mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Whistler weather for next week?

How's it going? Next week we are packing our bags and driving up to the bike park. From what I gather, the park open's in a few days but I have been checking the weather and web-cam's and there appears to be some remaining snow plus some possible days of it in the upcoming weather report. I'm down here in Oregon and I'm not sure how the weather really works up that way, when they say chance of snow, will that effect the lower half of the mountain where the biking trails are at? I wasn't anticipating for the full mountain to be open but I was hoping the lower half would be ride-able. Since next week is fast approaching and I have been waiting for this trip since December, I'm getting a tad nervous that the snow might not help my cause....
    Any local insight would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks for the help.

Vr,
    Z

mtbr member
    May 2006

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the pic Jeff. Fingers crossed that the local crew has some detours around the 15foot high piles of snow, haha.....

Z

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The wife and I are heading up this Tuesday, not super sure what we will be hitting, but weather is looking...wet.

I've got rigs reserved through Summit Sports, so we will be riding and hiking. Looking forward to exploring somewhere new. Hitting the mountain isn't a huge goal since we are more the x-country types...

-j