Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trails around edmonton (vegreville)

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  gord962 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm going to be in around the Vegreville, AB (100km east of Edmonton) area first week of July for a family reunion.

Wanting to do some trail riding with my girlfriend, while I'm there.

Is Elk Island National Park a good day trip to do some trail riding? It says nothing about biking the trails on the website. Anyone tried it?

Not looking for anything too extreme just want to take in scenic routes and spot wildlife.

Any other places recommended for a day trip or possibly a overnighter?

#2 ·
I'm looking for the same info as I likewise will be visiting east of Edmonton in the Lamont area.

I heard there are suitable trails in the Blackfoot Rec area near Elk Island,,,I have even found the summer trail maps,,, but I have found no reviews from actual riders what it's like....

And I have been told no LBS rents MTBs...nearest rentals closer to Calgary I guess..

Anyone help us with any info on east of Edmonton trails and rentals....?

#5 ·
I know the riding in Elk Island isn`t the greatest but the scenery there is worth a trip out . I think the riding in Blackfoot would be the same but can`t say for sure . I know there were guys that posted on here that loved riding in Blackfoot so......

I don`t know of any good riding east of Edmonton as Alberta is dominated primarily by quad, dirt bikes and 4x4 trucks . Edmonton has great trails , same with Fort Saskatchewan, but if you guys are traveling a long ways to get here you MUST make a trip out to Jasper , Hinton .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.