Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    1 Racing Ralph 2.25 Evo - 537gr
    1 Nobby Nic 2.25 SS - 715gr

Both new. Both measured on Park scale. I was REALLY excited about the Ralph and then super bummed about the Nic. The crap Schwalbe has been spewing about the new Nic being 30gr LIGHTER is straight BS! Maybe they meant they were all 30gr HEAVIER and had a massive typo???

I think I forgot to add my 2 Aspens to the list a few weeks back. They were both new and were the "base" models...

531gr
    527gr

mtbr member
    Nobby Nic 2.25 SS- 639gr
    New tire on an Ultimate scale. Pretty happy on this one. Light weight and a fairly big contact patch. We'll see what durability is like. I am leaning towards a Ralph 2.25 SS for the rear.
    I turn a wrench @ Simplicity Cycles
    http://www.simplicity-cycles.com

Old-newbie
    Kodiaks = 1400 grams each (average of 2 tires)
    ...uphill uphill uphill DOWNHILL! uphill uphill uphill uphill DOWNHILL! uphill ...

mtbr member
    Maxxis high roller 29x2.1 (without packaging this time )= 668g

transmitter~receiver
    @gambas - thanks!
    @monolith - you got hosed on those aspens... 85g heavier than the average of everyone else?!? could you check & confirm those weights before I add them... they seem like outliers.
    everyone else - i'm trying to keep quality data, so please post everything the package and/or tire says on it. that means: brand, model, version, width/size, etc.
    i'm starting to ignore the junk posts because doing the research is getting old.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonbonan
    quite light
    yeah well... i'm also finding quite porous!

Stans keep oozing from little pin holes... they are getting sealed right away if I "shake and bake" the tire... but as the tire is getting worked in (2 days of riding only so bar), some leaks are showing up... It's just a PITA.... it will end up working out, but it's still a major hassle...

I'll be rethinking my next set of tires that's for sure... paying a bit of weigh penalty on TLR (tubeless ready) tires might be worth it to me...

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    From where? Have a link? Cannot find a High Roller 29er on Maxxis website and Google gives me nothing.
    From europe at www.fizzbikes.com But i think they don't have it in stock for the moment
    Last edited by gambas; 05-24-2010 at 01:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    @monolith - you got hosed on those aspens... 85g heavier than the average of everyone else?!? could you check & confirm those weights before I add them... they seem like outliers.
    Haha, I thought my scales were off at first... but a mate of mine who bought the same tyres had similar weights, just over 600g. Maybe we get the cast-off stuff down here at the end of the food chain (New Zealand).

From what I can tell, the ones we get from the local Maxxis distributor are just regular flavoured folding bead tyres - from what I can see online, the 520~g 29x2.1 Aspens have the maxxis "exception" logo on the sidewall (Which is interesting, cos the maxxis website doesn't list such a tyre).

mtbr member

It's exctly the same tire as the 26x2.1 (volume)

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by gambas
    Maxxis high roller 29x2.1 (without packaging this time )= 668g
    Interesting, seems to have slipped under the 29er forum radar that these were coming. I have a couple people who say they would move to 29ers if the High Roller was available. I guess I need to send them the link on these. There is still nothing on the Specs tab on the High Roller on the Maxxis site.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Just got a pair of the new Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29x2.25" tires.
    Weight stated on box: 520g
    Actual weight: 504,5g (500 and 509g.)

Not my pic!!!:

LCW
    mtbr member
    where'd you get the Ron's? They are still hard to find in 29er... price?

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

Recovering couch patato
    Interesting, seems to have slipped under the 29er forum radar that these were coming. I have a couple people who say they would move to 29ers if the High Roller was available. I guess I need to send them the link on these. There is still nothing on the Specs tab on the High Roller on the Maxxis site.
    I shortly demoed those in 2004. Just took them a while to get them to the market it seems. At least, if the tread is still the same. The early ones were tiny, like a 1.8-1.9 and brutally slow.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monolith
    Haha, I thought my scales were off at first... but a mate of mine who bought the same tyres had similar weights, just over 600g. Maybe we get the cast-off stuff down here at the end of the food chain (New Zealand).

From what I can tell, the ones we get from the local Maxxis distributor are just regular flavoured folding bead tyres - from what I can see online, the 520~g 29x2.1 Aspens have the maxxis "exception" logo on the sidewall (Which is interesting, cos the maxxis website doesn't list such a tyre).
    Actually both versions of the Aspen 29x2.1 exist: the 60 tpi version (TB96689500) and the 120 tpi eXCeption Series version (TB96689000). The U.S. decided to only carry the 120 tpi version, and the NZ distributer likely decided to only carry the 60 tpi version.

