ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006

We didn't see any Ewoks in the forest...

We had a great ride yesterday morning and one of our "must ride" destinations was one of Edmonton's well hidden gems, that being the Ewok Forest.

One could easily spend hours in here riding and honing your skills and for some time I was coming here on my lunch breaks since it's only a short ride from my downtown office.

There are many people who walk and ride right by this single track and hiking oasis without knowing it's even there which in some ways is a good thing as it's a really pristine location... I think the skill level required to ride or hike here keeps the traffic down too.

And finally...I got some pics. The area is so well shaded that the pictures I took at 11 am were dark enough to require some serious enhancement.

I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

-Environmental stickers don't mean shite when they are stuck to CARS!-

Anytime. Anywhere.
    That's one of my favourite spots and you're right, I often see people ride right past. Thanks for the pics, we need more in this forum.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006
    Hey T... good to see ya back.

I try to take my camera with me everytime I go riding as you never know what you might see.

You (and a few other folks) should contemplate hooking up with the Edmonton branch of the MTBR (3 and counting) for some riding.

We (Dave, Mike, and myself) have been having a blast and one could even think that a group ride followed by some BBQ in one of the valley parks might be a good way to spend one of these gorious summer days.
    I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

mtbr member
    where is this place, i want to go so bad...

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by free rider
    where is this place, i want to go so bad...

South of Riverside golf course on the South side of the river. I've been told this is the Ewok Forrest.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006
    I've been forced to adopt a lighter riding schedule for the past few weeks to give my old bones a much needed rest and to give the body some time to rebuild... my recent checkup was good save for the fact that I have dropped more than a few pounds,my BF% was getting dangerously low, and I didn't seem to have my same get up and go.

Anyways... a little rest does wonders and I feel up to hitting the forest on Saturday.

Members who have read this thread: 0