Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 1796
    mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    3x handles torque better. Like the torque created by big brakes, big grippy tires, and low gears. Definitely 3x 32 spoke for any AM wheel. Spoke hole issues haven't been at all common with these rims. Maybe non-existant?
    I will add to this, that if and when a spoke breaks, a 32 spoke wheel will be less affected than a wheel with fewer spokes.
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

mtbr member
    I ordered AM 33mm rims last week, and should be here by the end of next month (chinese new year) I'll have them laced to I9 hubs. I can't wait!
    2013 Kona Process

gone for a bike ride
    benny @ wheelbuilder is lacing my LB wheelset today - will post pics & spec later

best
    alex
    Last edited by culturesponge; 02-04-2014 at 12:50 AM.

gone for a bike ride

1306g - Light Bicycle 26" 32h new All Mountain wheelset build

204.6g dt swiss 190 32h cl rear hub

109g dt swiss 190 32h cl front hub

14.3g - Sapim Super CX-Ray 252mm x4

14.8g - Sapim Super CX-Ray 254mm x4

1.4g - Wheelbuilder 1.8 14mm nips x4

369g - Light Bicycle 26" 32h new All Mountain rim

366g - Light Bicycle 26" 32h new All Mountain rim

....Rear Wheel....
    Hub: 135mm DT Swiss 190 Ceramic CL 32h black - 205g
    Rim: LB AM 26" 32h black - 369g
    Spokes : Sapim Super CX-Ray black + Wheelbuilder 14mm 1.8 nips - 129g
    WEIGHT: 703g

703g rear wheel

....Front Wheel....
    Hub: 100mm DT Swiss 190 Ceramic 32h CL - 108g
    Rim: LB AM 26" 32h black - 366g
    Spokes: Sapim Super CX-Ray black + Wheelbuilder 14mm 1.8 nips - 129g
    WEIGHT: 603g

603g front wheel

will put tyres on them tomorrow - very happy so far

massive thanks to Benny & Jon @ Wheelbuilder, Chris @ Starbike & Kartrin Li @ Light Bicycles

best
    alex
    Last edited by culturesponge; 02-06-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: better pic of wheel

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Nice Alex. Excellent weight.

Look forward to the ride report, particularly how those super thin spokes go combined with stiff carbon rims. I think a German DH champ was using superspokes on his downhill wheels at one stage, so the lightweight spokes and stiff rims might be a winning combo. What bike are these going on?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Re: 26in chinese carbon all mountain rim

Quote Originally Posted by culturesponge View Post

204.6g dt swiss 190 32h cl rear hub

109g dt swiss 190 32h cl front hub

14.3g - Sapim Super CX-Ray 252mm x4

14.8g - Sapim Super CX-Ray 254mm x4

369g - Light Bicycle 26" 32h new All Mountain rims

366g - Light Bicycle 26" 32h new All Mountain rims

....Rear Wheel....
    Hub: 135mm DT Swiss 190 Ceramic CL 32h black - 205g
    Rim: LB AM 26" 32h black - 369g
    Spokes : Sapim Super CX-Ray black + Wheelbuilder 14mm 1.8 nips - 129g
    WEIGHT: 703g

703g rear wheel

....Front Wheel....
    Hub: 100mm DT Swiss 190 Ceramic 32h CL - 108g
    Rim: LB AM 26" 32h black - 366g
    Spokes: Sapim Super CX-Ray black + Wheelbuilder 14mm 1.8 nips - 129g
    WEIGHT: 603g

603g front wheel

will put tyres on them tomorrow - very happy so far

massive thanks to Benny & Jon @ Wheelbuilder, Chris @ Starbike & Kartrin Li @ Light Bicycles

best
    alex
    Nice set of wheels. Any place that i could order something like these but for 29er? Been searching but can only find overseas, meaning china but they are using different hub brand.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

gone for a bike ride
    Quote Originally Posted by TigWorld View Post
    Nice Alex. Excellent weight.

Look forward to the ride report, particularly how those super thin spokes go combined with stiff carbon rims. I think a German DH champ was using superspokes on his downhill wheels at one stage, so the lightweight spokes and stiff rims might be a winning combo. What bike are these going on?

thank you

had been wondering about tension wind-up with those new(ish) super cx-ray's, but have a couple of wheels with the non-bladed version super spokes without any probs at all for a few years - went 32h + Wheelbuilder super strength nips just incase with these unknown LB rims

going on this bike

will be tubeless with 25mm stans tape & new formula sealant + RoRo EVO 26x2.25 or X-King Protection 26x2.4 depending on season & trail conditions

best
    alex
    Last edited by culturesponge; 02-04-2014 at 03:10 PM.

gone for a bike ride
    Quote Originally Posted by jhobert View Post
    Nice set of wheels. Any place that i could order something like these but for 29er? Been searching but can only find overseas, meaning china but they are using different hub brand.

hello

thanks, going for stealth & performance rather than bling

the world is alot smaller than you might think! ...been choking on Chinese smog here in Socal - would ordering from oversees be a problem for you?

if you don't want to pick & choose components to suit your own specific needs/wants/budget - there are loads of pre-assembled carbon wheelsets on the market to chose from - Enve are stateside & have very high standards + great customer service (so i read here on mtbr)

best+good luck
    alex

mtbr member

Most of us in this forum have bought the rims from China and built them up here with our own hubs, spokes and nipples. Light Bicycles is where we have gotten the rims from and they have all wheel sizes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    Most of us in this forum have bought the rims from China and built them up here with our own hubs, spokes and nipples. Light Bicycles is where we have gotten the rims from and they have all wheel sizes.
    Thanks, reason I ask where I can buy online to where I can oick and choose because on my area most of the lbs are not that good on wheelbuilding, fine tuning a bike is been a problem with them too.

Huckin' trails

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim

Alex, those are very nice wheels, congrats ! Did you asked for the rims to be as light as possible ? Mine were 380g with no rim bed holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

gone for a bike ride
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Alex, those are very nice wheels, congrats ! Did you asked for the rims to be as light as possible ? Mine were 380g with no rim bed holes.
    thanks

yes, asked Kartrin that the boths rims needed to be slightly under spec weight & Light-Bicycle delivered with two specially made for me

lacing-up was without problem, Wheelbuilder had to use 14mm nips to avoid damage to the rims, used 14mm 1.8 Wheelbuilder extra strong alloy nipples with the Super CX-Ray spokes - they are more durable than standard Sapim Polax nips

Ron's popped when inflating with floorpump last night, no issues at all mounting them up with Stan's 25mm tape & gloop - were as easy as a fully UST wheelset to inflate

test ride later today

..been out for a ride on your wheelset?

best
    alex

mtbr member
    Hey culturesponge, I think I spy an IKEA Expedit housing some vinyl in one of the pics! What's your setup for spinning discs?

And those wheels look super slick, I think I'll be putting in an order soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

thanks

yes, asked Kartrin that the boths rims needed to be slightly under spec weight & Light-Bicycle delivered with two specially made for me

lacing-up was without problem, Wheelbuilder had to use 14mm nips to avoid damage to the rims, used 14mm 1.8 Wheelbuilder extra strong alloy nipples with the Super CX-Ray spokes - they are more durable than standard Sapim Polax nips

Ron's popped when inflating with floorpump last night, no issues at all mounting them up with Stan's 25mm tape & gloop - were as easy as a fully UST wheelset to inflate

test ride later today

best
    alex
    How much ur total cost for the set of wheels if u dont mind me asking.

Huckin' trails
    thanks

best
    alex
    I'm curious to know if I could got away with 10g less per rim, please report on yours after a few good beatings.

So far I've had about 30 miles or more on it, all winter and snow. No problem yet, running tubeless with homebrewed sealant on DIY studded 2.1 tires. I'll put them back on the truing stand later to check how they do and compare the tension from day 1. I'm very happy with mines so far, plus the matte 3k is very stealth looking. I'm riding more aggressively on this XC bike than on my FR rig with alloy wheels and 2.4 tires.

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-dscn0369.jpg
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

gone for a bike ride
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    I'm curious to know if I could got away with 10g less per rim, please report on yours after a few good beatings.