The Maxxis website says "120 tpi" for the eXCeption Series version. And we're currently in the process of adding all the tires the U.S. doesn't carry to the website in order to make it a more "International" website.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member

Wow, I had to do some research on this one!

Interesting, seems to have slipped under the 29er forum radar that these were coming.
    Honestly, I didn't even know these tires existed. I knew the tire must be old, because we haven't done the orange stripe in over 5 years. It turns out that the last shipment of 29x2.1 High Rollers went out in 2003. I'm suprised any are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by gambas
    It's exctly the same tire as the 26x2.1 (volume)
    The ETRTO is listed as 47-622. A 47mm width is quite narrow, although from your pictures is does look wider.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck
    where'd you get the Ron's? They are still hard to find in 29er... price?
    http://www.29squadron.com/

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drea
    40 euros is about 50 USD right now... hmmm.... not bad! I'd be curious to try a Ron on the front... i'm running dual Ralph 2.25s right now

do you know if they ship to the US and for how much? (i don't know where you're located)...

EDIT: can't even register... they list all the countries in the world, even Antarctica, but no United States, or even Canada...

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    1 Racing Ralph 2.25 Evo - 537gr
    1 Nobby Nic 2.25 SS - 715gr

Both new. Both measured on Park scale. I was REALLY excited about the Ralph and then super bummed about the Nic. The crap Schwalbe has been spewing about the new Nic being 30gr LIGHTER is straight BS! Maybe they meant they were all 30gr HEAVIER and had a massive typo???

I think I forgot to add my 2 Aspens to the list a few weeks back. They were both new and were the "base" models...

531gr
    527gr

Man, the sucks about your Nic... I'm thinking if I were to cut down a Ralph, of looking at the Nic 29er (only available in SS), and thought, 645g (claimed) isn't bad... but 715g actual? yikes!

Schwalbe site shows 645g: http://www.schwalbetires.com/nobby_nic_hs411

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikewrench
    Nobby Nic 2.25 SS- 639gr
    New tire on an Ultimate scale. Pretty happy on this one. Light weight and a fairly big contact patch. We'll see what durability is like. I am leaning towards a Ralph 2.25 SS for the rear.
    So the range so far is 715g from the poster above you... and 639g from yours... jeeeez... talk about HUGE tolerance on those...

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

LCW
    mtbr member
    Just got a pair of the new Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29x2.25" tires.
    Weight stated on box: 520g
    Actual weight: 504,5g (500 and 509g.)

Not my pic!!!:

Have you ridden them yet??

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    40 euros is about 50 USD right now... hmmm.... not bad! I'd be curious to try a Ron on the front... i'm running dual Ralph 2.25s right now

do you know if they ship to the US and for how much? (i don't know where you're located)...

EDIT: can't even register... they list all the countries in the world, even Antarctica, but no United States, or even Canada...
    I ordered mine from Starbike for 38 euro
    They also have the Nobby Nic snakeskin in stock too

MSH
    mtbr member
    Fresh Maxxis Aspen just arrived from Bike29.com... comes in at 544

Should have a Rocket Ron arriving tomorrow from a local supplier. Will report back as soon as I get it

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Have you ridden them yet??
    Yes. I've just raced the Rockets today on gravel, loose dirt, hard pack and grass at 25psi tubed and I'm very positive. They have a lot more traction than my Ralphs. So far so good. I really can't say much more at this point.. - More time on them is required.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Nobby Nic 2.25 SS- 639gr
    wow. makes my 700g one feel fat.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Yes. I've just raced the Rockets today on gravel, loose dirt, hard pack and grass at 25psi tubed and I'm very positive. They have a lot more traction than my Ralphs. So far so good. I really can't say much more at this point.. - More time on them is required.
    What do think about their durability? Do you expect trouble in rocky terrain? I heard the Rons use the Fred casing...

PS - go TUBELESS bro!!!!

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    What do think about their durability? Do you expect trouble in rocky terrain? I heard the Rons use the Fred casing...

