Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 1796
    bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Hey folks -

OK, so now I truly do have a serious issue. I got both my tires mounted, Stan's thrown in, beads set, and inflated. Now to throw on my XX1 cassette. Wellllllll........I don't think this is right what LB put on my hub. The hub clearly says "For SRAM 11S", but the notch spacing isn't correct. Either that, or my XX1 cassette isn't correct (which doesn't seem to be the case, because all pics I can find online show the cassette has even spacing throughout the ring). The hub appears to have even spacing for like 90%, but then there's this one space where the notch is wider than all the rest. Can anyone just see from these pics which is wrong here: the hub driver or the cassette?

Attachment 928887Attachment 928888Attachment 928889Attachment 928890Attachment 928891
    See how the ridge is narrower right next to where the slot is wider? That should make it so there is no real difference and the cassette should press o to the splines fine. There will be a slight gap there but it's not on the pressure side so no worries. Why Novatec put that wider gap/narrower spline I have no idea.
    Keep the Country country.

Huckin' trails
    So after a rough and fun fall ride under the rain today, I cracked my rear rim (33mm undrilled clincher rim) while riding home on the concrete border of the bike path and there was a 1' gap due to road work and my rear wheel hit the corner pretty hard (my rear shock was also overly stiff due to a leaking negative air chamber). It cracked only on the left side, didn't pinched the tube (yay) and about 1/2" along a 20° angle, maybe 1mm edge along the crack. I was able to make it home without problem and the wheel seems fine to keep riding, but I'll check it properly later on.

Good news, I have a new hookless 33mm rim laying around from a warranty replacement (the rim plug failed on that same rim and I got LB to send me a new rim for it for $40 shipping), so I'll finally get to play around with hookless technology ! The damaged rim is most likely to be repaired and gonna keep it as a spare. I've been wondering what the heck I was gonna do with that spare hookless rim haha
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Do Nothing

33mm wide 26er, hookless, UD matte and 32H, with Yeti Turquoise decal

I received my rims after 16 days and had them built by a local builder with a good reputation. However, he gave me the stink eye about the poor quality of the rims, especially around the ERD measurement. I had them built with black Hope Pro2 EVO hubs, black DT spokes and silver nipples, and Hope floating rotors.

I had LB do the LB decal in Yeti turquoise and gave them the RBM code from the Yeti forum. As you can see, the rims are more green and the frame is more blue. Oh well, once the dust gets on the rims it won't matter. I used the 25 mm wide Gorilla tape, Stans sealant, and 44mm Stans road valves. My Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.3 UST tires mounted up with no problems. I was expecting to wrestle with them after reading some posts. I was really surprised at how beefy the tires look on the wider rim. I am a bit concerned about tire rub on the rear triangle but we'll see.

I had problems with the spacing of the front hub. The XTR brake caliper won't center on the rotor and rubs on the inner pad. For some reason, the Hope hub and rotor are not the same width as the old XTR wheelset. I ultimately put some Shimano 6 bolt spacers between the rotor and the hub. After that, the rivets (I don't know what else to call them) on the Hope floating disc rubbed on the XTR post mount. I filed it down a bit and ultimately got it to work.

I spent most of Sunday farting around with the brakes so no real ride report as of yet. The wheel builder did say he wants me to check in with him often so he can see how the wheelset is holding up.
    26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-20141020_130509.jpg

mtbr member
    Stink eye, eh?! But he wants you to report back.......thinkin maybe he should get a set!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    That yeti looks sick!

Do Nothing
    Stink eye may be a bit too strong but he was dubious about the quality and long-term durability. As noted in this thread, for $170 each I like this rim over the $1k Enve no doubt.
    Last edited by Tantrum; 10-21-2014 at 01:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
    Stink eye maybe a bit too strong but he was dubious about the quality and long-term durability. As noted in this thread, for $170 each I like this rim over the $1k Enve no doubt.
    My LBS did the same to me when I brought mine in to build. Jerk offs. All they cared about was "what brand are these".... pretentious douche bags. I've never been back since. There will ALWAYS be a subset of consumers that, at their core, overpaying for a brand name is the only way you'll get a quality product. Those wheels look badass,

mtbr member
    Plus a friend of a friend has blown up 3 enve rims. I was dubious as well from the start but they have proven themselves to me as an excellent choice. Fact is everything seems to be going carbon and prices will continue to be blown out of proportion until the market fully embraces the technology. I met a guy who just bought carbon rotors for his & his sons downhill bikes - FOR @ $600 !!!! EACH SET!!

mtbr member
    My LBS did the same to me when I brought mine in to build. Jerk offs. All they cared about was "what brand are these".... pretentious douche bags. I've never been back since.
    There are to many LBS's that feel they are entitled to your money. Those are the shops I will never support

bike rider
    You say he specifically mentioned the ERD. Did he say it was inconsistent? Did it not match the stated ERD? I've had no problem with spoke length using the stated ERD and DT spoke calculator.

Do Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    You say he specifically mentioned the ERD. Did he say it was inconsistent? Did it not match the stated ERD? I've had no problem with spoke length using the stated ERD and DT spoke calculator.
    Yes, inconsistent ERD. He said the spoke tension was not consistent for the spokes of the same length.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
    Yes, inconsistent ERD. He said the spoke tension was not consistent for the spokes of the same length.
    No such problem with mine.

mtbr member
    Me neither. He's prob just trying to find something to gripe about. Sounds like he's reaching.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    I will say however.......

I was having a hell of a time getting tires on mine, and that is putting it VERY MILDLY )broke several tire levers). So I put tubeless tape on (running tubes) for their thin nature. And while looking at the rim standing on edge I noticed it seemed taller on one side than the other. Putting a level on it verified my observation. Measuring one side against the other backed it up. One side of my rim has a smaller diameter than the other. So installing the tire from the "short" side was MUCH easier. In fact I got it on without the use of a tire lever. I DID use a couple of other strategies not previously used as well.

mtbr member
    hi guys

I'm using LB carbon rims for 2 years now
    on my DH and on my AM bikes.
    broke 4 rims already (always the rear rims).
    LB are great and sent me warranty rims (only paid for shipment )
    I see that now they have the wider hook-less rims.
    are they any stronger?
    do you have any ride time with them?
    do you race? ride fast enough to check if they are really stronger?
    I race. and brook the rims when using 35 PSI.... so its not a problem of low air pressure.

thanks

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim

My LBS did the same to me when I brought mine in to build. Jerk offs. All they cared about was "what brand are these".... pretentious douche bags. I've never been back since. There will ALWAYS be a subset of consumers that, at their core, overpaying for a brand name is the only way you'll get a quality product. Those wheels look badass,
    Takes a lot of nerve for someone paying half price to get on a high horse when you try to save some dough.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Re: 26in chinese carbon all mountain rim

Quote Originally Posted by saruti View Post
    hi guys

I'm using LB carbon rims for 2 years now
    on my DH and on my AM bikes.
    broke 4 rims already (always the rear rims).
    LB are great and sent me warranty rims (only paid for shipment )
    I see that now they have the wider hook-less rims.
    are they any stronger?
    do you have any ride time with them?
    do you race? ride fast enough to check if they are really stronger?
    I race. and brook the rims when using 35 PSI.... so its not a problem of low air pressure.

thanks
    How much do you weigh? That's crazy, 4 wheels. I should learn to build wheels

mtbr member
    I weight 70kg
    I build my wheels. (and my friends wheels )

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Just an update on my wheels, 33mm AM hookless. I'd guess they have at least 1500 miles on them this year. Not a single issue, although i am sure to keep the rear near 30psi(front 28ish) as i ride pretty fast through rocky terrain. This is probably a good policy in my experience and not unique to carbon wheels.

The wheels have been on all of the double diamonds at keystone bike park (3 days), trestle bike park(3 days), kokomo pass downhill, starvation and greens creek off of monarch, white ranch on a regular basis and Apex 3-4 times a week. Those of you on the front range in CO will probably know these trails but for those who dont, they are generally pretty chunky and fast trails. These wheels are not babied, i charge rock gardens without reservation.

The wheels have exceeded my expectations and I will buy another set without hesitation whenever I need another set of rims built up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I built both of my wheels back in May of this year. AM 33mm hook-less
    I unfortunately cracked the sidewall of my front wheel during a relatively innocent rub with a rock. The rear on the other hand has held up quite nicely riding through rocky terrain and in Finale Ligure earlier this month. Rode the EWS trails and freeride/DH and the wheel works as good as ever (needs some slight truing though).

I contacted LB concerning my front wheel and they were adamant not to warranty it or consider a crash replacement. I was pretty disappointed because it was really not a big hit whatsoever. I replaced it with a Syntace 40mm wheel and it served me super well in Finale and till now (less than a month old)
    Unless my rear wheel survives at least 2 years, I will not be buying LB/Carbon rims again. I weigh 75kg and not really fast

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by mahrous View Post
    I built both of my wheels back in May of this year. AM 33mm hook-less
    I unfortunately cracked the sidewall of my front wheel during a relatively innocent rub with a rock. The rear on the other hand has held up quite nicely riding through rocky terrain and in Finale Ligure earlier this month. Rode the EWS trails and freeride/DH and the wheel works as good as ever (needs some slight truing though).

