Omaha Mountains
    Apr 2010

Vancouver Business Trip in mid-March

I'm going to be in Vancouver area Wednesday, March 14th through Monday, March 19th on a business trip. I have the whole weekend of the 17th and 18th free to do whatever in the area and I'm leaning towards riding a bike. Is anyone interested in meeting up to ride for a few hours on Saturday and/or Sunday of that week?

I'm interested in any type of riding minus big air(for my pregnant wife's sake) or long epics. I'm in decent shape but probably couldn't do a lot of climbing for much longer than 4 hours without hitting a wall. Most of my experience is aggressive XC and my bike I ride at home is a rigid SS 29er. I've been riding XC as a weekend warrior for the last 11 years and typically do one trip a year to somewhere cool outside of my region. I will have a rental car and intend on renting an AM bike for a day and will probably bring my GoPro HD2 with me.

I was debating whether to go snowboarding at Whistler or biking the Vancouver area and I've decided that if I can find someone to ride with I'd much rather check out the MTB scene around Vancouver (plus I figure I'll have a lot more fun on a bike as I'm still somewhat new to snowboarding). Please let me know if you would be interested. Also, if anyone is interested in hanging out any of the evenings that would sure beat hanging out at my hotel in Tsawwassen.

My other hobbies:
    Freediving/Spearfishing
    Backpacking/Snowshoeing
    Photography/Video Editing
    Computers/PC Gaming

Any info/advice is welcome.

Thanks,
    Michael

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    post on NSMB.com and you will get better results. That's the local board for the Vancouver MTB scene

mtbr member
    Hi Michael;

Although there are a few Van & area locals on these boards, you'll probably have a much better chance of finding someone to ride with if you post this question over on the NSMB.com forums. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help, but if you're ever looking for a riding partner in the Calgary area...

Good luck with your search, and hopefully you'll find someone to show you around those world-class trails!

*edit* apparently I should refresh before posting a reply.
    Everypony loves riding bikes

Omaha Mountains
    Apr 2010
    Ha, both of you guys are good. Crazy that they came so close to one another. I'll hit up that forum and hopefully find some people to ride with.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quick draw replies, pew pew