So far I've had about 30 miles or more on it, all winter and snow. No problem yet, running tubeless with homebrewed sealant on DIY studded 2.1 tires. I'll put them back on the truing stand later to check how they do and compare the tension from day 1. I'm very happy with mines so far, plus the matte 3k is very stealth looking. I'm riding more aggressively on this XC bike than on my FR rig with alloy wheels and 2.4 tires.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0369.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	867528
    careful! ...weight weenie disease is very expensive to cure!

wouldn't fret over 10g on those smashing wheels - lucky for me i planned ahead & asked if LB could manufacture rims to request - yes they can

tyres have such vast weight variation (& most scales are rubbish anyway) - perhaps your next set of tyres will be underweight & make back that 10g difference (or more)

too much nice weather here in SoCal for me to appreciate, will try to send over some decent riding weather to you

best
    alex

gone for a bike ride
    How much ur total cost for the set of wheels if u dont mind me asking.

approx $1300 all in, really worked the web to find best prices for the components needed & Wheelbuilder dot com were brilliant (as always)

best
    alex

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

approx $1300 all in, really worked the web to find best prices for the components needed & Wheelbuilder dot com were brilliant (as always)

best
    alex
    Thanks. So u buy all the components and sent it to wheelbuilder? Just want to know how it works because in my area theres no shop who builds good wheels.

Huckin' trails

careful! ...weight weenie disease is very expensive to cure!

wouldn't fret over 10g on those smashing wheels - lucky for me i planned ahead & asked if LB could manufacture rims to request - yes they can

tyres have such vast weight variation (& most scales are rubbish anyway) - perhaps your next set of tyres will be underweight & make back that 10g difference (or more)

too much nice weather here in SoCal for me to appreciate, will try to send over some decent riding weather to you

best
    alex
    My set came in at 1 800g, mostly due to the heavy hubset (650g) and then a setback in spokes from the 4.3g Pillar X-TRA to the heavy Sapim Race, then using all 2.0x12mm brass nipples instead of alloy (you'll understand from the snowman picture). But then it cost me under $800 and it's totally unique.

My tires are about 590-600g each and with the studs it's 640-650g each. Of course this is not a permanent value, since changing tires often happens a few times a year. But the wheels themselves, you can't change it once it's been done ! Right now the bike is just under 30lbs if I take off the frame bag, pump, etc. But I'm swapping more parts soon and saving a bit of weight. When you're having to hop the bike every feet because you're riding over pot-holes from boot holes in the deep snow, light wheels really do make a difference when your momentum has to go from dead stop in the tracks to fast forward !

Just make it a bit warmer, but not too much, I need to keep it just under 30F so nothing melts and my hands don't freeze ! Snow rides are pretty awesome

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've got a set of the 33mm wide version on order laced to the faster engaging hope pro2. By the published #'s the hoops should be ~250g lighter each than my current ex823s. I'm really curious to see how much dropping a pound of rotating weight changes the feel of the bike.

Huckin' trails

Quote Originally Posted by wreckedrex View Post
    I've got a set of the 33mm wide version on order laced to the faster engaging hope pro2. By the published #'s the hoops should be ~250g lighter each than my current ex823s. I'm really curious to see how much dropping a pound of rotating weight changes the feel of the bike.
    So far, the biggest change I've seen from lighter hoops on my bike is the ease of acceleration and that translate into more enjoyable riding on technical climbs and slow sections. Top speed isn't really gonna change and going downhill (at least on my XC bike) haven't showed any improvement from weight reduction, but mostly from added width and stiffness in the front. Overall, the stiffness and added width are really the best of carbon rims. The weight reduction will only be felt under significant acceleration. This have been my experience from XC/trail riding.

gone for a bike ride
    Thanks. So u buy all the components and sent it to wheelbuilder? Just want to know how it works because in my area theres no shop who builds good wheels.

no probs, this forum is (or was) about sharing information & helping mtn biking compadre's

have a good relationship with Wheelbuilder dot com, very friendly peeps, all avid cyclist & about 40 mins(ish) from where i live - so go in person with pick-ups & drop-off's

...where are you located?

best
    alex
    Last edited by culturesponge; 02-08-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: trimming waffle - original post from cellphone

gone for a bike ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeodave View Post
    Hey culturesponge, I think I spy an IKEA Expedit housing some vinyl in one of the pics! What's your setup for spinning discs?

