Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Keystone

mtbr member
    Martha Creek

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Frisby looks so much more appealing in the sun!!! those views are phenomenal!!

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Thanks for the "Stoke"!

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nielsvk View Post
    Martha Creek

Thanks for the video. It has been 15 years since I have ridden that trail. Forgot how good it is.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member

Where to stay/ride Revy

Driving to Revelstoke tonight and riding Tues/weds! Looking forward to it. I think we'll do one day at Mt McPherson and then keystone Standard on the second. Are the trails dry after all the rain?

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorrr View Post
    Driving to Revelstoke tonight and riding Tues/weds! Looking forward to it. I think we'll do one day at Mt McPherson and then keystone Standard on the second. Are the trails dry after all the rain?
    Rode there Saturday and Sunday. McPherson trails were wet but still really good. keystone should be good by the time you are there.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

Don't worry, be happy!

Where to stay/ride Revy

Hey all, planning this adventure for next summer. I'm thinking late July early August is best? Does it depend a lot on snowpack?

Sent from my iPad - Stupid autocorrect!

ups and downs
    Mid-summer should be fine, rain will be a bigger factor, as there can be some substantial rainstorms (and lightning) in the summer. Luck of the draw really.

Quote Originally Posted by formica View Post
    Hey all, planning this adventure for next summer. I'm thinking late July early August is best? Does it depend a lot on snowpack?

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    May 2006

Yup that nails it....August long is really busy though

Don't worry, be happy!
    So this year... last week of July or beginning of August should be good re: snowpack being cleared and best flower display?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    So this year... last week of July or beginning of August should be good re: snowpack being cleared and best flower display?
    Maybe last two weeks higher elevations have been getting snow....and lower elevations rain???? Looks like a late spring to me, but you never know.

River Forecast Centre ? Environment ? Province of British Columbia

Check out the site pretty accurate and detailed if a little behind the times. Gives snow pack and synopsis of run off etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    You're pretty safe coming the first week of August. Last year we were riding Keystone and Frisby by mid-July and they were pretty much snow free at that point. This winter wasn't snowy as last, so that bodes well, but in the mountains it's impossible to be completely safe.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Single Track Six bike race ends in Revelstoke on July 31 and there's a big softball tournament here the first weekend of August, so it will be really busy here that weekend.

Don't worry, be happy!
    The rec site, Wadey Creek - does it usually fill up? We really prefer primitive-ish camping but from what I recall about that area, you have to get way in for real primitive camping. Mostly we want a pleasant base for riding, lake is good.... Martha Creek is pretty nice? I am wondering if it's too late to get a reserve for August?

Thoughts, suggestion appreciated.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The rec site, Wadey Creek - does it usually fill up? We really prefer primitive-ish camping but from what I recall about that area, you have to get way in for real primitive camping. Mostly we want a pleasant base for riding, lake is good.... Martha Creek is pretty nice? I am wondering if it's too late to get a reserve for August?

Thoughts, suggestion appreciated.
    Go and camp at Mt. Mcpherson. Lots of little hidden spots along the XC ski trails to camp and wicked trails at your door step. The provincial camp grounds are nice, but they are a ways from trails and they cost money.

Don't worry, be happy!
    <> thank you, that sounds like the kind of thing we'd like.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I loved Wadey, I like between bush camping and prov parks. Rec sites are usually great for me, outhouses and picnic tables. I think it was around 13$/night, wood extra, it was busy when we pulled in, but that was late on a Thursday night, cleared out in AM then full for weekend. Lovely lake that it is on too. Not too bad of a distance to town/trails.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    some good tips within this thread, so thanks. we did a huge western bc trip last summer, and plan to do central/eastern this summer. any reason that planning a late september trip is a bad idea? we plan on camping, but don't mind cold nights as long as riding is good. revy will be one of the 2-3 day stops.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by driftertom View Post
    some good tips within this thread, so thanks. we did a huge western bc trip last summer, and plan to do central/eastern this summer. any reason that planning a late september trip is a bad idea? we plan on camping, but don't mind cold nights as long as riding is good. revy will be one of the 2-3 day stops.
    Usually a very nice time of year...driest...maybe a little chilly at night...frost at high elevations...no crowds.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    Usually a very nice time of year...driest...maybe a little chilly at night...frost at high elevations...no crowds.
    thank you. that's exactly what i wanted to hear. sounds like we'll miss the wildflowers and the bugs. i was not prepared for the prehistoric bugs in the South Chilcotins last summer. planning on doing a loop that includes flying into Spokane and doing Rossland>Nelson>Slocan>Revy>Salmon Arm>Kelowna +/- recommendations along the way. Probably two days in Revy and Nelson. Slightly considering the longer Eastern loop after Nelson/Revy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2