Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
Results 1,751 to 1,796 of 1796
    Huckin' trails
    Thanks, that's in the ballpark of what I thought trying to fix the rim. I think I would use a strap and ratchet clamping instead of the c-clamp with a stiff support to even the rim wall pressure. I'll check the superglue/epoxy stuff I have. I also have fiberglass resin, maybe I could stick a patch of fiberglass and resin over the fix afterward ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    after fixing a carbon rim, when you inflate the tire, it can make the rim un even.
    so do all the truing after you inflate it.

Huckin' trails

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim

Thanks for the head-up.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Off the back...
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Has anyone successfully repaired or "patched" a carbon forger rim sidewall crack due to a hit on a rock (or concrete square angle sidewall for my matter) ? I'll have to relace a new rim, since I wanna run tubeless, but I'd like to keep the old rim and built it into a commuting wheel or something like that, since it's obviously not about to fail and only needs a "carbon band-aid"
    I need to do this as well. I was going to use JB Weld, clamp what I could and then sand it down until it matches the intact sections. I really like JB Weld.
    @pinkrobeyyc
    #pinkrobeyyc

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Hi Shredman, I have a doubt that you can resolve I think:

I want to purchase for a LB wheelset to mount on my Ibis mojo 160 26". What kind of width rim do you recomend me?

38mm - 31.6mm inner ?
    33mm - 27 mm inner ?

Now I saw that Ibis Wheels are made with 41mm - 35mm inner , and they put a smaller tyre, because the wide rim gives more volume to the wheel. They say this is a setup for AM/Enduro riding... But I don't know.

For riding AM/Enduro and a couple times in Bikepark on summer, what type of wheel do you think is the best choice for me? I am 70kg weight.

(Sorry for my english, I am improving...)

Many thanks!

jmz

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jmzstyle View Post

I want to purchase for a LB wheelset to mount on my Ibis mojo 160 26". What kind of width rim do you recomend me?

38mm - 31.6mm inner ?
    33mm - 27 mm inner ?

Now I saw that Ibis Wheels are made with 41mm - 35mm inner , and they put a smaller tyre, because the wide rim gives more volume to the wheel. They say this is a setup for AM/Enduro riding... But I don't know.

For riding AM/Enduro and a couple times in Bikepark on summer, what type of wheel do you think is the best choice for me? I am 70kg weight.

Many thanks!

jmz
    I'm running 33mm LB wheels on my HDR
    26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-20141110_221634.jpg26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-20141110_221804.jpg

Your tire/wheel clearance on the Mojo with a 41mm size is going to push it. It's a tight fit on mine with 2.4's in that rear triangle

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    oww this mojo is amazing!

Which tyres are you setting up?

It's correct to think this? :

Wider rim (31.6mm inner) = more tyre volume = Can put 2.3" tyre and will be like 2,5" with less weight, so you can climb as fine as 27mm wide rim, with much grip on descending.

So, 31.6mm is better than 27mm in all aspects?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    oww this mojo is amazing!

Which tyres are you setting up?

It's correct to think this? :

Wider rim (31.6mm inner) = more tyre volume = Can put 2.3" tyre and will be like 2,5" with less weight, so you can climb as fine as 27mm wide rim, with much grip on descending.

So, 31.6mm is better than 27mm in all aspects?

Thanks!
    2.4 Conti trail kings on 33mm LB rims. I'll let someone else chime in on all your calculations, too much math for me to be honest. For AM/Enduro riding though, I wouldn't go with less than the 33mm wide rims.

mtbr member

38mm - 31.6mm inner ?
    33mm - 27 mm inner ?

Many thanks!

jmz

I have both and really love both. As long as you have clearance you can run either. I use my 33's for AM and I use my 38's for parks or knarley DH. The 33's are about 50g per rim lighter than the 38's so 100 lighter for the set. You can use either one and you can't go wrong with either one.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Question to those that might know? Looking at buying a front and building it up for mainly XC and trail riding on my 29 HT. I'm a big guy (220lbs) but not into big air, maybe occasional 1-2 ft drops but even those are usually cause I wasn't paying attention. I want better traction on the downhill and was thinking the wider rim might be the answer.
    Currently run Stan's Arch and tried a larger Continental up front and loved the grip but not the weight.
    So question is will these work for me? Any comments or suggestions? I'm looking at the the AM rims for a bit more strength.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by MTB Dad View Post
    Question to those that might know? Looking at buying a front and building it up for mainly XC and trail riding on my 29 HT. I'm a big guy (220lbs) but not into big air, maybe occasional 1-2 ft drops but even those are usually cause I wasn't paying attention. I want better traction on the downhill and was thinking the wider rim might be the answer.
    Currently run Stan's Arch and tried a larger Continental up front and loved the grip but not the weight.
    So question is will these work for me? Any comments or suggestions? I'm looking at the the AM rims for a bit more strength.
    38mm is pretty big. I have 33mms and they are plenty wide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Has somebody mounted 2.3 tyres like maxxis minion on a 38mm (31.6 inner) bike?