PS - go TUBELESS bro!!!!
    I've BEEN tubeless bro Not worth the hassle

Don't know about durability yet and as I'm from Denmark, no rocky terrain. Compared to my FF's they seem thicker and more durable tho! The thread pattern on the 29'er Rocket is more aggressive than the 26'er version BTW.

mtbr member
    So, I am running my Nic up front, what Schwalbe tire would you recommend for the rear? The best rear tire for me has been an IRD, but would like something a little lighter. I ride in Southeast PA/Norhtern MD and encounter anything from rocks to mud. I am looking for something that does well on wet roots/rocks as most places I seem to be riding have at least one stream crossing/wet section.
    I turn a wrench @ Simplicity Cycles
    http://www.simplicity-cycles.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    So, I am running my Nic up front, what Schwalbe tire would you recommend for the rear? The best rear tire for me has been an IRD, but would like something a little lighter. I ride in Southeast PA/Norhtern MD and encounter anything from rocks to mud. I am looking for something that does well on wet roots/rocks as most places I seem to be riding have at least one stream crossing/wet section.
    Palphs are s*** in sticky/clay-ish mud. No traction at all.. Good on wet roots and rocks tho.
    I haven't tried my Rockets in wet conditions yet.

Meat Clever
    Brand new 2.25 Nobby Nic Snakeskin @ 695 (piggish) grams. Not happy.
    Last edited by DirtDummy; 05-27-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
    A little bit of pee just trickled out of my pipi when I saw that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    2 - Hutchinson Python 2.1 - 646g / 658g
    1 - Bontrager 29-3 2.25 Team TLR - 698g

MSH
    mtbr member
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron - 537

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron - 537
    really???

Both my Ralphs (2.25 even) are lighter....

that's one thing still bothers me about Schwalbe... by far some of the priciest tires around... you'd expect MUCH tighter tolerance and quality control...

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

MSH
    mtbr member
    really???

Both my Ralphs (2.25 even) are lighter....

that's one thing still bothers me about Schwalbe... by far some of the priciest tires around... you'd expect MUCH tighter tolerance and quality control...
    Agreed. It looks like the Ron's are all over the map on the current chart/list...as low as 500, a couple of 530's and even one 547.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bholwell
    Actually both versions of the Aspen 29x2.1 exist: the 60 tpi version (TB96689500) and the 120 tpi eXCeption Series version (TB96689000). The U.S. decided to only carry the 120 tpi version, and the NZ distributer likely decided to only carry the 60 tpi version.

The Maxxis website says "120 tpi" for the eXCeption Series version. And we're currently in the process of adding all the tires the U.S. doesn't carry to the website in order to make it a more "International" website.
    ok, i see the updates, but also I now see a 120tpi version of the ignitor as well......but only a 5 gram weight difference for the ignitor 120 vs 60 tpi, butthe 26er version 60 to 120 os close to 90g difference and for the aspen a 55 gram difference.....is this just a typo for the ignitor or for real ???

how can I get a 120tpi version of the ingitor in the u.s. ??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvowner
    ok, i see the updates, but also I now see a 120tpi version of the ignitor as well......but only a 5 gram weight difference for the ignitor 120 vs 60 tpi, butthe 26er version 60 to 120 os close to 90g difference and for the aspen a 55 gram difference.....is this just a typo for the ignitor or for real ???

how can I get a 120tpi version of the ingitor in the u.s. ??
    I assume your referring to the 120 tpi Ignitor 29x2.1 listed on the website, PN TB96694500. This tire has Exo-Protection sidewalls and a 120 tpi casing; there was simply not a place to list the Exo sidewall. So the addition of Exo-Protection adds nearly the same weight as the 120 tpi casing removes. I believe these tires will be in stock sometime mid July.

MTB B'dos
    So, with the thinner casing and extra protection is the sidewall on this new 120 tpi version thicker/tougher than the previous versions? Oh and when can we expect to see the 2.3" version of the Ignitor? Also was curious as to why the change in how the tyres are listed - no more 29er listing, you have to check out each tyres spec to see if they are offered in 29"?

I assume your referring to the 120 tpi Ignitor 29x2.1 listed on the website, PN TB96694500. This tire has Exo-Protection sidewalls and a 120 tpi casing; there was simply not a place to list the Exo sidewall. So the addition of Exo-Protection adds nearly the same weight as the 120 tpi casing removes. I believe these tires will be in stock sometime mid July.
    Last edited by LyNx; 05-31-2010 at 05:57 PM.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    So, with the thinner casing and extra protection is the sidewall on this new 120 tpi version thicker/tougher than the previous versions?
    The 120 tpi casing with Exo-Protection is slightly thicker and MUCH tougher than the regular 60 tpi casing.