And those wheels look super slick, I think I'll be putting in an order soon.
    thanks

don't forget post info about your own build here if you have time
    alex
    Last edited by culturesponge; 02-06-2014 at 06:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    For you guys who have bought these rims built from light bicycles....

The hope hub they use are the newest (40t) or the quite old 24t?

I bought my wheelset like 2 weeks ago and should be ready for shipping around feb 20th. But I don't know specifically which pro 2 Evo they use

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

The hope hubs they use are the newest (40t) or the old 24t?

I bought my wheelset like 2 weeks ago and should be ready for shipping around feb 20th. But I don't know specifically which pro 2 Evo they use

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

no probs, this forum is (or was) about sharing information & helping mtn biking compadre's

have a very great relationship with Wheelbuilder dot com, very friendly peeps, they are about 40 mins(ish) from where i live - so go in person with pick-ups & drop-off's

...where are you located?

best
    alex
    Im from Los Angeles Cali

mtbr member
    Bro, there are all kinds of wheel builders in LA. Just google it.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Bro, there are all kinds of wheel builders in LA. Just google it.
    I did. But I dont want to take chance on some of the shops I dont know, and from what they say about wheelbuilder convinced me to go to them.
    As ive seen wheelbuilder is on el monte ca, which is like 30 to 40 mins away so ill just go drive to their shop.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnazachile View Post

The hope hubs they use are the newest (40t) or the old 24t?

For what it's worth I specifically requested mine with the newer 40t hopes, at the time they didn't have them in stock and it delayed my build until after the cny holiday (tomorrow, I think)

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Ok, I'm finally going to do it. 33mm AM rim with I9 Torch hubs - 142x12 and 15mm.

I am 210 lb but m not overly hard on wheels. 28 or 32h? Seems like all prebuilt wheels with carbon rims go less than 32h...

I like the pillar spokes from light bicycle, but am worried about getting spoke lengths right. Does anyone have reliable lengths from building this exact setup with I9 Torch hubs?

mtbr member
    I'm bummed! I went riding today and as I was bombing down the trail, I bunny hopped off a small riser on the trail and when I landed, I heard a loud pop. When I got to the bottom of the trail shortly after, I noticed the tire was low. So when I looked at it, this is what I found. The line down the tire is where the Stan's leaked out when the rim broke. Luckily, I pumped it back up and it held air and stayed straight for the rest of the ride back to my truck, another 6 miles or so. I took it easy though. I already emailed Nancy and Kartrin and got a response that they are on vacation until the 8th. Hopefully they will warranty it. What's weird though is it wasn't anything big. I've taken these rims off drops, jumps, through big rock gardens and they were fine, but it broke on something small. I don't know, maybe I landed on a rock or something. I'm super bummed though because I love these rims. They have been awesome until today, but I guess nothing is indestructible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-image.jpg  

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-image.jpg  

13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    I'm bummed! I went riding today and as I was bombing down the trail, I bunny hopped off a small riser on the trail and when I landed, I heard a loud pop. When I got to the bottom of the trail shortly after, I noticed the tire was low. So when I looked at it, this is what I found. The line down the tire is where the Stan's leaked out when the rim broke. Luckily, I pumped it back up and it held air and stayed straight for the rest of the ride back to my truck, another 6 miles or so. I took it easy though. I already emailed Nancy and Kartrin and got a response that they are on vacation until the 8th. Hopefully they will warranty it. What's weird though is it wasn't anything big. I've taken these rims off drops, jumps, through big rock gardens and they were fine, but it broke on something small. I don't know, maybe I landed on a rock or something. I'm super bummed though because I love these rims. They have been awesome until today, but I guess nothing is indestructible.
    Be careful with what you tell them. I recently cracked my rim and when I e-mailed them I told them that I might have hit a rock. Nancy told me that because I hit a rock that it wasn't covered under warranty. I'm pretty pissed about it actually. This is their DH version and it cracked after about a couple months of technical AM riding. The only think they would do for me was give me $15 off. So 2 broken rims in less than a year from them and my investment is gone.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

which rim model is it?

