rides with camera

Where is that Damn warden station ?

o.k , so I posted on here earlier looking for trails to ride in K country . Your responses were good . We drove down to the Canmore condo and I decided we should go find the wardens cabin at lake Minnewanka , and then the next day see what Kananaskis had to offer .

I have been down the Minnewanka trail before and got up to the 13 km mark (which is where the station is supposed to be right ?) That ride I was determined to find it so we rode and rode through two thunderstorms . I got to about 16km on the computer and the trail was starting to dwindle , plus we were soaked so we decided to turn around , now looking up into the trees for any sign of a cabin . I can honestly say I was becoming obsessed with seeing it , after something was growling in the woods we hoofed it back to Canmore ate some sushi and watched another storm roll through , all the while wondering where the warden station is ..............Ya , I`ll admit it bugs me

The next day , we woke up to pouring rain and I just smiled and said "K country bites me in the arse again" ............Oh well , still a good time . I have to go back and try the drake

Some pics. from Minny .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    See there's the problem....you weren't in KCountry Lake Minne is in Banff National Park

No wonder you get lost so easy

rides with camera
    Quote Originally Posted by stokes
    See there's the problem....you weren't in KCountry Lake Minne is in Banff National Park

No wonder you get lost so easy

Hey you know what your right ! I just looked at a map . I guess this is one more reason to get a GPS
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    warden cabin is at the 16km mark from the start of the trail (not parking lot) gets harder, narrower, rockier as you go more
    good ski/bike deals at www.mntlion.com

My life is better than your vacation.