mtbr member
    Feb 2010

AC Rim Switching

I have been riding my AM Classic 29 Tubeless wheels for a while now, and want to shed some weight to beat everyone.
    The AC 101 rim looks quite good (@381g), and I was thinking of just re-lacing a fresh 101 rim as oppose to buying a whole AC Race wheelset. Possibly with revo spokes to save some extra grams.

Does anyone know the weight of the 29 Tubeless rims to see if this will do much?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    superlight-bikeparts lists the AC 101 at 357g. Have you had a look on bike-scale to see if they have the AC tubeless rim weight?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Yup, scoured the internet to no avail. Might un-lace a rim to weight soonish.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloober View Post
    Yup, scoured the internet to no avail. Might un-lace a rim to weight soonish.
    Contact AC and ask them first.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Whilst cleaning my bicycle today I noticed a couple of spoke holes in the rim have cracks radiating outwards (Maybe 2mm long) on the rear rim. I got onto AC and when I can send it off I will just end up upgrading to the race rim for a little extra in the warranty process. They did not have a weight of the tubeless 29 rim.