I build my own.

Vancouver Police Auction

My boss wants to buy a fleet of rental bikes (gravel road & path and some easy singletrack use). I talked him out of used Wally World bikes but he still only wants to spend a couple of hundred per bike.
    Is it worth our while travelling off the Island to go to the Vancouver Police Auction. Do they even have one? When is it? What are our chance of getting 10 reasonable hardtail bikes for $2000? Age isn't important.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

ups and downs
    You missed the 2014 auction date, it was April 26. Here's videos of the 2013 and 2014 inventories. The problem with an auction is that the prices on the decent bikes will often end up higher than you could find them for on Craigslist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwnTwmkB6E0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXN3q85plvI
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

I build my own.
    I thought that might be the case. I'll probably do better one at a time on CL & usedvictoria.com. Thanks rockyuphill.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

ups and downs
    The other possibility is to talk to one of the bike shops who might be booking a big order with a big manufacturer like Giant who have some half decent lower end recreational MTB's and see if they want to bolster their order size a bit.

If these things retail for $400 each, you might be able to cut a cost plus deal on 10 bikes plus helmets.

Revel 3 (2014) | Giant Bicycles | Canada

You know that you'll spend $100/bike on parts to get a $200 used bike to run properly over a year, and likely a bunch of time rescuing stranded renters.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada