Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 500 of 923
  1. #401
    mtbr member
    Reputation: killjoyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Curious, how do those sidewalls feel, like 100g paper or 160g? Unless you plan on running em tubed or in just buff trails, those Schwalbe EVO sidewalls are too thin, won't waste money on anything from them again unless it's Snakeskin.
    No worries here. The sidewalls felt about the same as an S-works tire, but I only weigh 155. I also ride in the SF Bay Area where we don't have sharp rocks and I don't do drops over 3 feet. If I'm going to ride a gnarly trail I'll take the Nomad.
    Ibis Mojo HD3 - Norco Torrent 7.1

  2. #402
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    101
    I recently weighed a new 2.2 Geax Saguero at 710 listed at 690 and a new 2.4 Racing Ralph listed at 640 weighed at 610

  3. #403
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Curious, how do those sidewalls feel, like 100g paper or 160g? Unless you plan on running em tubed or in just buff trails, those Schwalbe EVO sidewalls are too thin, won't waste money on anything from them again unless it's Snakeskin.

    Everyone is different on tires. My wife and I have been running Schwalbe Evo for racing tires almost exclusively for the past 3 seasons and have never had a flat due to a sidewall issue.... it's always been through the tread. But, if we were racing in more rocky areas, we'd probably switch to the Snakeskin for at least some of the events.

  4. #404
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,190
    Tubed or tubeless? I was more talking tubeless, which I guess they're not designed for, just was so amazed when my RR slashed and I could actually see how thick the sidewall wasn't. I've stitched/patched it back up and it could be used with a tube, but traction was never great on anything but totally dry anyways

    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab
    Everyone is different on tires. My wife and I have been running Schwalbe Evo for racing tires almost exclusively for the past 3 seasons and have never had a flat due to a sidewall issue.... it's always been through the tread. But, if we were racing in more rocky areas, we'd probably switch to the Snakeskin for at least some of the events.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  5. #405
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,080
    We've always ran them tubeless.

  6. #406
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    I don't know if they have been posted yet and I don't intend reading the entire thread to find out. I just got a pair of Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 tubeless ready 29 tires. The website claims 650g. but I weighed one of mine at 711g.

    Ronnie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29er tire weight list-nobby-nick.jpg  

    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

  7. #407
    mtbr member
    Reputation: killjoyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Tubed or tubeless? I was more talking tubeless, which I guess they're not designed for, just was so amazed when my RR slashed and I could actually see how thick the sidewall wasn't. I've stitched/patched it back up and it could be used with a tube, but traction was never great on anything but totally dry anyways
    The new RR are tubeless ready. You couldn't pay me to go back to tubes. I know they're thin and that's the price you pay for super light tires. With my weight and riding conditions I'm willing to give them a shot.
    Ibis Mojo HD3 - Norco Torrent 7.1

  8. #408
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,190
    Holy crap, now you mention it in the first pic I can see the tubeless ready text. I'd say that's quite impressive for a TLR tyre, depending on actual volume of course. Wonder when they'll wise up and start to offer the Black Chilli compound, as the compound on the RR I had sucked in anything but dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoyken
    The new RR are tubeless ready. You couldn't pay me to go back to tubes. I know they're thin and that's the price you pay for super light tires. With my weight and riding conditions I'm willing to give them a shot.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  9. #409
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Holy crap, now you mention it in the first pic I can see the tubeless ready text. I'd say that's quite impressive for a TLR tyre, depending on actual volume of course. Wonder when they'll wise up and start to offer the Black Chilli compound, as the compound on the RR I had sucked in anything but dry.
    "LyNx", now you have me confused. The RR is a Schwalbe tire. Black Chili is a Continental priority compound.

    Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

  10. #410
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Holy crap, now you mention it in the first pic I can see the tubeless ready text. I'd say that's quite impressive for a TLR tyre, depending on actual volume of course. Wonder when they'll wise up and start to offer the Black Chilli compound, as the compound on the RR I had sucked in anything but dry.
    Schwalbe's got me confused too, as apparently you can get Tubeless Ready in either EVO or Snakeskin casing?
    Looks like they're all PaceStar (3c), don't know if that's new or just a new name.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  11. #411
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    Schwalbe's got me confused too, as apparently you can get Tubeless Ready in either EVO or Snakeskin casing?
    Looks like they're all PaceStar (3c), don't know if that's new or just a new name.
    This from the Schwalbe website:

    "Triple Nano-Compound. Naturally with our best rubber mixture for top performance grip and rolling resistance."

    EVO for:
    "Evolution Line - Description: The very best possible. Highest grade materials. Latest technology."

    "SnakeSkin - Description: A light and flexible carcass makes the tire highly resistant to scrubbing."

    "PaceStar - Description: Triple Star Compound:
    Our best and most sophisticated compound. Triple compound. Perfectly adapted to the specific purpose.

    Sounds like a lot of advertising to me but if my Nobby Nics are as good as the Specialized Purgatory 2Bliss they will replace, I'll be happy. They will be the first Schwalbe tires I've tried.

    Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

  12. #412
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    This from the Schwalbe website:
    Yup... read all that. So what's "Tubeless Ready"? Just a fat, butyl bead, per ETRTO spec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    Sounds like a lot of advertising to me but if my Nobby Nics are as good as the Specialized Purgatory 2Bliss they will replace, I'll be happy. They will be the first Schwalbe tires I've tried.

    Ronnie.
    I'm guessing you'll like 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  13. #413
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    Yup... read all that. So what's "Tubeless Ready"? Just a fat, butyl bead, per ETRTO spec?
    "TL Ready - Description: Together with a tire sealant you can make these tires tubeless."

    Just a fat, butyl bead. That is exactly the point. I started using "Tubeless Ready" on UST rims on 26" wheels and found them to be just as reliable as UST tires. I've seen one too many standard tubeless conversion fail. The "Tubeless Ready" bead locks up really tight on my Stan's Flow rims. Even deflated I have to push hard to get the beads out of the rim.

    Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

  14. #414
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,190
    Ooops, yup, you're right, 2 brands I got confused because IMHO they won't do soft enough compounds. Hoping the new Mtn.King will have Black Chilli as an option, want seomthing nice and soft for the front on our mossy rocks. Would love to try the Specs you mention, but I just hate them too much to ever give them one red cent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    "LyNx", now you have me confused. The RR is a Schwalbe tire. Black Chili is a Continental priority compound.

    Ronnie.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  15. #415
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    "TL Ready - Description: Together with a tire sealant you can make these tires tubeless."

    Just a fat, butyl bead. That is exactly the point. I started using "Tubeless Ready" on UST rims on 26" wheels and found them to be just as reliable as UST tires. I've seen one too many standard tubeless conversion fail. The "Tubeless Ready" bead locks up really tight on my Stan's Flow rims. Even deflated I have to push hard to get the beads out of the rim.

    Ronnie.
    Well, that doesn't help much, as that describes all of their tires.
    I guess with all the other manufacturers advertising their tubeless ready systems as including some sort of sidewall protection, I was confused by Schwalbe offering Tubeless Ready in both EXO & Snakeskin. AFAIK they are the only mfr doing this, and they just started for 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  16. #416
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    Well, that doesn't help much, as that describes all of their tires.
    I guess with all the other manufacturers advertising their tubeless ready systems as including some sort of sidewall protection, I was confused by Schwalbe offering Tubeless Ready in both EXO & Snakeskin. AFAIK they are the only mfr doing this, and they just started for 2011.
    Not so. I'm no expert but from what I can see from the Schwalbe site most models come in different combinations, some with Snake Skin others without. Then there is the likes of the Rocket Ron with the following comment:

    "Out and out competition tire! Puncture protection and durability are limited."

    While there are several different sizes and widths, some tubeless others not. There is no mention of Snake Skin.