How does it feel? Can climb and roll fast on ascends?

I think 2.5 tyre on 38mm rim will push up my rear triangle

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

Yes. The 2.3 minion on a 38mm is a great combo. The minion super tacky is my all time favorite tire, However, beware the single ply. I had a few punctures last year that cost me an entire race weekend. If the carcass was a little thicker it would be the only tire I ever bought. The rounded profile is perfect for the new, wide rim movement.

mtbr member

What r u using it for? Unless your using it for XC, I wouldn't run the 2.35's. The minions run a little small and on the 38 tend to flatten the profile. If u want to run minion's, I would go with a DHF 2.5 front and rear. More traction, more cush better handling.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

Huckin' trails

I finally had my hookless 33mm rim laced to replace the first gen 33mm rear rim that cracked last summer. The rim has a slightly better finishing than the clincher one, I would guess the solid rim beads are easier to manufacture and cleaner to do too. However, the hookless rim has a bigger ERTO than the ones I had, because the same tire fits very tightly, to the point where I can't even rotate the tire on the rim, even when it's in the middle channel. The tire did air up very nicely (using mold latex and homebrew sealant) and seated right away. I have an amateur snow race on sunday where I'll try it out, should be fun !

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    What r u using it for? Unless your using it for XC, I wouldn't run the 2.35's. The minions run a little small and on the 38 tend to flatten the profile. If u want to run minion's, I would go with a DHF 2.5 front and rear. More traction, more cush better handling.

Hi guys! I already have my LB 38mm 26". I only ride it once time on mud conditions but I feel the front wheel is too weight, but it is lighter than my old front wheel.. Is this for the flatten profile? I ride with minions 2.3 .
    Is there another tyre with more rounded profile and same weight?

thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    some photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-image.jpg  

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hi guys! I already have my LB 38mm 26". I only ride it once time on mud conditions but I feel the front wheel is too weight, but it is lighter than my old front wheel.. Is this for the flatten profile? I ride with minions 2.3 .
    Is there another tyre with more rounded profile and same weight?

thanks!
    Lol, your joking right? It's heavy from the mud!
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Lol, your joking right? It's heavy from the mud!
    haha noo I felt this before riding into the mud ,

I will try another time this weekend. I think I'll need some rides to get used with this wheels, never used tubeless and low presures before

mtbr member
    haha noo I felt this before riding into the mud ,

I will try another time this weekend. I think I'll need some rides to get used with this wheels, never used tubeless and low presures before

What pressure are u running? I weigh about 175-180 geared up and I run 20-22 up front and 26-28 in the back.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    +1
    Most 2.4's / 2.5's tyres are designed for narrower rims so designs with a rounded crown work better.
    I am running 38's with Minion 2.5 DHF and it's perfect match.
    I am now also running 2.35 Hans Dampf (ironically a bit wider than the Minion) on the rear and also very happy with it, blew on easy with a hand pump.

Note to those questioning 33 or 38, and whether 38's would fit: some of my tyres have actually measured narrower on the wide rims, depending on the 'edge knob' shape and location on the tyre carcass.

