mtbr member

Alex Supra N's and Mavic d321's weight?

HI,

Does any body knows the REAL weight of these rims, or know where I could find it.

And, would a d321 sit a nevegal 2.3 (kevlar) without trouble.

Help much appreciated

Cheers and nice rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

filthy ape
    Oct 2005
    If I remember right, my Mavic D321 CD ano, 32-hole rims weighed ~680gr. ea.
    What exactly do you mean by a Nevegal 2.3 fitting without trouble? As in, the tire being too wide or too narrow? It will easily fit a little narrower(2.1 would be the extreme limit IMO) and a much wider tire than a 2.3 without issue. The rim is 36mm wide if memory serves me correctly. I have used 2.2 kevlar and 2.35 steel beads successfully in the past. Excellent rims by the way, super durable.

Edit: Oh yeah, these rims are now known as the EX 729 model.
    Last edited by Duh-luth; 01-11-2007 at 05:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks Duh-Iuth!

I was refering to as the tire being too narrow; but seems itīs not an issue.

I am planing on replacing my Supra Nīs for Mavic d321 (EX729). I know there is a big improvement, still i am concerned about being more heavy than the Supra N; I still pedal uphill my 40 pound bike sometimes.

As far as I know, the listed weight for Supra Nīs is 660g (Alex rims usually weight more than listed though) so a difference of less maximun 20 grams doesnīt look that bad. Just wanted to be sure about the weights, and what was I getting into.

Again, thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Duh-luth
    If I remember right, my Mavic D321 CD ano, 32-hole rims weighed ~680gr. ea.
    What exactly do you mean by a Nevegal 2.3 fitting without trouble? As in, the tire being too wide or too narrow? It will easily fit a little narrower(2.1 would be the extreme limit IMO) and a much wider tire than a 2.3 without issue. The rim is 36mm wide if memory serves me correctly. I have used 2.2 kevlar and 2.35 steel beads successfully in the past. Excellent rims by the way, super durable.

Edit: Oh yeah, these rims are now known as the EX 729 model.
    Last edited by ritopc; 01-11-2007 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo