might want to look at these:

http://www.loadedusa.com/products/hubs/amxc-hubs-rear/

It seems to be a North American company so I'd like to support it if it makes quality products. Anybody familiar with these hubs or this company?

There are a few threads on here asking similiar questions but only one I found where somebody actually had bought some of their products. The thread has not been updated with a review, however

Loaded Precision Products

Thanks for any current advice/comments you may be able to offer.

nocturnal oblivion
    Is this a loaded question?
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    No but I would like some precision in the answer!

nocturnal oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by PVR
    No but I would like some precision in the answer!
    Touche!

I perused their website, hadn't heard of them before. Couldn't find out much on google either.

Could be great. The lack of consumers with experience is disconcerting. Maybe pm giantsaam and see if he has follow up?
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but the hubs look very similar to the "catalog" hubs offered by the taiwan manufacturers. One of the dead giveaways for me is the skewers - I've seen them with about 15 different "brands" of hubs. Plus, if you're manufacturing the stuff in North America I'd think you'd be promoting that all over your web site, right ? And also in typical fashion of the companies that are selling branded taiwan hubs they neglect to tell you the engagement.

Between those and DTs I'd take DT all day. Even if you spend a little more DT's phenomenal customer service is worth it. If something goes wrong with these other hubs who knows how long it will take to get a part.

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    Probably good advice 92gli given there have been no further responses (I pm'd giantsaam) and my LBS was unable to find out anything more about the company or its products. DT it is.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Whoa!!!! I'm sorry I missed this till now. I actually work for Loaded and just haven't been active on mtbr for a while (had a baby nine months ago and counting... .

We are a San Diego, CA company and if you have any questions you can always shoot me a PM or call me at 760-789-9513. To clarify things, the hubs are NOT "catalog" parts from China. The skewers however, are sourced from another manufacturer. We do warehouse and stock everything here in San Diego, including replacement parts, so heaven forbid if you had an issue, we'd hook you up.

We're a newer company that has basically been in "stealth" mode for the past few years as we test and refine parts. Everything we offer is solid, and is really top tier stuff. We wouldn't waste our time designing it if we couldn't make some sort of improvement on the status quo.

If you have any other product questions feel free to PM me.

Scott

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Loaded

I can't speak to of the hubs but I am about to build my first set of wheels and I am not afraid to test out the loaded hubs. I first discovered Loaded when I picked up a used carbon handlebar on an auction site. Got a good deal on a phenomenally light weight bar. I was scared of it at first but I have thoroughly punished these bars and now have a ton of faith in them. The hubs fit my price point and weight requirements so I am excited about using them. I will review them after I have put some miles on them. Buy American.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    The hubs look like novatec(joytech) d991/992 hubs.

banned
    Mar 2012
    I have a set of the signature hubs. They don't make the AMXC any longer. Quality is really good. Really smooth rolling. Cartridge bearings. Made in Taiwan. Lighter than the DT350.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Pricing on those signature hubs is amusing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Pricing on those signature hubs is amusing.
    This. They certainly look just like Novatec 881/882's which can be had for about $140 a set(front & rear).