    In my experience other manufacturers also do this too. Specialized have several models that come as Control 2Bliss (read thicker) sidewalls and also S-Works 2Bliss with very thin sidewalls and I guess are meant for racing.

    Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

  17. #417
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bholwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    Well, that doesn't help much, as that describes all of their tires.
    I guess with all the other manufacturers advertising their tubeless ready systems as including some sort of sidewall protection, I was confused by Schwalbe offering Tubeless Ready in both EXO & Snakeskin. AFAIK they are the only mfr doing this, and they just started for 2011.
    No, no, EXO (Exo-Protection) is Maxxis (reinforced sidewalls). EVO (Evolution something or other) is Schwalbe. Don't add to the confusion!
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

  18. #418
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    "TL Ready - Description: Together with a tire sealant you can make these tires tubeless."
    A couple years ago a Schwalbe rep told me that using any sealant other than their Doc Blue voids the warranty on their tires, and they pointed to this as a reason why I was losing knobs on my UST Albert tire after just a few weeks. Do they still recommend against Stans sealant?

  19. #419
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by bholwell
    No, no, EXO (Exo-Protection) is Maxxis (reinforced sidewalls). EVO (Evolution something or other) is Schwalbe. Don't add to the confusion!
    I love my evo grid, snake sonic, super skin, pace star, mountain ralphs. Great tires

  20. #420
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,190
    That's called UTTER BS and dodging a proper warranty claim, that's what that is, just like the Big Betty's loosing their knobs running tubes, NOT A FVCK TO DO WITH SEALANT.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnerConvert
    A couple years ago a Schwalbe rep told me that using any sealant other than their Doc Blue voids the warranty on their tires, and they pointed to this as a reason why I was losing knobs on my UST Albert tire after just a few weeks. Do they still recommend against Stans sealant?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  21. #421
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    318
    Specialized Eskar2 Control 29x2.3 2bliss, one was 830g, one was 810g, no pkging. Not a huge volume tire, but I have a Dos Niner so the clearance back there is limited. This tire fit well, fyi.

  22. #422
    Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    56
    Specialized S-WORKS RENEGADE, front take-off from my new bike;
    Claimed: 450 grams
    Actual: 457 grams

  23. #423
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11
    IRD Fire29er XC Pro 29 x 2.1": 748 g

  24. #424
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sweeney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Just got two Maxxis Ignitors:

    610, 640 grams
    60; it's the new 40!

  25. #425
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    116
    2x Rocket Ron 29er x 2.25, TB Ready, Pacestar compound: 557 gr and 578 gr, vs claimed 520 gr..... as heavy as my Racing Ralphs 2.25 .....

  26. #426
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,614

    Maxxis Ikon

    Maxxis Ikon
    29x2.2 EXO (Sidewall Protection)
    1 @ 592g
    1 @ 586g

  27. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11

    WTB Nano

    WTB Nano 29, Race, folding: 590 g

  28. #428
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    719
    Maxxis Ikon EXO: 580 grams
    Maxxis Ignitor EXO: 635 grams
    Geax AKA: 715 grams

  29. #429
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29
    Just mounted a couple 29x2.25 TL Ready Racing Ralphs w/ Snakeskin sidewalls today, 675 and 700g.

    While I'm at it, also recently weighed a 29x2.2 AKA (TNT version) at 730g, 29x2.25 TL SS Nobby Nic at 700, and a normal folding (for tubed use) Geax Saguaro 29x2.2 at 700g.

  30. #430
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    381
    I've got a pair of Maxxis Beavers here in 29x2.0

    They came in at 503g and 498g

    They look to be relatively narrow for a 2.0 (par for the course it seems) which will be good for a mud tyre. I haven't mounted them up just yet, and hopefully I won't have to for another few months - got them as a "just in case" set.