Is it the hookless??

mtbr member
    Wow! thats not good. I hope it goes better for me but I don't have a good feeling. I got a reply to my email, but she really didn't say what they are going to do yet. Here is our emails so far. So I have not gotten a reply to my last reply, so I'll see what she says about it. I also sent pics of the damaged rim, the serial# and my original order from 10/13 with the first email.

Hello Kartrin and Nancy, I have been enjoying my 26" carbon AM rims since
    I received them in the end of October 2013. They have been great and I have
    referred friends to also order them. In fact a friend of mine, (his name here) ordered a set last night based on my referral. And I was actually
    going to order another set for my other bike, but when I was riding today,
    I was going downhill and I bunny hopped off of a small rise and when I
    landed, I heard a loud pop sound. When I stopped to look at my bike, this
    is what I saw. Can this be replaced under warranty? If it can be replaced
    under warranty, I will also order a second set for my other bike. Please
    let me know what to do as soon as possible.

Hello Shred,

Do you ride downhill strongly? For rims around 370g+/-15, it can not be
    ridden DH. Only around 440g+/-15 is for DH riding.
    And how is the other rim?

Thanks,
    Nancy

Hello Nancy, thanks for replying so fast. I am a small rider, 5'6 and only weigh about 160lbs and I ride all mountain, (AM) so that's why I bought the AM version. I do a lot of climbing on the bike so I didn't want a heavy DH rim. My bike is a 29lb 2013 Intense Uzzy. The front rim is fine, this was not a crash or anything like that. I don't know why it happened today because it was not a hard trail and I have been on much harder trails and the rims were fine. Here is a picture of the wheels on my bike. (Pic sent showing its not a DH bike, but an AM bike)
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mentawais View Post
    Is it the hookless??
    No, it's the 33 wide AM with a hook
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Wow! thats not good. I hope it goes better for me but I don't have a good feeling. I got a reply to my email, but she really didn't say what they are going to do yet. Here is our emails so far. So I have not gotten a reply to my last reply, so I'll see what she says about it. I also sent pics of the damaged rim, the serial# and my original order from 10/13 with the first email.

Hello Kartrin and Nancy, I have been enjoying my 26" carbon AM rims since
    I received them in the end of October 2013. They have been great and I have
    referred friends to also order them. In fact a friend of mine, (his name here) ordered a set last night based on my referral. And I was actually
    going to order another set for my other bike, but when I was riding today,
    I was going downhill and I bunny hopped off of a small rise and when I
    landed, I heard a loud pop sound. When I stopped to look at my bike, this
    is what I saw. Can this be replaced under warranty? If it can be replaced
    under warranty, I will also order a second set for my other bike. Please
    let me know what to do as soon as possible.

Hello Shred,

Do you ride downhill strongly? For rims around 370g+/-15, it can not be
    ridden DH. Only around 440g+/-15 is for DH riding.
    And how is the other rim?

Thanks,
    Nancy

Hello Nancy, thanks for replying so fast. I am a small rider, 5'6 and only weigh about 160lbs and I ride all mountain, (AM) so that's why I bought the AM version. I do a lot of climbing on the bike so I didn't want a heavy DH rim. My bike is a 29lb 2013 Intense Uzzy. The front rim is fine, this was not a crash or anything like that. I don't know why it happened today because it was not a hard trail and I have been on much harder trails and the rims were fine. Here is a picture of the wheels on my bike. (Pic sent showing its not a DH bike, but an AM bike)
    They did warranty the 1st rim that I broke last year so you'll probably be fine. It took them about a month and a half and about $40 in shipping, so don't expect to get it quickly.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

mtbr member
    Good to know, thanks. I guess I'll have to throw my old aluminum wheels on in the mean time, which sucks because I really like the way my carbon wheels feel, being wider and stiffer.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Ok, Nancy is replacing the damaged rim, so I'm good to go. The replacement is going to be hookless so it should be a little stronger, hopefully. I also ordered another set, also 26" 33 wide AM hookless to build up another set of wheels since I already have an extra set of Hope hubs from another aluminum wheelset.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Fresh from LB, the hookless version of the 26" Enduro rim in UD matte. 27mm ID, 386g and 404g.

