U $ 4 O?

2010 weirwolf 2.3 am tcs

Just got this new tire. If anyone is interested it's a little heavier.

Web site says 800g, scale says 954g... tread looks nice though

Anyone know the weight of the 2010 weirwolf am in 2.3 ust?

U $ 4 O?

4.08 lbs w/o fluid or rotor

That's 4lbs 8oz on hope/flow
    Last edited by Deerhill; 05-28-2011 at 05:53 PM.

mtbr member
    They actually have a pic of a "slime" bottle on 'em? Wow!
    Nobody cares...........

U $ 4 O?
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel
    They actually have a pic of a "slime" bottle on 'em? Wow!
    And the lime green/gray in cursive looks worse than an Ardent.

Side walls feel strong

mtbr member
    So, WTB comes out with another version of the Weirwolf that they say is compatable with tubeless systems. I can't help but think that this is nothing but marketing for them.
    I've used a number of their tires with homemade brew without any problems. Even the seepage through the sidewalls has never been a problem.

Am I missing something here, or is this just a way that WTB can say that they now have a tire that can be used tubeless with their blessing?

Doug

U $ 4 O?

try'n the new

Quote Originally Posted by 5H2O
    So, WTB comes out with another version of the Weirwolf that they say is compatable with tubeless systems. I can't help but think that this is nothing but marketing for them.
    I've used a number of their tires with homemade brew without any problems. Even the seepage through the sidewalls has never been a problem.

Am I missing something here, or is this just a way that WTB can say that they now have a tire that can be used tubeless with their blessing?

Doug
    Got these because the new tread and rubber seems to have good support. It better for $50

My dhf minions like to slide a little on some turns before they hook. It's a tall order, but if I can get rid of the slide in that part of the lean then I might have a new favorite.

Never used another WTB tire.. except for a vraptor back in the day, and the tread on the old Weirwolfs don't look like anything special to me.

U $ 4 O?
    Doug
    What is your homemade brew?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillOG
    What is your homemade brew?
    There's a huge thread over in the 29er section called "Best Tubeless Brew". I'm using his basic mix.

Basically it's:

1 part Latex mold builder (I get mine at Michael's)
    1 part Slime (I use the ATV/Mower type with the black granules in it.)
    2 parts Water

A lot of the recipes call for Anti-freeze as an extender to keep the brew from drying out. Since I live in Michigan I don't have the drying out problem that riders in hotter regions have.
    I've run this for a year now without any problems.

I just checked into the new WW more and really like the new tread pattern. It looks like they cut down the outside row of knobs from five to three.
    They also stepped the knobs for better grip. Now if they can make this available in 29er sizes!

Doug

29 some of the time...
    That is pretty heavy. I have run the Stout, Prowler, and Mutano 2.2-2.3 tires tubeless. All of them were 800-900g. At 924g that is UST tubeless territory, heck even a bit heavy for that in a 2.3 size.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

U $ 4 O?

it's 954g

Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    That is pretty heavy. I have run the Stout, Prowler, and Mutano 2.2-2.3 tires tubeless. All of them were 800-900g. At 924g that is UST tubeless territory, heck even a bit heavy for that in a 2.3 size.
    It is a little heavy. And the side knobs seem really soft when I push on em. I want to find out the actual weight of the UST version.

On these, the extra weight comes from the sidewall. It's seems like there's a stiff insert supporting the side knobs. When I unfolded the tire and flipped it right side out, it made a weird, almost cracking noise.

mtbr member

Same here...

Doug
    I recently converted a set of Wolverine's (non-TCS) on Mavic 717's without much fuss. For the extra 140g per tire weight gain with the TCS version, I'm not sure what the point is.

U $ 4 O?

800g is not that heavy

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    I recently converted a set of Wolverine's (non-TCS) on Mavic 717's without much fuss. For the extra 140g per tire weight gain with the TCS version, I'm not sure what the point is.
    954g is pushing it a little, kind of bummed about the extra 154g's that shouldn't be there.

How much do you and your bike weigh?