  31. #431
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by monolith
    I've got a pair of Maxxis Beavers here in 29x2.0

    They came in at 503g and 498g

    They look to be relatively narrow for a 2.0 (par for the course it seems) which will be good for a mud tyre. I haven't mounted them up just yet, and hopefully I won't have to for another few months - got them as a "just in case" set.
    it'd be nice if they could get them up on the website...
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  32. #432
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DianeWong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    53
    I just picked a pair of Stan's Ravens 2.0" tires. The claimed weight on the box is 500g, the actual weights are; 439g, and 469g. I'm running them tubless on my Dos Niner.
    -George
    George Wong

  33. #433
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    it'd be nice if they could get them up on the website...
    Yeah, would be nice. In the meantime, here are a couple of happy snaps from me. Notice this tyre has gained 2 grams over the last couple of days!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29er tire weight list-mud1.jpg  

    29er tire weight list-mud2.jpg  


  34. #434
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18

    Renegade Controls

    Specialized Renegade Control 1.95 weighed on kitchen scales (not sure how accurate) at 550 grams

  35. #435
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    162
    Maxxis IKON EXO 29x2.2 .. just got a pair of them and they weighed in at 585g and 578g

  36. #436
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    48
    Maxxis Ikon EXO, 575, 590, 600
    Maxxis Ignitor Regular 2.1, 625

  37. #437
    Ride.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    118
    weighed my WTB Bronson race 2.2's and got 740 grams each on a park shop scale.

  38. #438
    gone for a bike ride
    Reputation: culturesponge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,973
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/culturesponge/5368904555/" title="352g Schwalbe Furious Fred 29x2.0 - 18.01.11 #6642 v2 by culturesponge, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5122/5368904555_39634f31ba_z.jpg" width="640" height="496" alt="352g Schwalbe Furious Fred 29x2.0 - 18.01.11 #6642 v2" /></a>
    2010 Schwalbe Furious Fred EVO 29x2.0 #1

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/culturesponge/5369515976/" title="355g Schwalbe Furious Fred 29x2.0 - 18.01.11 #6645 v2 by culturesponge, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5001/5369515976_7e5e447d0f_z.jpg" width="640" height="536" alt="355g Schwalbe Furious Fred 29x2.0 - 18.01.11 #6645 v2" /></a>
    2010 Schwalbe Furious Fred EVO 29x2.0 #2

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/culturesponge/5369518398/" title="565g Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29x2.25 - 18.01.11 #6648 v2 by culturesponge, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5244/5369518398_bf4784bef4_z.jpg" width="640" height="523" alt="565g Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29x2.25 - 18.01.11 #6648 v2" /></a>
    2010 Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO 29x2.25
    Last edited by culturesponge; 03-15-2011 at 02:58 PM.

  39. #439
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2 - 574 & 568
    Specialized Captain s-works 29x2.0 - 630
    Specialized Fast Track LK Control 29x2.0 - 615

  40. #440
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by osu1978
    Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2 - 574 & 568
    Specialized Captain s-works 29x2.0 - 630
    Specialized Fast Track LK Control 29x2.0 - 615
    are your IKONs EXO?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  41. #441
    mtbr member
    Reputation: slower_than_u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    144
    NoTubes Raven 29x2.2 (2) 575g each

  42. #442
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Is there an obvious place to find the most updated version of the weight spreadsheet I saw floating around on this thread a few months back?

  43. #443
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    130
    Do people subtract or tare the Scale to account for the weight of the rubber band I see in alot of these photos. I'm sure relatively insignificant in terms of actual weight, but if you're going full weenie and weigh things, you might as well do it right and maintain credibility.

  44. #444
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin
    Is there an obvious place to find the most updated version of the weight spreadsheet I saw floating around on this thread a few months back?
    Same link. I'm still actively maintaining the spreadsheet, so any time you click the link you are viewing the most recent version. I think a couple of dingbats have ripped it off and started messing with it, but I haven't sen that they posted it publicly.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  45. #445
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    are your IKONs EXO?
    Yes, and the sidewalls are thicker and stiffer then the Fast Track Controls I weighed. I thought my scale was a little off until the Specialized tires came in higher then what their weight was listed at.