mtbr member
    May 2015

Maxxis Minion 2.5 problem fitting light bicycle carbon rim

Has anyone used Maxxis Minion DHF Supertacky UST 2.5 on 26" Light Bicycle carbon rims? I had to fight to get it on the rim and using clamps was the only way to squeeze it on. Then I used up to 100psi initial pressure to try to get it to pop up from the rim inner channel onto the bead channels but the diameter of the tire just seems a little too small and I couldn't get it to seat in the bead channels all the way around. I easily mounted a Maxxis Ardent 2.4, Specialized Butcher SX 2.3, and Specialized Purgatory 2.2 tires on the same rim. The rim I have is their "all mountain" (33mm outer 27mm inner). The Minion was not a new tire as I've had it mounted on Roval Traverse (aluminum) and Roval Traverse SL (carbon) rims in the past and it's been used for about 15 to 20 days at the downhill park so I would think it would be stretched a little. Has anyone else had similar problems?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pb123hou View Post
    Has anyone used Maxxis Minion DHF Supertacky UST 2.5 on 26" Light Bicycle carbon rims? I had to fight to get it on the rim and using clamps was the only way to squeeze it on. Then I used up to 100psi initial pressure to try to get it to pop up from the rim inner channel onto the bead channels but the diameter of the tire just seems a little too small and I couldn't get it to seat in the bead channels all the way around. I easily mounted a Maxxis Ardent 2.4, Specialized Butcher SX 2.3, and Specialized Purgatory 2.2 tires on the same rim. The rim I have is their "all mountain" (33mm outer 27mm inner). The Minion was not a new tire as I've had it mounted on Roval Traverse (aluminum) and Roval Traverse SL (carbon) rims in the past and it's been used for about 15 to 20 days at the downhill park so I would think it would be stretched a little. Has anyone else had similar problems?

I have the 33's and 38's and I've had 2.5 Minnion DHF EXO's, (not the UST) on both rims with no problems. Are they steel bead or folding? Maybe the UST's are tighter since they use more rubber on the casing. Did u try some soap and water on the beads during mounting? Before I mount the tires, I let them, (the tires, not the rims) heat up in the sun so the rubber expands and becomes more plyable. Just curious, why UST? They're heavier than the tubeless ready EXO ones. Be careful with the rims and that much pressure too. They have a 80 PSI max rating.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I have the 33's and 38's and I've had 2.5 Minnion DHF EXO's, (not the UST) on both rims with no problems. Are they steel bead or folding? Maybe the UST's are tighter since they use more rubber on the casing. Did u try some soap and water on the beads during mounting? Before I mount the tires, I let them, (the tires, not the rims) heat up in the sun so the rubber expands and becomes more plyable. Just curious, why UST? They're heavier than the tubeless ready EXO ones. Be careful with the rims and that much pressure too. They have a 80 PSI max rating.
    I believe mine are the steal bead. I ordered it from Amazon a while back and it came in a box big enough for the whole tire to fit in - so it was not folded in any way. I've had this tire on 2 different Roval Traverse rims with 22mm internal (clincher), and it worked great. Maybe the rim bed diameter on this LB rim is slightly more. I did try soap and water. I don't see tubeless ready or EXO listed under the 'Tech' column on the Maxxis website for Minion DHF's. It also shows all wire except for one foldable under the 'Bead' column. The only tubeless ready (TR) shown under the 'Tech' column are 29er tires. Both 27.5 options show Wire only in the 'Bead' column. Maybe I will try to find the one with the Foldable 'Bead' option, but that also shows UST. I think just having the Wire bead is the problem because it's unable to stretch but not sure. I was only using 100 psi setting on my compressor just to try to get the started.

mtbr member
    I believe mine are the steal bead. I ordered it from Amazon a while back and it came in a box big enough for the whole tire to fit in - so it was not folded in any way. I've had this tire on 2 different Roval Traverse rims with 22mm internal (clincher), and it worked great. Maybe the rim bed diameter on this LB rim is slightly more. I did try soap and water. I don't see tubeless ready or EXO listed under the 'Tech' column on the Maxxis website for Minion DHF's. It also shows all wire except for one foldable under the 'Bead' column. The only tubeless ready (TR) shown under the 'Tech' column are 29er tires. Both 27.5 options show Wire only in the 'Bead' column. Maybe I will try to find the one with the Foldable 'Bead' option, but that also shows UST. I think just having the Wire bead is the problem because it's unable to stretch but not sure. I was only using 100 psi setting on my compressor just to try to get the started.

Yea, that steel isn't going to stretch. Here is a link for the Folding DHF EXO. These will be way lighter and easier to mount. They also have 2 ply folding on the same site if u want something heavier.

Maxxis Minion DHF Exo 26x2.5 Tire | 60a | 3C | single ply
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Yea, that steel isn't going to stretch. Here is a link for the Folding DHF EXO. These will be way lighter and easier to mount. They also have 2 ply folding on the same site if u want something heavier.