Oh and when can we expect to see the 2.3" version of the Ignitor?
    I'm currently working on projects that will make you forget all about the 2.3 Ignitor

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The 120 tpi casing with Exo-Protection is slightly thicker and MUCH tougher than the regular 60 tpi casing.

I'm currently working on projects that will make you forget all about the 2.3 Ignitor
    sounds lke it will be a great tire to run tubelss.....why would anyone want the 60 tpi, after this new verison comes out ??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvowner
    sounds lke it will be a great tire to run tubelss.....why would anyone want the 60 tpi, after this new verison comes out ??
    Well, the 60 tpi version will be cheaper, and it also uses a harder compound which is desirable if one rides on pavement and primarily dry trails.

MTB B'dos
    OK, didn't notice that, glad you point that out. Any chance you guys will be doing dual compound on whatever you're working on and intro it to the Crossmark like the 26" LUST version has? How about LUST for us 29er folks? Oh and any clue as to when we can expect to see this mythical tyre(s) you keep teasing us with?

Well, the 60 tpi version will be cheaper, and it also uses a harder compound which is desirable if one rides on pavement and primarily dry trails.

MTB Barbados

mtbr member
    Oh and any clue as to when we can expect to see this mythical tyre(s) you keep teasing us with?
    They're not mythical- prototypes are being tested right now. Release dates will be Eurobike & Interbike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Anyone seen a Kenda Slant Six? I am may be way off the back on this one.....looks nice comes in 2.0 and a 2.2?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ok cool, I ride in a pretty rocky area, and while i love the aspens, i have torn one sidewall on the front running tubeless on a stans rim, but the durability and the grip of the ignitor esp with a 120tpi and exo should be a nice compromise, will still prob run aspen up front but the ignitor on the rear.....

MTB B'dos
    OK, so you've given us a date, now can you give us an idea where it/they'll be slated in comparison to what's already offered? From your comments I'm taking it there's something along the lines of an Ignitor, but better, but you hinted at more than one tyre.

They're not mythical- prototypes are being tested right now. Release dates will be Eurobike & Interbike.
    MTB Barbados

mtbr member
    May 2006
    can we keep this thread on topic....If you guys are going to discuss new tires start a new thread.

Maxxis Aspen 29x2.1 eXception 540gr

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    pi$$ed about my new 2.25 racing ralphs, NOT snakeskin:

604 gr
    632 gr

(I gotta check my scale)

Never trust a fart
    Here is an update on a previous post and a new addition.

Geax Barro Race TNT 29x2.0 - 707 grams.

New addition

Specialized The Captain Control 2Bliss 29x2.2 - 719 grams and 708 grams.

saddlemeat
    Maxxis Ardent 2.25 - 700g on the Alpine
    I ride with the best people.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Had the Rocket Rons and Nobby Nic show up from Starbike this morning.

Rocket Ron 2.25" - 522g, 551g.
    Nobby Nic 2.25"SS - 692g.

Will use the Rons for a race this weekend, then bung the NN on the front for trail rides/training and chime in with my epinion on them.

LCW
    mtbr member
    just got these...

S-Works Captain 2Bliss 29x2.0 - 578g

S-Works Fast Trak LK 2Bliss 29x2.0 - 530g

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

Mudder
    Bontrager 29-0 29x1.9"
    Front: 425 grams
    Rear: 424 grams
    I shall also note that they setup tubeless extremely easy using xxx lite wheels and stan's juice. Have not tried them yet let me know if you'd like a ride report.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasselhof
    WTB
    WTB Vulpine - 556gr

WOW... that's 100g less than listed on their site... That's the 29er?
    Largest NorCal XC Race Series
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    http://www.UavTechReview.com
    Best in the West!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 675,645

I have no idea why the one is sooooo heavy. Weighed it 3 times on different scales.

Racing Ralph 2.4 575

mtbr member
    WTB Vulpine - 556gr

My Vulpines:

560, 565, 530... wish I coulda found another at 530gr!
    Best in the West!

mtbr member
    Maxis Crossmark 2.1

Both were 630gr on the nose
    Best in the West!