  46. #446
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by osu1978
    Yes, and the sidewalls are thicker and stiffer then the Fast Track Controls I weighed. I thought my scale was a little off until the Specialized tires came in higher then what their weight was listed at.
    where's the spesh weight listed? it's not on their website
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  47. #447
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpirx
    Do people subtract or tare the Scale to account for the weight of the rubber band I see in alot of these photos. I'm sure relatively insignificant in terms of actual weight, but if you're going full weenie and weigh things, you might as well do it right and maintain credibility.
    i don't include weights that include packaging. if i see it in the photo, it gets left out. i have included weights with the rubber bands because 1) they're insignificant and within the tire manufacturing variances, and 2) it's hard to lay a new tire on a non-hanging scale without one.
    used tires are also left out for the most part.
    i reserve the right to break these rules if i feel like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  48. #448
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    peoples-
    help a brotha out and post up the FULL tire info, even if you think everybody knows it, and if your tire doesn't appear in the spreadsheet, the claimed weight would be very helpful.
    thanks,
    mgmt

    SPREADSHEET LINK
    I'm also adding it to my sig so it's easier to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  49. #449
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    where's the spesh weight listed? it's not on their website
    For whatever reason the 29x2.0 fast trak lk controls do not have their weight on the website anymore but they were previously listed at 600.

    The Swork captains have the weight on the website list as

    •29" x 2.0; psi 3565; approx. weight 595g
    •29" x 2.2; psi 3565; approx. weight 665g

  50. #450
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18
    2x No Tubes The Raven 2.0 tyres 519 and 522 grams

  51. #451
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    116
    Specialized Renegade S-Works 2BR 29x1,9 - 478 gram

  52. #452
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5
    Just received two Ignitor 29x2.1, eXC/EXO 120 TPI version. 595 and 600 grams respectively with Park scale.

    don

  53. #453
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5
    Editted to add: Manufacturer weigh 590g

    http://www.maxxis.com/Bicycle/Mountain/Ignitor.aspx

  54. #454
    Master of Disaster
    Reputation: Clones123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    979
    2x Continental Race King 29x2.2

    Manufacturer listed weight = 650g - my samples were 618g and 663g

  55. #455
    Space Ghost
    Reputation: Coach417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    903
    2 Reg Racing Ralph's 2.25 (560g)(600g) same scale, day, time, etc.
    2 Ignitor EXO's 2.1 (631g) (634g)
    1 Crossmark 2.1 (594g)
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

  56. #456
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    822
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25" TLR Pacestar compound 525gr.

    I guess I got lucky! Schwalbe says TLR should have added 30gr, but this one is on pre-2011 'EVO' weight.

  57. #457
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    Don't know if it's been posted yet so I'll post it. I just got a Nobby Nic 29 TL Ready 2.35 in my paws and weighed it at 788g.

    Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

  58. #458
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenK
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25" TLR Pacestar compound 525gr.

    I guess I got lucky! Schwalbe says TLR should have added 30gr, but this one is on pre-2011 'EVO' weight.
    you're 5g over claimed weight based on the schwable website
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  59. #459
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    you're 5g over claimed weight based on the schwable website
    Maybe he left the rubber band on the tire!
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

  60. #460
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    48
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29X2.25 TL Ready Non-Snakeskin 560,590

    Advertised at 585

  61. #461
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    you're 5g over claimed weight based on the schwable website
    Sure, but on average, even the old ones were heavier than that. Schwalbe predicted a 30gr increase in weight because of the TLR-ness, although they never altered their claimed weights on the Ron's. I am just happy they are really light and TLR. The tire aired up easily with a floorpump by the way. A few pinholes sealed and it seemed ready to go. Let's see if there is still air in it in the morning.

    P.s. I did leave the rubber band on the tire .