Maxxis Minion DHF Exo 26x2.5 Tire | 60a | 3C | single ply
    Thanks for the link, but I was looking for the Minion with the downhill casings and supertacky. I love the tire I have 2.5, DH cas., Supertacky, UST.. it just does not want to mount good on these rims. Maxxis has a Minion DHF tire that is the same thing (Supertacky, DH Casings, UST) and also 2.5 but it's foldable instead of wire bead. I found one and ordered it with the hope that the non wire bead will allow just enough stretching for it to mount right - will post back with results. By the way, on the Product Q & A tab on that link at Price Point they say that tire is not tubeless compatible.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link, but I was looking for the Minion with the downhill casings and supertacky. I love the tire I have 2.5, DH cas., Supertacky, UST.. it just does not want to mount good on these rims. Maxxis has a Minion DHF tire that is the same thing (Supertacky, DH Casings, UST) and also 2.5 but it's foldable instead of wire bead. I found one and ordered it with the hope that the non wire bead will allow just enough stretching for it to mount right - will post back with results. By the way, on the Product Q & A tab on that link at Price Point they say that tire is not tubeless compatible.
    Glad u found what u were looking for. However they are tubeless compatible. I've been running them since 2006 tubeless without issue and you save a bunch of rotating weight by running the non UST version. But if your just using them for DH it doesn't matter too much. Just accelerating or braking is easier with a lighter wheel. The folding should mount a lot easier though.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Glad u found what u were looking for. However they are tubeless compatible. I've been running them since 2006 tubeless without issue and you save a bunch of rotating weight by running the non UST version. But if your just using them for DH it doesn't matter too much. Just accelerating or braking is easier with a lighter wheel. The folding should mount a lot easier though.
    That Q & A page on that link is just stating what Maxxis says about those tires. On the Maxxis website there are matrix's for every model tire and all the variations for each model. Most of their tires do not have the 'TR' (tubeless ready) designation, some do. Maxxis does not designate them as tubeless ready, (or UST either). Of course UST is the Universal Standard for Tubeless tires and I'm sure Maxxis's 'TR' is their proprietary tubeless tire design, just like Specialized's for instance has their proprietary tubeless design called '2 Bliss', as other manufacturers have theirs.
    I'm not sure what exactly the difference is that sets Maxxis's 'TR' tires apart from those that aren't. I'm also not saying those that aren't can't be used in a tubeless setup. But the proprietary tubeless designs follow the manufacturers specs and tests for tubeless use just as all UST tires have to conform to the Universal Standard. All those tires that don't meet either requirement are then designated as "not tubeless compatible". It legally helps cover the tire manufacturer if someone breaks their neck on a tire that isn't "tubeless compatible". And it also costs less to make the "not tubeless compatible" tires. Since I plan to start using Maxxis tires a lot more, I'm going to call and find out the specific difference between 'TR' and 'Not TR' - I would suspect that the difference is mostly or all In the bead, but I'll post what they tell me for anyone that is interested in knowing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Hi,

I've mounted LB 38mm rims on my bike a few months ago with a new Maxxis minion DHF Supertacky 2.3 on front and DHR 2.3 on rear.

I feel I need more grip on front, because on gravel and flat terrain it slides more than my old rims with a HRoller's.

Yesterday the front tyre was cutted by a rock, so now I want to prove some new tyre.

I am thinking about minion DHF 2.5 UST but the weight penalty is important. (860g vs 1180g aprox).

There's another tyre, Hans Dampf 2.35 with in 860g. This tyre has a good balloon so I think it would be a good choice.

What do you think about it? Any recomendations?

Type of terrain: any type..rocks, roots, and some gravel. 70% of year in dry conditions 30% wet.

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Hi,

I've mounted LB 38mm rims on my bike a few months ago with a new Maxxis minion DHF Supertacky 2.3 on front and DHR 2.3 on rear.

I feel I need more grip on front, because on gravel and flat terrain it slides more than my old rims with a HRoller's.

Yesterday the front tyre was cutted by a rock, so now I want to prove some new tyre.

I am thinking about minion DHF 2.5 UST but the weight penalty is important. (860g vs 1180g aprox).

There's another tyre, Hans Dampf 2.35 with in 860g. This tyre has a good balloon so I think it would be a good choice.

What do you think about it? Any recomendations?

Type of terrain: any type..rocks, roots, and some gravel. 70% of year in dry conditions 30% wet.

Thanks!!
    I have the DHF EXO 2.5 (not UST, it's a lot lighter than the UST) and I also have the Hans Dampf. I like both, but the Hans is lighter and hooks up better on hard pack. The Hans also has a rounder profile and larger casing than the DHF, so even though it's a 2.35, it's bigger than the 2.5 Minion.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Hi Shred, thanks for your response

You run a non UST tyre as tubeless? It need more liquid sealant?

