mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Whistler Bike Lessons

I see Whistler does downhill lessons. They are Max4 I believe. Has anyone tried these? I'm going Sep 8-15 and would like to get a day of lessons for my wife. Open to lessons for myself too. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    My wife and I did the max4 this summer and had a blast. At that time we'd ridden HT's for a year and never been on a FS bike. Turned out only one other person was doing the max4, so there was 3. She had her own FS bike and was trying hone skills.

They took us to a flat area to get us use to the power of brakes, then how to angulate the bike in the turn. After 30 min or so it was off to the lines. We rode fast the rest of the 4 hr lesson and pushed way beyond our imagination. Amazing what you can do on a really nice DH bike (Giant Glory) and having a solid base of skills. The instructor was excellent, very good at assessing skills, giving pointers and building confidence.

Since then we ridden DH at Schweitzer and Silver Mtn, ID. We're now looking for AM FS bikes to avoid the rentals.

mtbr member
    Whistler has some of the most experienced instructors of any park. Well worth it if you are new to DH and new to Whistler. Have fun.