  62. #462
    Short-Change-Hero
    Reputation: gregnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,834
    Just got a WTB Moto Raptor 2.1 for $13 shipped from ebay, never used. Will have to run to the post office to get a weight.

    Well here it is and by my calculations that is just shy of 530grams!
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/gfisicaro/5575889924/" title="WTB Moto Raptor 29x2.1 by renofizz, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5103/5575889924_96ab58ae0f_z.jpg" width="478" height="640" alt="WTB Moto Raptor 29x2.1"></a>
    Last edited by gregnash; 03-30-2011 at 06:46 PM.

  63. #463
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2

    Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 50-622 folding 2011


    Schwalbe Racing Ralph PaceStar Triple Compound SnakeSkin 29x2.25 folding 2011

    Weight in grams

  64. #464
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    822
    Maxxis Ikon (Non EXO): 533g and 535g.

  65. #465
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    2011 Nobby Nics TLR pacestar/snakeskin on my LBS scale:
    2.35=760
    2.25=680
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 05-03-2011 at 11:29 AM.

  66. #466
    I quit e-MTBR
    Reputation: OldManBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,152
    Continental Race King 29 x 2.2 -- 694g

  67. #467
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21
    Geax Barro Race TNT 29x2 - 678g

    Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 EXO 29x2.1 - 592g & 635g

  68. #468
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MAX A-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33

    holding up?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenK
    Maxxis Ikon (Non EXO): 533g and 535g.
    How are the "non exo" durability so far? I plan do get the ikon front and rear for race/training. Any input vs. the "exo" version?

  69. #469
    LCW
    LCW is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,287
    Quote Originally Posted by osu1978
    For whatever reason the 29x2.0 fast trak lk controls do not have their weight on the website anymore but they were previously listed at 600.

    The Swork captains have the weight on the website list as

    •29" x 2.0; psi 3565; approx. weight 595g
    •29" x 2.2; psi 3565; approx. weight 665g

    these are mine... taken last year when I bought them...

    29x2.0 S-Works Captain: 578g
    29x2.0 S-Works Fast Trak LK: 530g




    Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    EVIL Following


  70. #470
    I quit e-MTBR
    Reputation: OldManBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,152
    maxxis ignitor 29 x 2.1 exo: 614g

  71. #471
    jct
    jct is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX A-E
    How are the "non exo" durability so far? I plan do get the ikon front and rear for race/training. Any input vs. the "exo" version?
    can't answer your question specifically, but was changing a flat last night and felt a brand new crossmark 120tpi next to my Exo Ikon and the ikon felt 2x as thick. good for a clyde like myself.

    i like the sub 600gram maxxis tires with the Exo.

  72. #472
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    366

    Ardent 2.4

    Ardent 2.4 EXO 843g, no packaging. Claimed 795, which is weird because claimed for the 26x2.4 exo is 815g.

  73. #473
    I quit e-MTBR
    Reputation: OldManBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,152
    Specialized The Captain Sport, 29x 2.0 (wirebead): 742g

  74. #474
    MSH
    MSH is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    794
    Conti Race King 2.2 - 689g
    What a difference from the 564g one I got last time around (July of last yr). 125g heavier!! Does look like the last few reported here have been around the 675-695g mark though

    Maxxis Ikon 2.2 EXO - 585g

  75. #475
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6
    My new Race Kings are heavier as well. 3 previous pairs weighed between 620 and 660 grams but the new pair are both 690. Don't care though, as these are my favorite tire. Roll as fast as Racing Ralphs but corner much better. Triangular intermediate knobs really grip. Tread wear is great. The knobs are close enough together to give the tread good puncture resistant properties. Tall profile allows for lower pressures. Racing tire performance without the paper thin sidewalls. And priced right.

  76. #476
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    631

    furious fred....skinny mini's

    Quote Originally Posted by KandUr
    Schwalbe Furious Fred 336/372 g
    Just got mine, 363 and 362.........can you say CONDOM !