Built with 32h, 15mm, 142x12mm I9 Torch hubs, Pillar spokes from LB and red alloy Pillar nipples.

1525g total and absolutely beautiful.

Stan's 1" tape is a bit narrow but works. Long Speed Evolution valve stems finish them off.

Now I just need to go get them dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckin' trails

Nice wheels

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    hope to see 26inch 40-41mm rim....
    like new Ibis Cycles and not so new Syntace

mtbr member
    I agree, but ibis is not making it in 26". MTBR said Derby is, but I checked their website and it's not listed. I bet if enough people asked, Light Bikes would make it.

Actually, I just emailed Light Bikes and asked. Now if everyone else can do the same thing, I'm sure they'll make it.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

Huckin' trails

Some action pics of Easter's mudfest ride on my 33mn wide undrilled DH rims on my XC bike with 2.1 tires.

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399178027.883203.jpg
    26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399178099.848675.jpg
    26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399178215.716778.jpg
    26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399178243.183199.jpg
    26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399178270.202608.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Just a little bump. After 6 weeks wait, received my wider 26" wheels. Built with blue Hope Pro2 Evo hubs (40t) (QR & 15mm) with Pillar spokes and blue nips. Total weight: 1502 grams.

Build looks good, no bulging nipple holes. Finishing on these rims looks a bit more precise vs. my first set of rims I bought about a year ago.

Huckin' trails

Last weekend while switching to 26x1.5" slick tires and tubes for a big urban ride, the plug that was installed in the rim bed to cover the hole used by the bladder during manufacturing came unglued and fell into the rim, making a knocking noise and having me to take the wheel off and get it out. I did ran the wheel with a tube and no tape for the ride anyway, but it sucks because I didn't wanted to have to tape the rim for tubeless. I contacted LB about this and explained them. Since in still under warranty till end of august, Nancy explained to me that the glue used for the plug must have been too thin and that's why the plug came off, and is now offering me the hookless version of the rim as a replacement. She's gonna come back to me with a price (should be shipping only, about $40 I guess), and so far she seems willing to stand by their product and honor the warranty. I'll let you know how it goes.

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-imageuploadedbytapatalk1402022147.738772.jpg

26in chinese carbon all mountain rim-imageuploadedbytapatalk1402022226.289729.jpg

mtbr member
    That's good that they will cover it. The other good thing is, u can still use that rim for a spare and just run rim tape on it for tubeless. Or since that hole is not load bearing either, you might be able to glue the plug back in to use it for tubeless.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

Huckin' trails

Exactly, that's what I'll try to do and hopefully it'll hold up. Nancy just told me it's gonna be $43 for shipping, so I'm gonna have the new rim sent to me anyway.

Once again, very good customer service and great products

bike rider
    I'm building the new wide hookless 650b rims for my new Nomad. I'll be selling my 26" DT240 142mm/Atomlab Pimplite 20mm, AM rim, Comp spoke, Brass nip wheelset if anyone is interested.
    Keep the Country country.

Huckin' trails

I'm looking to buy tubeless valve stem for my 33mm wide 30mm deep rims and I'm pretty sure 45mm would be short, 50mm would be better, but how do they usually measure the length of the valve stem ? Is it from where the rubber ends (aka where the stem seal contacts the rim bed) to the tip of the stem ? From measuring this way, using a 45mm presta valve from an old tube, I barely have it long enough, using two locknuts to make sure it won't get loose, to screw in the adapter to inflate. I had a hard time finding 50mm stem in aluminum, but the 46mm red aluminum American Classic stems look very nice and I also found the WTB tcs ones in 48mm.

Anyone who tried tubeless valve stems with these rims could give me a clue on who has the proper valve length out there ?

Thanks

bike rider
    I used regular length NoTubes valve stems on my DH rims. They don't stick out very far but plenty far enough for every pump, air chuck, and gauge I've used on them.
    Keep the Country country.