I contacted LB concerning my front wheel and they were adamant not to warranty it or consider a crash replacement. I was pretty disappointed because it was really not a big hit whatsoever. I replaced it with a Syntace 40mm wheel and it served me super well in Finale and till now (less than a month old)
    Unless my rear wheel survives at least 2 years, I will not be buying LB/Carbon rims again. I weigh 75kg and not really fast
    I had my rear 33mm hookless DH rim crack on a minor impact. I could see the rim cracking in the impact area, but to split on both sides. Needs more bonding agent IMHO.
    I think I finally am getting LB to warranty it after numerous emails and rants.
    It was on a DH bike running around 32 psi range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-1008140815.jpg  

Ibis HD3
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner WFO
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    well... it looks like you need more luck then strength with this rims....

mtbr member
    May 2013
    What worries me is I weigh 230 lbs.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

Quote Originally Posted by blcman View Post
    I had my rear 33mm hookless DH rim crack on a minor impact. I could see the rim cracking in the impact area, but to split on both sides. Needs more bonding agent IMHO.
    I think I finally am getting LB to warranty it after numerous emails and rants.
    It was on a DH bike running around 32 psi range.
    Yep, that's what mine looks like. However, truth be told i can take a lot of the blame. Low pressure, square edged hit. That said, if it was an AL rim I'd have dented it so I'm not necessarily saying carbon is worse.

Ultimately it comes to this...generally speaking, the same event will cause carbon to crack or AL to dent. We each need to decide for ourselves if the benefits of a lighter, stiffer carbon rim outweigh the extra expense of replacing it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    They told me 515 also. My LBS will confirm it before they build them. I'll let u know when I find out.
    Still eagerly awaiting confirmation of ERD on these 38mm rims. Is it truly 510mm?

Thanks for your time!

Andy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akrull View Post
    Still eagerly awaiting confirmation of ERD on these 38mm rims. Is it truly 510mm?

Thanks for your time!

Andy

My 38's are laced up already. I didn't ask my builder what the ERD was, but they used 248mm spokes. That's DT Supercomps laced to alloy nips and Hope's. I'm just waiting for my AC valve stems now. The wheel set came out to 1630g for the pair.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My 38's are laced up already. I didn't ask my builder what the ERD was, but they used 248mm spokes. That's DT Supercomps laced to alloy nips and Hope's. I'm just waiting for my AC valve stems now. The wheel set came out to 1630g for the pair.
    Perfect info. Thanks. That matches 510mm ERD.

Cheers,

AK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akrull View Post
    Perfect info. Thanks. That matches 510mm ERD.

Cheers,

AK
    NP, glad to help.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Ibis Mojo with LB wheels

I've had my new LB wheels on the bike for several weeks now, but the evaluation has been interrupted by my 3 week cycling trip in Northern Vietnam.

The need for wider wheels on the Ibis Mojo Lefty was sparked by my experience with my new Lynskey Pro650 Ti hardtail which I built up with American Classic Wide Lightning 32mm wide wheels. Combined with Maxxis Ikon 2.3 tyres with huge volume, these wheels were a revelation in plush precision, while running only 18/20psi for my 80kg weight. I just had to get wide rims on the Mojo and as AM don't make 26inch Wide Lightnings I went to LB.

The LB experience was very good, with Carolin replying promptly and patiently to my ever-changing requests over nearly 4 months of emails. Eventually I decided on 33mm wide tubeless (ie no spoke holes internally), hookless rims, glossy 3K finish, Circus Monkey Lefty front hub, Novatech D712 rear hub, 32 holes with Pillar Aero spokes, red alloy nipples. The wheels were built and dispatched in the time anticipated. Cost was $771 including freight and the Paypal 3.5% which LB charges back, $683 for the wheels alone.

The wheels were well packed and I was impressed by their lightness and their burly appearance. The weave is beautifully applied with a nearly invisible seam. Weight is 1470g, a reduction of 324g less than the Mavic X819/ Sun Ringle /Cannondale Omega wheels they are replacing.

I initially fitted them with used WTB Weirwolf 2.3 tyres and had trouble getting the beads to go over the rim in spite of plenty of soap and effort. I eventually resorted to a Michelin plastic lever which worked fine and did not leave any marks. The rim edges are quite thick and very strong. Must remember to take a lever on rides, because inserting a tube after a puncture will be impossible otherwise.

