mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Want to drive me and my bike from Calgary to Fernie on Sat, July 27? I'll pay gas!!!

I'm coming from Toronto by way of Edmonton (don't ask) and need to get to Fernie on Saturday, July 27 .... me, my bike (in bike bag), and a big duffle bag.

I will happily pay your gas .... and will pay even more if you can live with my problematic timing. I'm set to land at the airport at 11:00 a.m. Saturday morning. If you can live with waiting until then to leave, I'll happily pay you $160 to get me to Fernie.

If you need to leave earlier, I can change my Edmonton flight and get to Calgary by Friday at 7:00 (assuming no delays)..... but I'd probably pay a bit less for the ride becuase I have to pay big $$$ to change my flight.

If interested, PM me or reply to this thread and we can connect to discuss details.

Thanks!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I would suggest posting this on OurFernie.com as well, lots of carshare happens there. with what you are willing to pay someone in Fernie might be willing to drive up there to get you. That is a pretty decent hourly wage (post in job opps in ourfernie too!) Also there is a shuttle that you can hire (although not 100% on them running in the summer). It will be more than your $160, but better than not getting here. Too bad you didn't arrive a day or 2 earlier, there will be many people coming from Calgary for the Transrockies.
    shuttle info: Come Ski Fernie - How to Get Here

In fact the more I think about it, I might consider this....hmmmmm....