I think both tyres are similar..
    On terms of durability, I heard that HD is bad.

If I can mount minion 2.5 without UST as a tubeless tyre I will try it

Thx!

mtbr member

Thx!

I've been running tubeless for about 7 years and I've never used a UST tire. Most tires now a days are tubeless ready. UST is an old standard that is just not necessary. UST tires are a lot heavier and it kind of defeats the weight advantage of running tubeless. I use 2oz of Stan's in each wheel.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Thx!
    The HD has durability issues as a rear tire but it is not as bad as a front tire.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    The HD has durability issues as a rear tire but it is not as bad as a front tire.
    I think a lot of schwalbes are known to have durability/longevity issues. I believe due to the soft compounds they use, and light(ish) casings. They provide great traction but at the disadvantage of a shorter lifespan.

bike rider
    WTB Breakout in 2.3 or 2.5 Tough Casing. High Grip rubber front, Fast Rolling rear. End of tire discussion. I use the 2.5s on my Nomad and 2.3s on my 5010.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    But they don't make those in 26" do they?
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

bike rider
    Oh yeah, I forgot this was the 26" thread. Sold those rims for pennies on the dollar on ebay. 26" users are killing it in the used market. Not doing so well in the tire market. I'm trying to keep our shop stocked but the supply of 26" tires is dwindling by the week.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot this was the 26" thread. Sold those rims for pennies on the dollar on ebay. 26" users are killing it in the used market. Not doing so well in the tire market. I'm trying to keep our shop stocked but the supply of 26" tires is dwindling by the week.

LOL, I've stocked up and don't ever plan on selling my 26". I've got about 10 new sets on hand that I picked up on sale. Schwalbe, Maxxis, Onza and others. My supply should last awhile.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Are any of the Chinese manufacturers building a 26" rim with offset/angled spoke drilling?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thanks for the link, but I was looking for the Minion with the downhill casings and supertacky. I love the tire I have 2.5, DH cas., Supertacky, UST.. MRR wheels it just does not want to mount good on these rims. Maxxis has a Minion DHF tire that is the same thing (Supertacky, DH Casings, UST) and also 2.5 but it's foldable instead of wire bead. I found one and ordered it with the hope that the non wire bead will allow just enough stretching esm wheels for it to mount right - will post back with results. By the way, on the Product Q & A tab on that link at Price Point they say that tire is not tubeless compatible.
    Thank you for info! help a lot!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Are any of the Chinese manufacturers building a 26" rim with offset/angled spoke drilling?
    Derby is. Not sure about LB.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Hi ppl!

Wich kind of tape do you use to run LB Rims tubeless?

I've installed the XSauce tape in 23mm wide option. My rims are LB 26" 38mm outer, 33mm inner.

I'm not sure about if this is the good tape because there are air loss in the spoke holes.

Any opinion about this? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Hi ppl!

I've installed the XSauce tape in 23mm wide option. My rims are LB 26" 38mm outer, 33mm inner.

I'm not sure about if this is the good tape because there are air loss in the spoke holes.

12mm Stan's. It covers the channel only, not the rim bed so the tire is easier to mount and the tape doesn't get messed up when u change tires.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    You can also use 18mm wide strapping tape.
    2012 Trek Remedy 9 (Syntace W35 MX 26er Rims-CKing Hubs)
    2015 Giant Anthem 1 27.5 (SX), Wife, (Arc 27 Rims_Project321Hubs)

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Hi ppl!

I've had to be very diligent (overly diligent I think) with applying the dedicated tubeless tapes. I've repeatedly used Gorilla tape and installation could not be easier. Slightly heavier, but easier to apply, more consistent results, extremely durable and cheap. Its a great option.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I've had to be very diligent (overly diligent I think) with applying the dedicated tubeless tapes. I've repeatedly used Gorilla tape and installation could not be easier. Slightly heavier, but easier to apply, more consistent results, extremely durable and cheap. Its a great option.
    Gorilla tape does work well and it is easy to use. In fact, here is a quote from a pinkbike tech article:

The CEO of One of the world's most prestigious carbon wheel makers mentioned that they tested a number of wheel sealing tapes and discovered that over-the-counter Gorilla Tape performed better than anything they found. The wheel maker ships its tubeless wheels with Gorilla Tape - albeit, custom cut and rolled to exact specifications - but Gorilla Tape nonetheless.

This article explains how to get a wider roll the exact width of your rim: Tech Tuesday: Gorilla Tape Tubeless Conversion - Pinkbike

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536