The beads snapped in with loud bangs once the compressor cut in. The rims held pressure with no latex for a couple of days while I sourced 44mm long Stans tubeless valves (the normal valves I had are too short for the depth of the rims). Tyre width increased by only a couple of mm but once finished and fitted to the bike the wheels looked huge, very black and very shiny. Impressive to say the least. Noise from the Novatech hub is refreshingly minimal compared with the loud buzz produced by the Sun Ringle.

I had been riding the old wheels on local singletrack to imprint the feel so that I could make an accurate comparison with the new wheels. However Nature had different ideas and a period of heavy rain then completely altered the track characteristics.

Using initial pressures of 22/24, the different feel of the bike still shone through, the front being much more solid and easier to lean on in the corners without washing out and running wide. The bike turns better and accelerates faster. The Ibis Mojo is already a very plush bike, but the greater air volume and the more supportive sidewalls gave an additional softness which was very evident. Softer and yet more solid: can this be possible? Grip seems infinite, much better whether clawing up rock steps or heading down over loose rocky track.

I noticed that the 2.3 Ikon measures nearly 15mm more than the 2.35 Weirwolf across the tread, bead to bead. This translates into even more volume so I fitted fatty Ikons . This has improved handling again, with lowered pressures and more steering accuracy.

I am convinced that wide rims, especially on a 27.5 wheel, will be the future standard and will negate the need for 29ers altogether except for XC racing. Who know what the eventual ideal width will be? Bill Shook of AM says no greater than 32mm but Ibis and Derby have gone with 40mm wide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-lb-ikons.jpg  

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-mojo-wheels.jpg  

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-lb-wheel.jpg  

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-lb-rim.jpg  

mtbr member
    My new 38's 1630g for the pair, (without tires of course). Nice and wide, looks like MX tires on them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-image.jpg  

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-image.jpg  

Last edited by Shredman69; 10-26-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    My order for NEXTIE bike 26in and 29in 35mm wide hookless rims came in yesterday (for a friend and myself). Quality looks amazing.

I went ahead and made ERD measurements on both versions, and the website listed ERD was 100% accurate (my ERD measuring setup only uses 12mm nipples, so the ERD listed on the website already has accurate measurements for 14mm nipples).

Sorry for the potato pic (and the angle looks funny, I promise the measurements are from opposing spoke holes....looks shifted here).

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-17igvze.jpg
    X-prezo Super-D, 26in style.

Do Nothing
    Hi again, I now have 10 rides on these rims and could not be happier. They feel really fast compared to my old XTR wheels. Now that they are dusty, the slight color variation from the frame to the rims is not noticeable. Flex is still an issue with the rear end but I hope to solve that with DT Swiss RWS Thru-Bolt Skewers front and rear. I started with a PSI of 27 as that is what I used on the XTRs and never had a problem with denting the scandium rims. I'm now down to 23 and will probably experiment lower as I have had no harsh hits. I've ridden some pretty rocky sections of track with square edged rocks and not had any problems. I've had quite a few rocks kick up and hit the rear rim with some minor cosmetic chipping. Now that I know the Nobby Nics mount so easily, I'll probably be more diligent in checking the rims for cracks and delamination.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I should be ordering a set of the nextie 40s the first week of December. I'm going to get the dh version as I'm about 6'3 & 245. I got my hubs this week. I'm using a dt swiss 350 rear and a spank 20mm front. I would really like to pre-order the spokes so I can lace them up as soon as I get back in town. Of the guys who have bought these rims how accurate is the erd

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tim300wsm View Post
    I should be ordering a set of the nextie 40s the first week of December. I'm going to get the dh version as I'm about 6'3 & 245. I got my hubs this week. I'm using a dt swiss 350 rear and a spank 20mm front. I would really like to pre-order the spokes so I can lace them up as soon as I get back in town. Of the guys who have bought these rims how accurate is the erd

I haven't used the 40s specifically, but both the 29in and 26in wheels I have ordered from Nextie Bike have had 100% accurate ERD measurements (the 35mm wide rims hookless rims). So just plug em in and order spokes.

yet another stupid german
    maybe I missed something along the way but can anybody comment on light-bicycles vs. nextie?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raschaa View Post
    maybe I missed something along the way but can anybody comment on light-bicycles vs. nextie?
    I haven't used LB personally, but after reading this whole thread, and other threads, I have heard a lot less about failures with regards to Nextie rims. That plus their website being nicer, and their response time to emails being much faster...I went with Nextie.

Do not regret it so far. Only have about 50 miles on my rims however.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nextie has a better warranty as well

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I need to get my hands on some 40 mm but its more cost effective for me to have them build the rim. . so far only lb ships them out built.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    4th ride on my Nextie 35mm hookless carbon wheelset I built up. I9 rear hub, BHS front hub. Sapim Race spokes, brass nipples. Burly yet light.