MSH
    mtbr member
    Conti Race King 2.2 - 564 (quite happy with this weight...I figured the Nano was going to come in lighter than the RK)
    WTB NanoRaptor 2.1 - 584

MSH
    mtbr member
    Fresh Racing Ralph Snakeskin from Bike29 received today = 641

mtbr member

Michelin XC All Terrain 29x2.0

Michelin XC All Terrain 29x2.0
    • Still a bargain
    • Mine weighed 681g.
    Brisbane, AU

mtbr member

Hutchinson Python Air Light TLR 29x2.10

Hutchinson Python Air Light Tubeless Ready 29x2.10

• Pretty excited about this one
    • I think it's slipped 'under the radar'
    • The TLR bead looks promising
    • Mine weighed 648g
    Brisbane, AU

Mudder
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph Snakeskin 29x2.25"- 643 grams and 636 grams

make mine a nine
    Kenda Karma 29x2.2 797g and 800g.
    Last edited by abevern; 07-12-2010 at 07:48 PM.

make mine a nine
    Continental Race Kings 29x2.2 657g, 672g and 688g

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine14
    pi$$ed about my new 2.25 racing ralphs, NOT snakeskin:

604 gr
    632 gr

(I gotta check my scale)
    confirmed weight on both...sadly.
    returned the 632 gr.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    stan's raven 2.2 - 535 gr

Fat & Single
    4 x Racing Ralph 2.25" Evo Snakeskins.

638g
    632g
    632g
    629g
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Naturally Organic
    2 Panaracer Rampage 2.35" (List: 800g) Actual: 717g & 739g

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Bontrager XR 2.25" TLR

Front: 714gr
    Rear: 704gr

Too bad, because they feel sooo good! I favor these over Racing Ralphs, if it were not for the weight. I feel terrible racing any tire above 600gr.

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by hootsmon

Hutchinson Python Air Light Tubeless Ready 29x2.10

• Pretty excited about this one
    • I think it's slipped 'under the radar'
    • The TLR bead looks promising
    • Mine weighed 648g
    The work pretty well, I used them quite a while with my Flows. My experience with these was much better than I had with the 26x2.3 Python I had on my smaller wheeled 5x5.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    29-2, first weight! (in this thread, that is)

608 and 613gr for the TLR Team Issue version. Quite light for that volume and TLR. I am curious about what they'll do on the trail.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenK
    29-2, first weight! (in this thread, that is)

608 and 613gr for the TLR Team Issue version. Quite light for that volume and TLR. I am curious about what they'll do on the trail.
    I marked your tires as "could not find" because neither of them appears on the website as you have them listed. is your 29-2 a 2.1" width?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The website is not very clear about them, but I suppose the 120tpi version actually is the Team Issue version. They are all TLR, according to the list of features. Yes, it is a 2.1". They all are.

http://www.bontrager.com/model/08763

Also check the Trek/Fisher site and zoom in on the bottom of the back wheel. It is this tire, apart from the 'prototype marks' ;-).

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...superflyelite/

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    WTB Weirwolf - 786gr
    WTB Vulpine - 556gr
    And today i weight my other tyres (but not all...)

WTB Vulpine - 613.8

WTB Weirwolf LT - 755.3
    WTB Weirwolf LT - 795.8

WTB Prowler SL - 706.4
    WTB Prowler SL - 722.6

WTB Stout - 939.9
    WTB Stout - 952.5

WTB Wolverine - 812.3
    WTB Wolverine - 799.5

Schwalbe Big Apple Liteskin (2.35) - 819.4
    Schwalbe Big Apple Liteskin (2.35) - 812.4

Nokian Extreme 294 (spiked) - 1188.4
    Nokian Extreme 294 (spiked) - 1138.4

Another one WV LT and Rampages - later.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Maxxis Ignitor 2.1" 60 tpi - 599 grams

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    And another one weirwolf lt - 767.2

mtbr member
    Fresh Rocket Rons- 520& 530g on Ultimate digital scale
    Maxxis Ardent (written in white, not green) 2.4- 860g

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    2 x Rocket Rons evo 2.25

518 & 530

Expert Crasher
    Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2 (prototype)

520.2, 513.4
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Panaracer Rampage - 761.6
    Panaracer Rampage - 736.6

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Got my IKON EXOs today=) Heavier than advertised but what tire isn't?

1) 601gr
    2) 598gr

Weighed them JUST the tires. No rubberbands or packaging...

Naturally Organic

Cool-blue Rhythm Here's 2 More Tires to Add...

Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    Heavier than advertised but what tire isn't?
    These Schwalbes are at or lighter than claimed...