    I have these mounted on Haven's, a 21mm wide rim, and they still look more like a CROSS tire than a mtn bike tire! Stan's sealant and about 30psi....time will tell.

    I will try these in perfect race conditions and see how they feel, but I think a bigger front will win out.

    LC

  77. #477
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    944
    Bontrager 29-0 418/430

  78. #478
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilarider
    Ardent 2.4 EXO 843g, no packaging. Claimed 795, which is weird because claimed for the 26x2.4 exo is 815g.
    The 26 x 2.4 Ardent is a very different tire than the 29 x 2.4. I ordered a set of 26 x 2.4 for my AM bike because I like the 29 x 2.4 on my SS bike so much, but when I got them they turned out to be a much more aggressive tread. The center and side knobs are way bigger, and the transition knobs are smaller. And they weigh in around ~830g.

    My 2.9 x 2.4 weighs somewhere around 825g. I can't remember the exact number.

  79. #479
    Master of Disaster
    Reputation: Clones123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    My new Race Kings are heavier as well. 3 previous pairs weighed between 620 and 660 grams but the new pair are both 690. Don't care though, as these are my favorite tire. Roll as fast as Racing Ralphs but corner much better. Triangular intermediate knobs really grip. Tread wear is great. The knobs are close enough together to give the tread good puncture resistant properties. Tall profile allows for lower pressures. Racing tire performance without the paper thin sidewalls. And priced right.
    Ever tried GEAX Saguaros ? I switched from Saguaros to Race Kings (tubeless) and like everything about the Race Kings except moderately less traction on hardpack than my Saguaros had. This seems stupid to say, I know, but the Continentals are a seriously good-looking tire (large, two-color printing on the sidewalls)...

    I'm gonna miss me when I'm gone.
    IMBA member #234701

  80. #480
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vizsladog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,320
    maxxis aspen exception 518

  81. #481
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Clones123
    Ever tried GEAX Saguaros ? I switched from Saguaros to Race Kings (tubeless) and like everything about the Race Kings except moderately less traction on hardpack than my Saguaros had. This seems stupid to say, I know, but the Continentals are a seriously good-looking tire (large, two-color printing on the sidewalls)...

    I actually have the Saguaros, although they're the heavy tnt version. I'm right there with you about the traction difference, though it seems minimal, and agree about the good looks of the RK. I've thought of getting the non TNT version of the Saguaros since they grip well and also can usually be found at a good price. I wonder though if the volume is as good as theTNT version and the weight. Any info you have would be great. They're both just so much better than the RR as far as cornering and the RK just rolls so stinking good with the oval profile and tread pattern.

  82. #482
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    44

    tire wts

    Spec Purgatory Control 2.2 2bliss ready. Manuf wt: 720. Mine: 742
    Spec Captain Control 2.2 2bliss ready. Manuf wt: 730. Mine: 759
    Geax Saguaro 2.2 folding. 732
    Conti Race King 2.2 647

    No packaging included of course (except the 2 or 3 gram rubber band or zip tie). Our of curiosity I weighed the rubber band on the conti, 3 gram, and the zip tie on a Specialized, 2 gram.

  83. #483
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by brado
    Spec Purgatory Control 2.2 2bliss ready. Manuf wt: 720. Mine: 742
    Spec Captain Control 2.2 2bliss ready. Manuf wt: 730. Mine: 759
    Geax Saguaro 2.2 folding. 732
    Conti Race King 2.2 647

    No packaging included of course (except the 2 or 3 gram rubber band or zip tie). Our of curiosity I weighed the rubber band on the conti, 3 gram, and the zip tie on a Specialized, 2 gram.
    nominated for post of the thread!
    thanks for making the update easy by including all information.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  84. #484
    saddlemeat
    Reputation: bsieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,368
    Maxxis Ardent 2.4 exo 820gm (claimed 795)
    Maxxis Ardent 2.25 760gm (claimed 745)

    Hope the extra weight is in the sidewalls, the 2.4 certainly feels beefy.
    I ride with the best dogs.




