mtbr member
    Sep 2009

10m axel thru king earl/big earl/azonic convert to 12m axel thru

I have a king earl rear wheel that came stock with a 135x10m bolt thru and a big earl and azonic 10mm Q.R. rear wheesl does bontrager or azonic sell a 12m bolt through covert kit for these wheel.
    I included a picture of my morewood mbuzi that uses a 12x135 axel....
    As a last ditch effort does any after market guys (Q.B.P comes to mind) make an axel that will let me convert my king earl 10mm thur to 12mm thur
    I pulled the axel out of my azonic 10mm q.r wheel,I'm wondering if they offer a simple 12mm thru kit
    Well,thx for any help !!!!
    see picture below...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10m axel thru king earl/big earl/azonic convert to 12m axel thru-mtbr-001.jpg  

10m axel thru king earl/big earl/azonic convert to 12m axel thru-mtbr-006.jpg  

10m axel thru king earl/big earl/azonic convert to 12m axel thru-mtbr-004.jpg  

10m axel thru king earl/big earl/azonic convert to 12m axel thru-mtbr-003.jpg  

Last edited by AMCAT; 02-21-2010 at 07:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    What did Trek say when you called them about this?

Google says that your outlaw wheel should have come with a 12mm adapter ( http://www.sicklines.com/2007/11/27/...tlaw-wheelset/) . Azonic should have them, but you will need to call them as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by davep
    What did Trek say when you called them about this?

Google says that your outlaw wheel should have come with a 12mm adapter ( http://www.sicklines.com/2007/11/27/...tlaw-wheelset/) . Azonic should have them, but you will need to call them as well.
    Called my local trek dealer the other day,there response was...WTF
    There one guy at the shop that is on the ball and he's out till mid week...I'll follow up with him.
    Azonic looks like a go,I'll reach out to them today...Does anyone know how the azonics match up against the transition wheels as they look to be very much the same wheel.