Schwalbe Furious Fred 2.0 (Claimed: 335g / Actual: 335g)

Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO / SnakeSkin 2.25 (Claimed: 635g / Actual: 622g)

Weighed them JUST the tires. No rubberbands or packaging...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Ignitor EXO - 599g

No longer 26
    Ride report? How about casing width/height after being inflated awhile? Thanks
    G

Quote Originally Posted by slalomnorth65
    Bontrager 29-0 29x1.9"
    Front: 425 grams
    Rear: 424 grams
    I shall also note that they setup tubeless extremely easy using xxx lite wheels and stan's juice. Have not tried them yet let me know if you'd like a ride report.
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

Trail Junkie

Raven 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by F5000sl
    Not to be a downer, but how can NoTubes tires even be considered mtb tires? It's easy to be light when you don't have any rubber knobs.
    I run Raven 2.2s front and rear. I don't ride plush smooth singletrack, its all rocks, coral, gravel roots, wet and dry..and these tires have been absolutely fantastic! They are super fast, and have a lot more grip than you would be led to believe. They do slide out a little bit in gravel on tight turns, but pretty much everything does it on those sections. They also like to slide out on the nasty greasey black mud...but so does everything else. I think the key to those tires is the right PSI. Too high, they will slide, too low, you'll start hearing and feeling rim dings. I run mine at 24-25psi, weigh 175lb. and these things are very predictable, very fast, and very comfortable. They have pretty much all the grip I need! There is only a handful of times where I didn't feel confident with the tires is the times mentioned, and on really tight descending switchbacks that are really sketchy.
    Ibis Ripley LS
    Intense Spider 29 C
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc
    Spech Tricross Expert
    Raleigh RX 1.0

mtbr member
    set of crossmark

Just Ride!
    Subscribed... Already looking to replace my two week old Python/Toro combo.

Should have listened to the reviews.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    IRC Mythos XC II front, 29 X 2.1, folding: 637 g and 638 g

Maxxis Ignitor, 29 X 2.1, folding, 60 tpi: 609 g

Maxxis Ardent, 29 X 2.25: 757 g

Maxxis Ardent, 29 X 2.4: 819 g

mtbr member
    New Maxxis IKON (non EXO) = 533 g

Running it in the rear on a hardtail. Traction and comfort blows away the Crossmark it replaced (admittedly that one was about end of life). The Crossmark was 591 g

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Michelin XC AT 29 X 2.0, folding: 677 g

Harmonius Wrench
    Bontrager 29-4

890gm
    880gm
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

MSH
    mtbr member
    Looks like I got a heavy one in comparison to others here....

Racing Ralph 2.4 - 635g

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G.
    Michelin XC AT 29 X 2.0, folding: 677 g
    Where did you source the XC AT? I'm having issues locating any. I believe they are discontinued, so has been a challenge finding any.

MTB B'dos
    I highly doubt that you'll find any, except maybe in an actual shop that might happen to have some left over. They were blown out last year pretty much everywhere, I picked up 4 from REI and glad I did, they make an axcellent all round rear tyre, setup tubeless really easy.

Where did you source the XC AT? I'm having issues locating any. I believe they are discontinued, so has been a challenge finding any.
    MTB Barbados

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Got it on ebay.

change is good
    Sep 2004
    2 Bontrager Team Issue FR3s - 903,929 (clarified)
    Geax AKA TNT - 741
    Last edited by DrDon; 11-29-2010 at 08:00 PM.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDon
    2 Bontrager FR3s - 903,929
    If there are multiple versions of the tire, please specify which one it it. I'm assuming these are Team Issue (120 tpi)

MSH
    mtbr member
    Conti Mtn King 2.4's - 776 & 770

transmitter~receiver
    Geax AKA 2.2 Folding
    advertised at 650g
    burly sidewalls for a tubetype casing and set-up tubeless flawlessly with zero weeping.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    2011 Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29x2.25", Pace Star tubeless ready tires (2): 528g and 542g

Pretty good, especially if the new bead is better (although I never had a single issue with the old style).

mtbr member
    I also just got a set of the new Rocket Rons. Inflated them with a floor pump and the bead sits tighter than the Captain Control. I managed to shave over 3/4 of a pound with these tires.

Ibis Mojo HD3 - Norco Torrent 7.1

MTB B'dos
    Curious, how do those sidewalls feel, like 100g paper or 160g? Unless you plan on running em tubed or in just buff trails, those Schwalbe EVO sidewalls are too thin, won't waste money on anything from them again unless it's Snakeskin.

Quote Originally Posted by killjoyken
    I also just got a set of the new Rocket Rons. Inflated them with a floor pump and the bead sits tighter than the Captain Control. I managed to shave over 3/4 of a pound with these tires.
    MTB Barbados

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 243