  85. #485
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    631
    new to the 29er world so i just went nuts about getting the perfect:

    renegade Pro Control 1.95 530g, and 531g
    Bontrager 29-0 Team issue, 1.95, 420g, 422g
    Raven 2.2, 522g 524g
    Bontrager XR1, 542g, 546g

  86. #486
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    631
    also,

    Furious Fred, 2.0 361g, 363g

    Crazy light tire, saving about 320g-340g over renegade control....bit there is a price for this weight loss!

    cheers...LC

  87. #487
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenK
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25" TLR Pacestar compound 525gr.

    I guess I got lucky! Schwalbe says TLR should have added 30gr, but this one is on pre-2011 'EVO' weight.
    Guess I did not get that lucky after all... this one died on me. The sidewall could not cope with the encounter with a brake disc of a 'fellow' competitor.



    Ordered a new one, TLR Pacestar ... 593 gram. Dang. Oh well, guess it will seal a bit easier and it does not make the tire much less attractive to me.

  88. #488
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenK
    Guess I did not get that lucky after all... this one died on me. The sidewall could not cope with the encounter with a brake disc of a 'fellow' competitor.

    Ordered a new one, TLR Pacestar ... 593 gram. Dang. Oh well, guess it will seal a bit easier and it does not make the tire much less attractive to me.
    dayum!
    sounds like a james bond bike, with sharpened rotors.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  89. #489
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,080
    Dang, my RoRo's TLR were all around 530-540g.

  90. #490
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    157
    My Maxxis Ignitor came in at 635g and the Crossmark it replaced was 623g. Still keeping the Crossmark on the rear of my Tallboy though...

    A question for melting feather... Is the Google Documents Tire Weight Spreadsheet editable by anyone, or only you. I found it handy, but was going to add these numbers myself and couldn't.

    Thanks to all who are contributing!

  91. #491
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18
    Renegade 29x1.95 S-Works 515 grams

  92. #492
    N2B
    N2B is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    164
    4 racing ralph 2.25 tlr should be 585.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29er tire weight list-mtb-i-viborg-001.jpg  

    29er tire weight list-mtb-i-viborg-002.jpg  

    29er tire weight list-mtb-i-viborg-003.jpg  

    29er tire weight list-mtb-i-viborg-004.jpg  

    29er tire weight list-mtb-i-viborg-005.jpg  


  93. #493
    saddlemeat
    Reputation: bsieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,368
    Ardent 2.4 - 790g.

    Previous one was 820g.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29er tire weight list-ardent2.4.jpg  

    I ride with the best dogs.




  94. #494
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    162

    RR Tubeless Snakeskin

    Got a new pair of Racing Ralph Tubeless-ready snakeskin 29x2.25 .. came in heavier than advertised:

    690g and 681g

  95. #495
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,180
    Stan's Raven 2.2
    538.5g
    524.1g

    The spreadsheet is getting more and more popular... I think adding a link to my sig helped. Every time I open it up now there are 7-10 people viewing it!
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  96. #496
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    822
    Furious Fred Pacestar TLR: 368 gram and 339 gram.

  97. #497
    the air is thin up here..
    Reputation: noot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    716
    Maxxis Ikon non-EXO
    526g & 532g.
    claimed 520g
    2016 Honzo Ti
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon
    www.mngnt.com

  98. #498
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18
    Furious Fred 347g

  99. #499
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    762
    meltingfeather, putting the spreadsheet in your sig definately helped.

    kenda sb8 2.1 563g
    specialized renegade 1.95 control 559g

    kind of a bummer i thought the i would have lost more weight but my kenda is on the light said and renegade on the heavy so it ended up being a wash in the end. oh well hopefully the renegade rolls faster and grips better.

  100. #500
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    822
    Rocket Ron pacestar TLR 531 gram, to compensate for the heavy one I listed above.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 235

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •