mtbr member

From Vancouver to Whistler, but how?

Hi

I'm going to visit in Vancouver next June and I have plan to spent one week in Whistler mtb park also. All flights and hotels are booked and everything is ready, but I don't know if I should rent a car... I have DH-bike with me and I'm wondering if there is any other good transport options available to traveling from Vancouver to Whistler like a bus or train? All other traveling tips are also very welcome!

-Firs time in Canada
    Nobody knows the trail like a moose.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Bus

Greyhound bus, it costs about $20. You can go from downtown or the big bus terminal (which I cannot remember where).

mtbr member
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." - John F. Kennedy

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

mtbr member
    Thanks for reply!
    I don't know why I didn't find that Whistler - Official Tourism Website for Whistler, BC Canada website before, but there are lot of good advices and tips when planning a trip.

I just wondering if it's ok to stay in Whistler without car, I mean that if there's some "must see" sights nearby where you can go only by car. Well, I need to do some research from travel books and websites.

And if someone can recommend any DH trails outside that bikepark map, I would be very grateful! For example in Alps, there are lots of great trails that only locals know.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    You don't really need a car in Whistler if you are just there to ride. I don't know the trails super well but the un marked descents are more of the pedal variety... but I could be wrong.

mtbr member
    Ok, thanks.
    Can anyone suggest what trails should I ride first? Like most bikeparks there's always some trails where you can get some touch before heading steeper and faster tracks.
    I'll stay in Whistler only 4 days and I'm going to ride alone. That's why I'm trying to get all possible information from local riders, so I don't need to wonder when I'm on the spot.
    Of course there are this information Whistler Mountain Bike Park Trail Report - What's Open but I have no idea if four days will be enough to ride all those trails.
    Thanks for any help

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    My first run of every day in the bike park is always on B-line to make sure both the bike and brain are working. You wouldn't want to be riding the DH course and find out your brakes weren't working...

The free WBP map they give you have the trails grouped by difficulty. Start on the blues and work your way up.