So far my first build is still 100% true and the wheelset is amazing. These pig heavy tires don't help, but once I wear through em I will grab some 2015 Nobby Nic's and lose another pound of rotational weight. But it is winter now and I need some traction in the sludge.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Received an email from light bicycle. They are having a sale on wheels if u buy in #s. The more the better discount. $10 off 2-4 per wheel. $20 off. Etc up to $40 off per wheel. Great to do a group buy on a large order of local guys. Split shipping. It'll be even cheaper!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=y0bailey;11587271]4th ride on my Nextie 35mm hookless carbon wheelset I built up. I9 rear hub, BHS front hub. Sapim Race spokes, brass nipples. Burly yet light. So far my first build is still 100% true and the wheelset is amazing. These pig heavy tires don't help, but once I wear through em I will grab some 2015 Nobby Nic's and lose another pound of rotational weight. But it is winter now and I need some traction in the sludge.

What was your wheel weight without tires?
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    [QUOTE=Shredman69;11587497]
    Quote Originally Posted by y0bailey View Post
    4th ride on my Nextie 35mm hookless carbon wheelset I built up. I9 rear hub, BHS front hub. Sapim Race spokes, brass nipples. Burly yet light.

So far my first build is still 100% true and the wheelset is amazing. These pig heavy tires don't help, but once I wear through em I will grab some 2015 Nobby Nic's and lose another pound of rotational weight. But it is winter now and I need some traction in the sludge.

What was your wheel weight without tires?
    Right around 1600 grams. I used the XC/AM rim for the front, and the AM rim for the back.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=y0bailey;11587502]

Right around 1600 grams. I used the XC/AM rim for the front, and the AM rim for the back.
    Nice! My LB 38's came out at 1620, but my LB 33's were 1520.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

Huckin' trails

Has anyone successfully repaired or "patched" a carbon forger rim sidewall crack due to a hit on a rock (or concrete square angle sidewall for my matter) ? I'll have to relace a new rim, since I wanna run tubeless, but I'd like to keep the old rim and built it into a commuting wheel or something like that, since it's obviously not about to fail and only needs a "carbon band-aid"
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Help! I've just got my LB 38's (32mm inner, 32mm depth) enduro downhill mtb 26er carbon rims 38mm wide hookless tubeless compatible strongest Light-Bicycle
    and can't find any tubeless valves long enough!
    I found some tubes with 48mm valves to get me riding, but desperately want to go tubeless!
    I have the longest 40-something valves from CRC but they both came in too short.

Anyone solved this problem before?
    As a last resort I can cannibalise some tubes for the valves but they don't have removal valves.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Get some valve extensions. Most are smooth outers but there are some which are threaded so you can tighten it down against the rim outside. Can't remember who make them but I know Hargrove cycles sell them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ruscle View Post

1pr Black 48mm Speed Evolution Alloy Tubeless Valve Stem Presta Removable Core | eBay

I have those and they work amazingly well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MinNZ View Post
    Help! I've just got my LB 38's (32mm inner, 32mm depth) enduro downhill mtb 26er carbon rims 38mm wide hookless tubeless compatible strongest Light-Bicycle
    and can't find any tubeless valves long enough!
    I found some tubes with 48mm valves to get me riding, but desperately want to go tubeless!
    I have the longest 40-something valves from CRC but they both came in too short.

Anyone solved this problem before?
    As a last resort I can cannibalise some tubes for the valves but they don't have removal valves.

American Classic or WTB both make 48mm long tubeless valve stems. Just go on eBay and search it. I run the American Classics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-image.jpg  

13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Has anyone successfully repaired or "patched" a carbon forger rim sidewall crack due to a hit on a rock (or concrete square angle sidewall for my matter) ? I'll have to relace a new rim, since I wanna run tubeless, but I'd like to keep the old rim and built it into a commuting wheel or something like that, since it's obviously not about to fail and only needs a "carbon band-aid"
    I cracked a sidewall kinda bad but not too bad. I dripped a lot of superglue in it and put a c-clamp on overnight. I then finished the enduro on it but replaced it when I got home. It's now a spare that will be used if I destroy a rim and am waiting for a replacement. Obviously every instance is different so use your judgement but in general epoxy or glue of some kind and squeezing delaminated layer together is the fix. I've never seen a rim professionally repaired like carbon frames are.

P.S. This was on a hookless rim so the c-clamp was just pushing 2 flat surfaces together. It's gonna be a lot trickier with the thinner and weirder shaped hooked sidewall.