mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Winnipeg Trail Riding Video

I posted this in the video forum a few days ago, and I figured I'd cross post it here. I made two versions - its just two different songs, nothing changes in the video except for a few credits.

Shot along the Osbourne St. river trails, it took about an hour and a half to film and easily twice that to edit it. It also happened to be my very last ride before as the snow hit just a few days after. Ahh, sweet memories of summertime in the 'peg...

Enjoy!

WPG BIKE from d blank on Vimeo.

WPG BIKE - KIDS from d blank on Vimeo.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Thank-you, I really enjoyed seeing a trail I loved ripping when I lived in Winnipeg. Well done.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

@adelorenzo
    This is a great video, it gave a really good feel for the trail. Some pretty solid cornering in there, you could use that in a clinic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My pleasure guys.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    sorry for reviving OLD posts, but where exactly are these trails? i live at the south end of the city and am desperately looking for a great place to ride.

mtbr member
    I'm not sure tbone but when I move to Winnipeg officially after rememberance day I plan to go find them. Do you know any of the trails in the city? Are you a winter rider?

I heard there are trails in Whittier Park, any knowledge of them? I ask since I'm gonna be living in St. Boniface.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    yup, whittier park has a bunch, and connects to some good stuff along the seine river

there are some along the assinaboine river, and through into assinaboine park too.

The video features a trail that some know as "run to togo", runs from the base of the norwood bridge to togo park

mtbr member
    Is this the trail that connects from the forks and runs along near donald st?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Very nice vids, too bad those trails will be under water in about a month until mid August again!

We need some higher elevation trails...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the kindness - Im waiting for the summer flooding also but there isn't nearly as much snow this year so between that and the floodway heres hoping!

Heres a link to another video I made - Its not as good but theres other sections of the city in there. enjoy!

Link to video

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Ah hell, heres the embedded version.

WPG BIKE - SpringSummerFall 2k9 from d blank on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    where were you riding from about 1:40 - 1:55 in the new one - not whittier was it?

i liked your first VID so much I embedded it in a post on my clubs blog/website - hope that is OK. you've got the angles dialed.

every ride the seine river trails, out by Royalwood - they flow VERY nice, would suit one or your vids.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    That section of the video was whittier - near the beginning where the fort is.

Im ok with putting it on your site - whats the address?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    not just my blog - it's a club's blog. thanks again.

http://www.tinkercreekcycle.ca/

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Ive never been on the seinne near royalwood, only in st B. Where does the trail start?

I actually lived in morden this past summer, but I was working so much I didn't get a chance to ride the trails - dissappointing as my buddy says the lake trail is really really good there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The easiest way to find the trails is under the new Royalwood Bridge, just off St Annes road (it is a nice newer brown and black bridge). The trails are on the East side of the Seine, they head North from this bridge, go for about 2 or 3 km, then you exit by some newer condos. Then the trails start up again if you head a little west down the street you exit on... oh these directions suck...

Anyway, basically just keep exploring, if you stay as close as you can to the river (when the levels are lower in summer), the trail ends up going all the way North to Bishop Grandin. So about 5 km total - very flowy, very fast - but lots of hikers, so be courteous (they have all the power on this trail - it is the Save our Seine group that has kept this trail open).

Here is the best link I can find online from the Save out Seine folks describing it too.

Oh, and the Lake Trail in Morden is REALLY fun and flowy, fast. It is worth the drive out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Ill check that trail out for sure - I know exactly where that bridge is...itll be a good ride just to get there

I lived right next to the golf course in morden, I would cruise the paved trails out there but its all I had in me after working 60 hour weeks...I may come out to try the tinker back 40 thing, I just picked up some racing rims and I want to start racing this year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mainlane
    Ill check that trail out for sure - I know exactly where that bridge is...itll be a good ride just to get there

I lived right next to the golf course in morden, I would cruise the paved trails out there but its all I had in me after working 60 hour weeks...I may come out to try the tinker back 40 thing, I just picked up some racing rims and I want to start racing this year.
    Looks like the weather is turning in our favour - sunny and going into the plus temps - right on.

The Back 40 is intended to be a fun event, not just for hardcore pedal heads (although there is the 80 km category), but there is something for everyone. The trails are a BLAST. I'm sure you'd have a good time.