mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Vancouver for work

Iím headed to Vancouver this week for work and staying in the city close to the convention center. I may have about 4-6 hours to get away for a ride on Sunday. Anyone have recommendations? I will not have a car, so something local is a must.

Iím an East Coast XC rider so Iíd be looking for something close by that has some nice flow. Nothing gravity or freeride oriented is needed. Climbing is not an issue and technical trails would be nice. I can bring my gear and pedals, but would be interested in renting a bike. Suggestions would help as well.

I appreciate any help. Thanks. -M

ups and downs
    Flow is not generally a term that gets applied to trails in Vancouver. Some of the trails on Mt Fromme and Seymour are loamier and flowier than other trails, but not really flowy so something like Dreamweaver and Bobsled on Fromme are the most XC like Blue Intermediate trails, and on Seymour there's some Green/Blue trails like Bridle Path, Greenland, Ridge Runner, Bottletop, and the Hyannis Trails.

All of those are with riding distance from Endless Biking or Different Bikes where you could rent a bike.

You can pickup trailmaps or books at either of those locations. You can also get an iPhone version of the North Shore maps
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    I would take the bus (#210) over to endless biking to rent and they can give you maps and pointers and stuff. Fromme or Seymour for sure. You should extend your trip and ride more!

As for the trails, 'flow' can be interpreted differently, I find Neds pretty flowy in a way!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks fro the help guys. It poured like a mofo the past few days so I didn't have a chance to explore the trails. I did get in some trail running. Vancouver is a nice city. I'll be back for sure!